Pod Your Reef

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some were off the plugs (but attached to the glue- the plugs are somewhat smooth and not a great surface for glue), but I'll put them back on so I can do a careful light acclimation.

Might make a DIY eggcrate frag rack as well

With all those montis and sps you should start thinking about what tank you want to upgrade to. Lots of encrusting, very little space on the rockwork.

With all those montis and sps you should start thinking about what tank you want to upgrade to. Lots of encrusting, very little space on the rockwork.

Haha no planning for the future! What the #### am I going to do when I go to college?!?!

I can always get rid of me less-liked critters such as Duncan, green RFA, etc and and more base rock. Also would sell the montipora caps (purple and red) of space became an issue.

thecoralbeauty

Haha no planning for the future! What the #### am I going to do when I go to college?!?!

I can always get rid of me less-liked critters such as Duncan, green RFA, etc and and more base rock. Also would sell the montipora caps (purple and red) of space became an issue.

those got huge really fast.

idk. the encrusting ones- while i love them, i have misgivings about them. space is an issue, and it's pretty permanent placement, considering.

those got huge really fast.

idk. the encrusting ones- while i love them, i have misgivings about them. space is an issue, and it's pretty permanent placement, considering.

If that Phoenix grows super fast... Itll pay my way through college! Haha

Yep the purple cap is growing like crazy. I have plans with Stella... :ninja:

Thanks!

Anyone know what's up with this Ricorida Florida? It's changing colors in spots- I'm not sure if it's just being odd or unhappy

4516EC65-0065-44D0-B436-FCFCD05D6E5A_zps

regardless its stunning

Ok, I can't figure this picture out. Is it a picture in picture?

LOL no it's one picture above another. The top one just looks split since it's an awkward photo- the tank and the space to the left to it

This is ONE photo.

DACCBC9C-8F4C-4F08-B374-B9403367D35F_zps

LOL no it's one picture above another. The top one just looks split since it's an awkward photo- the tank and the space to the left to it

This is ONE photo.

DACCBC9C-8F4C-4F08-B374-B9403367D35F_zps

Ok, NOW I get it :) Thank you! Spot is beautiful!

Nice! Montipora is the best!

I have been just testing and dosing Ca and KH, the rest I suppose is supplemented by weekly 13% water changes. I could start dosing magnesium (per the article) since I have 2 dosing heads available, but that's ANOTHER test to buy haha

Having Mag. Stable and at the right levels is important- they are all related- although Alk. And Ca. Are used at a high rate by corals- your 4 head doser is perfect.........get the test kit! I love a nice Monti?

Having Mag. Stable and at the right levels is important- they are all related- although Alk. And Ca. Are used at a high rate by corals- your 4 head doser is perfect.........get the test kit! I love a nice Monti?

Your huge montipora is awesome! Imagine if my little starburst got like that.... :wub:

Yeah I need to test more often... I've was thinking that if there's an issue with my parameters a water change will fix it anyway so why bother testing, but after the clan issues I I decided to test more( softy once every week it two.

I

Your huge montipora is awesome! Imagine if my little starburst got like that.... :wub:

Yeah I need to test more often... I've was thinking that if there's an issue with my parameters a water change will fix it anyway so why bother testing, but after the clan issues I I decided to test more( softy once every week it two.

Thanks man! Ya your starburst WILL look awesome ?. 4 head doser would be sweet- I'd probably add potassium.......but yes that's another test ?

Harry,

What media do you put in your intank media baskets. Do you put filter floss on the top and bottom racks? Then purigen in the middle on one side and chemapure blue on the other? Just curious how you have your set up. I just got the JBJ 45 rl in and will be transferring my JBJ 28 over into it.

Harry,

What media do you put in your intank media baskets. Do you put filter floss on the top and bottom racks? Then purigen in the middle on one side and chemapure blue on the other? Just curious how you have your set up. I just got the JBJ 45 rl in and will be transferring my JBJ 28 over into it.

That's the same upgrade path I did! You'll love the 45.

Filter Floss goes on the top rack because you chance it most often and it's important to see whether it's clean or filthy.

I was using chemipure blue in the middle rack, but then purchased an Innovative Marine Reactor that works great.

For the last month I have ditched all chemical filtration and am just using filter floss and my skimmer. Corals look better than ever- I would recommend setting up the tank and monitoring the water before deciding to use Chemipure Blue or similar media.

righttirefire

You don't test mg? Not that I'm a huge testing person. I believe in water changes. But I totally agree if you're going to dose you better test.

You don't test mg? Not that I'm a huge testing person. I believe in water changes. But I totally agree if you're going to dose you better test.

yeah I don't test it nor dose it. Water changes work well IMO

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a feast prepared for spot...

The local fish store was REALLY generous with $1 worth of brine! Used a net so there's like 600 in there.... Insane.

75661C59-7B23-43DF-8598-598925E0AE94_zps

Cleaning all the pumps! Never did it before. The MJ1200s were in the Nanocube 1.5 years ago, and I always run with high calcium so there was a lot of calcium precipitate.

How long should they run in 100% vinigar?

414F1B80-F280-4508-8867-FF5675BBED6B_zps

Archived