Top Shelf Aquatics

Two Cats and a Reef

thecoralbeauty

Starting to look like a Twister Board in there or Candy Land w/ all the colors. Love the rich red on your urchin.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

So many awesome clams on this forum. I'm not going to be able to resist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dooo ittt!!

+1 :)

Only potential issue would be your Fluvial Edge is a bit small, and small clams are known to be harder to keep.

(Although MWhiteLock is doing great with that little guy I got her :wub:)

thecoralbeauty

+1 :)

Only potential issue would be your Fluvial Edge is a bit small, and small clams are known to be harder to keep.

(Although MWhiteLock is doing great with that little guy I got her :wub:)

I've always considered them easy keepers, and I've always had teeny tiny clams. even in my first tank, which was a ten gal. JustinFox will probably be totally fine keeping them!

Starting to look like a Twister Board in there or Candy Land w/ all the colors. Love the rich red on your urchin.

Thanks! He's beautiful blue, too on the other side. :)

I can't believe how bright gena's idaho grape is. I love purple :wub:

Your tank is looking amazing! Love the clams. I want one but dont think my lighting will support one. I saw your RFA and he is very pretty! The urchin I have ordered should be here tomorrow and is just like yours with blue and red. I have always seen blue and white but never blue and red. Anyways, I hope I can keep this urchin and he does not distroy my tank like my pincusion did. Beautiful tank!

Looking good! The kitties looks so cute.

Also- the oregon tort is turning a little lavender from it's original deep, deep blue. i wonder if that's ok? or..?

Or it's not an OT.

Kitty photo. Goes with my story about the ghosts in the liquor cabinet the other day :) Mac will be the death of me.

Mmd0Sum.jpg

Clearer photo :)

FvVpBLf.jpg

I know HOB filters can work with a nano reef, but i am stil amazed at how small yours is and your tank looks great! I love the clams too

thecoralbeauty

Looking good! The kitties looks so cute.

Or it's not an OT.

Its a definite possibility, but I trust the person I got it from, i saw the parent colony, and am as sure as i can be that it is an oregon tort. I wonder if its my lighitng...? i have my radions on 50% at 14k.

I know HOB filters can work with a nano reef, but i am stil amazed at how small yours is and your tank looks great! I love the clams too

thank you! I think the clams probably help with the filtering, the HOB i have is only for a 10gal (i had bought it when i actually had a ten gal) and never upgraded it to a 20 along with the tank.

thecoralbeauty

Cat update:

This morning Daisy was crying (she does this pitiful little meowing/yowling thing) and i didn't think much of it because she's normally talkative, but then when she walked into the bathroom with me, i realized she had poop on her back. i don't know how she would have gotten poop on her own back, so I'm guessing it was duke crowding her out of the litter box.

Meanwhile, Duke was meowing loudly back at her... which is funny because he's normally so quiet... so I threw both loud-mouths in the tub and gave them a bath with their kitty shampoo. They shut up pretty fast.

They're currently air-drying while casting me venomous looks. I think it's a good thing I'll be out for the day after all, haha.

My cat gets into my laundry and eats those plastic hang-y things sewn into shirts. Once he was crying cause it didn't come out of the other end all the way. I had to gently pull it out... :wacko:

Have the kitties been leaving the tank alone?

thecoralbeauty

Last night I was painting. Edgar and bubbles both now have some nice blue patches on them. :lol:

your idea or theirs?

My cat gets into my laundry and eats those plastic hang-y things sewn into shirts. Once he was crying cause it didn't come out of the other end all the way. I had to gently pull it out... :wacko:

Have the kitties been leaving the tank alone?

oh gosh!! Mine like to chew on them too. I've also had the same thing happen with floss they've pulled out of the trash. cats are so gross, sometimes!!

Yea, they can't get up to sit on top of it now, since I moved it away from the desk. That plus I have the screen on there, now. So far no rust, but its barely been a week.

Cat update:

This morning Daisy was crying (she does this pitiful little meowing/yowling thing) and i didn't think much of it because she's normally talkative, but then when she walked into the bathroom with me, i realized she had poop on her back. i don't know how she would have gotten poop on her own back, so I'm guessing it was duke crowding her out of the litter box.

Meanwhile, Duke was meowing loudly back at her... which is funny because he's normally so quiet... so I threw both loud-mouths in the tub and gave them a bath with their kitty shampoo. They shut up pretty fast.

They're currently air-drying while casting me venomous looks. I think it's a good thing I'll be out for the day after all, haha.

Ha ha, that is funny, at least to me! I guess Daisy and Duke would not agree.
thecoralbeauty

Ha ha, that is funny, at least to me! I guess Daisy and Duke would not agree.

once i stopped gagging from the poop smell (seriously, cat poop is so foul) i was laughing, too! especially when they did their little leg-shake thing trying to dry off. (like this:

)
charnelhouse

Cat update:

Best update ever... :lol::lol::lol:

I'll stay away from the "clean cat" innuendos....

Cat update:

Mine play in the litter box :rolleyes:. Maybe yours did that? Litterboxes are the worst thing about cats IMO :lol:.
thecoralbeauty

Doser has been running for two days now:

Params:

Alk- 8.3

Ca- 480

mg- 1350

Bogi has been yodeling non stop for a few days, it's driving me bananas.

do you know why??

May boost the alk dosage just a bit, we'll see. I just did a water change a few days ago too... I think I'm ok where we are now, but I'm more concerned with stability at this point. I'll test again in another few days and see if we are still at 8.3. if i know it's consistent, i may bump to 9.

HarryPotter

Best update ever... :lol::lol::lol:

I'll stay away from the "clean cat" innuendos....

You have better self control than I. I'm going with the "Thank god you finally washed your pussy"

:lol::slap: #NoFilter

charnelhouse

You have better self control than I. I'm going with the "Thank god you finally washed your pussy"

Effing kids these days.... smh. ;):blink::lol:

thecoralbeauty

Effing kids these days.... smh. ;):blink::lol:

behave. :slap:

Archived