Cultivated Reef

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was a big tank cleaning day.

Razored all the glass, the thermometer, and the breeder box. Lots of coraline and hard green algae.

Also cleaned out all the rear chambers- lots of white sponge stuff.

Fed 2 cubes

Mixed up the sand since there was a little bit of cyano

Why this cleanup? Because I need to get my shit perfect within a month. Because some corals are on the way. And it might all be Reef Raft.

thecoralbeauty

Today was a big tank cleaning day.

Razored all the glass, the thermometer, and the breeder box. Lots of coraline and hard green algae.

Also cleaned out all the rear chambers- lots of white sponge stuff.

Fed 2 cubes

Mixed up the sand since there was a little bit of cyano

Why this cleanup? Because I need to get my shit perfect within a month. Because some corals are on the way. And it might all be Reef Raft.

anticipation killing me!!!!

green cap looks great. all of them have grown so much!

anticipation killing me!!!!

green cap looks great. all of them have grown so much!

Thanks! I just got a photo of the 6 RR frags :wub:

I made a video of the tank. Lots of narration- I was wearing my retainer so it sounds like I have a lisp!

Nice video Harry. Your red forest acro might be a red planet. Time will tell.

Oh thats right! I always forget and mix up red planet with red forest haha. Its getting a green base, so I think so!

New page- great news!!!!

BEEP BEEP CLOWNFISH BEING HOSTED ALERT :wub:

I saw them playing in it today... And now they're loving their anemone! I'll get a better picture tomorrow- this was using flash

The picky (tank raised) bastards only took 6 months... But they're in!

(Possibly because I'm feeding the anemone three times a week recently?)

96BABD17-0D35-4897-9642-6CE5EE14249D_zps

I don't know if I buy the whole reasoning that tank raised clowns have never seen a nem so they don't know to go to it. Seems like if I was raised by baboons I'd still know that a mattress would be a comfy bed to sleep in.

I don't know if I buy the whole reasoning that tank raised clowns have never seen a nem so they don't know to go to it. Seems like if I was raised by baboons I'd still know that a mattress would be a comfy bed to sleep in.

Even if the mattress was alive and slimy and stung at first when you touched it?

Dunno. It makes sense to me that if you grew up in anemones you would be used to them, and if you grew up in s sterile glass tank you would be nervous to go in the anemone.

It's one of the things we'll never know! (Unless we talk to clownfish)

Even if the mattress was alive and slimy and stung at first when you touched it?

Dunno. It makes sense to me that if you grew up in anemones you would be used to them, and if you grew up in s sterile glass tank you would be nervous to go in the anemone.

It's one of the things we'll never know! (Unless we talk to clownfish)

Sadly this is impossible, if it was possible maybe we would be able to solve the biting and territorial issues with hands.

It's a symbiotic-relationship, both parties get some benefit. Fish, in general, don't have advanced cognitive brain function compared to mammals, but this symbiosis is instinctual. Not sure why a fish raised in a glass box wouldn't take to an anemone. If it sees food it instinctively knows to eat it right, so why not cuddle with a nem.

Awww, he looks so happy :wub:

Thanks! I believe it's the "she"- the larger one. It's being really mean to the little clown, forcing it to stay out of the anemone.

Poor guy... He needs to get her flowers or something.

I am with kat. I tank raised clowns from my mated pair and they knew they wanted an anemone from the beginning.

Hopefully the clown that is most dominant will realize that if she wants a man that the other clown is the only one available. My mated pair before they were an 'item' acted the same way. The dominant one claimed the nem and would not allow the other near it. However in time she wised up and decided if she was going to mate that it was going to have to be with him. Eventually she invited him to join her in the nem. I will say that he was hen pecked the whole 6 or so years I had them, ha ha!

Archived