SaltCritters.com

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thecoralbeauty

Yep! Was eating the entire time it was in the tank... No idea why it died :(

it was new. who knows. was probably an issue that it bought with it from the store if everything else is still happy. get a replacement.

Lmao even with my heavy night feeding, by the afternoon phosphate is 0.00!

Pouring in frozen, live brine, phyto, and reef roids.

E803B01B-8E52-4716-8D87-EDD447FC1192_zps

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lmao even with my heavy night feeding, by the afternoon phosphate is 0.00!

Pouring in frozen, live brine, phyto, and reef roids. E803B01B-8E52-4716-8D87-EDD447FC1192_zps

Holy Crap! Looks like someone needs to start nitrate/phosphate dosing.

Holy Crap! Looks like someone needs to start nitrate/phosphate dosing.

Yeah I'm really considering it at this point... Feeding 2 full sized cubes a day would start to get expensive. Like $15 a month.

I'd say male...

1636235A-41FD-4552-9881-2A6764FE8222_zps

righttirefire

I don't know anything about. Actually I know about them than I can do... I know you have one... that's too much. Don't touch dead fish with your hands diseases can transfer

I don't know anything about. Actually I know about them than I can do... I know you have one... that's too much. Don't touch dead fish with your hands diseases can transfer

Huh didn't know that, thanks.

Hey Harry Potter, looks like you've got two gremlins in the corner of your room!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Just noticed that! The lights are my drone batteries charging in the background ;)

Harry! Now that's two of us that say you need to feed more frozen. Don't start dosing nitrates and phosphates. just start feeding frozen MORE. Your fish and corals will be happy.

The foods you're feeding are not phosphate gods, I mentioned over text, you need to feed frozen cubed foods.

Fed a cube last night and this morning. Ill do another tonight :)

Edit:

bringing this forward :)

E803B01B-8E52-4716-8D87-EDD447FC1192_zps

Maybe try pellets or flake as I believe they tend to be higher in phosphate.

I deliberately put a bunch of flakes on the filter floss to break it down into phosphate ;)

I love how the normal problem with tanks are high nutrients, but you are battling a tank with too little. It is just weird to hear someone deliberately letting food sit and rot in the filter. Maybe put the skimmer on a timer so its not running all the time? Wonder if anyone has ever done that and what it could do in this situation. I wouldn't know though.

I love how the normal problem with tanks are high nutrients, but you are battling a tank with too little. It is just weird to hear someone deliberately letting food sit and rot in the filter. Maybe put the skimmer on a timer so its not running all the time? Wonder if anyone has ever done that and what it could do in this situation. I wouldn't know though.

Yeah, I always find myself in odd situations!

For now I'm just feeding constantly. Skimmer is breaking in but not taking anything out of the tank- it's just overflowing.

I have to do my regularly scheduled water changes to keep the elements that are not dosed such as mg, k, etc. So that works against trying to raise nutrients as well

I was battling low nutrients. Nitrates 1 or less on NYOS test kit, phosphates .003 on Hanna ultra low range checker. Got the phosphates up by feeding 2x/ day Rod's original a lot more than usual (was feeding 1x/day to every other day and smaller amount) and then mixtures of flakes, pellets and reef roids or reef chili. Originally was only doing reef roids or reef chili 2-3 nights a week at most. Phosphates went up to high that way (.095) Did a few days of small nitrate dosing. Dosed enough nitrates to hold it around 3. Added a few more fish as well. As of this morning with no nitrate dosing in a week, a little larger than usual weekly water change, nitrates are 5, phosphates are .058. Want to get this phosphates down to .03 and the nitrates to 3 or less. Keep feeding the tank, you'll get them up.

Its a beautiful blue morning on the reef :wub:

Hoping to stop by ReefGardener to pick up my four corals later today. One beautiful pink Zoa mini-colony and three acropora. Great prices..... I bid on them when they were posted on the FB auction and they got "lost" at the bottom of the page with nobody else bidding. So like $12 :)

Wow what a great deal on corals I wish I could have some luck like that.... What kind of acro pieces did you get?

Lol I forget which ones. A tabling one.... and two "normal" ones. The auction posts are deleted after they end to keep the page clean.

Pretty Zoas

4A66B9E4-EDEF-4DFD-8467-B76535B84BA2_zps

The tabling one. Maybe acropora desalwii

My frag

89C21148-5652-4B74-B69B-26A3E01CBBA1_zps

Mother colony

23960A38-9364-420A-B3A9-20E6FCAF3CEE_zps

Archived