SaltCritters.com

Two Cats and a Reef

thecoralbeauty

thecoralbeauty

The Tunze ATO should be arriving today. I seem to have developed a pretty bad ear infection though, so I'm hoping to get to the doctor for antibiotics first. Maybe i'll feel well enough to install it when it comes (I'm really excited!) but, I've been having a hard enough time just doing basic housework over the last few days. I feel like I'm wasting my summer break!

the doser won't be in until next week. Harry, what sort of footprint will it make in the top of the tank? I'm trying to plan how I might cut the grate...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

The Tunze ATO should be arriving today. I seem to have developed a pretty bad ear infection though, so I'm hoping to get to the doctor for antibiotics first. Maybe i'll feel well enough to install it when it comes (I'm really excited!) but, I've been having a hard enough time just doing basic housework over the last few days. I feel like I'm wasting my summer break!

the doser won't be in until next week. Harry, what sort of footprint will it make in the top of the tank? I'm trying to plan how I might cut the grate...

The doser DOESNT go above the tank! It goes in the stand w. the 2-part bottles, and just the dosing tubes (airline sized) go into the tank.

Feel better! Luckily the Tunze ATO is pretty easy to set up. Just put the "eye" tip at your desired level with the included magnets, stick the control unit wherever you want, connect the pump to the control unit, pump goes in water, and wallah!

thecoralbeauty

The doser DOESNT go above the tank! It goes in the stand w. the 2-part bottles, and just the dosing tubes (airline sized) go into the tank.

Feel better! Luckily the Tunze ATO is pretty easy to set up. Just put the "eye" tip at your desired level with the included magnets, stick the control unit wherever you want, connect the pump to the control unit, pump goes in water, and wallah!

awesome. yea, i managed to set up the ATO today, but now i'm totally wiped out.

good to know its just the tubes that go in the tank. that will help me out a lot when it comes to cutting this new top out.

i went to the after hours/er center. apparently i had a pretty crazy ear infection (would explain the dizziness and vomiting)- so hopefully the antibiotics will kick in here by tonight and i'll be up for fish shopping tomorrow at my favorite LFS.

HarryPotter

awesome. yea, i managed to set up the ATO today, but now i'm totally wiped out.

good to know its just the tubes that go in the tank. that will help me out a lot when it comes to cutting this new top out.

i went to the after hours/er center. apparently i had a pretty crazy ear infection (would explain the dizziness and vomiting)- so hopefully the antibiotics will kick in here by tonight and i'll be up for fish shopping tomorrow at my favorite LFS.

Man that stinks!!!! Hate ear infections- I've had one or two and they're the worst because you always feel disoriented :(

Luckily my Mom can call in a prescription of pretty much anything within 2 minutes though, if we don't have it in the house already :lol:

thecoralbeauty

Feel better!! :flower:

Thank you! I actually already do. Guess I really needed the anti-biotics. Not so painful anymore, just lots of sloshing noises. (haha! i have the ocean in my ear!)

The doser came today. No tubing? hmmm....

thecoralbeauty

Big update today:

Got the screen top on.

Put the birds nest on frag plugs as best as I could

Got a red dragon acro to fill the birds nest's place.

Replaced the late flasher wrasse (may he rest in peace) with a carpenter's wrasse.

photos to come!

HarryPotter

Big update today:

Got the screen top on.

Put the birds nest on frag plugs as best as I could

Got a red dragon acro to fill the birds nest's place.

Replaced the late flasher wrasse (may he rest in peace) with a carpenter's wrasse.

photos to come!

HOWS THE ATO? SEXY?

Speaking of ATO- my 5g ran out :(

Pissed I don't have a RODI lol

thecoralbeauty

HOWS THE ATO? SEXY?

Speaking of ATO- my 5g ran out :(

Pissed I don't have a RODI lol

loving the ATO.

Still need to go get tubing for the doser. and will probably be like HOW DO I PROGRAM THIS?!! and then complain for a minute then figure it out.

Wrasse was out and about but went to bed early. no good photos of him yet.

Photos:

Screen:

IMG_3518_zpsrnmbtuku.jpg

Red Dragon:

IMG_3516_zps0yw5atqe.jpg

Frags:

IMG_3514_zpsoyq5xdmf.jpg

HarryPotter

loving the ATO.

Still need to go get tubing for the doser. and will probably be like HOW DO I PROGRAM THIS?!! and then complain for a minute then figure it out.

Wrasse was out and about but went to bed early. no good photos of him yet.

Photos:

Screen:

IMG_3518_zpsrnmbtuku.jpg

Red Dragon:

Frags:

Nice frags :)

Here is the (better) instruction manual. Its pretty basic- select a pump, set ml per dose, time of dose(s), and if you want to dose daily or not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4m9j1j5aicawyr/Jebao%20DP-4%20Instruction%20Manual.pdf

Sk8n Reefer

Nice, did you get the Red Dragon from - AA? Chris had some nice size frags like that one in there. Did you see he trimmed his 500gal. Tank down? Look a little empty

thecoralbeauty

Nice, did you get the Red Dragon from - AA? Chris had some nice size frags like that one in there. Did you see he trimmed his 500gal. Tank down? Look a little empty

yep- the red dragon colony had rtn so he fragged it up. i think he also trimmed up the cali tort colony or something. really sad. looks really empty.

place was crazy yesterday!

Screen top looks great! Did it cut down on your light penitration at all? Like the Red Dragon. I am searching for a Red Planet right now locally or close by. I will miss seeing your big birdsnest but it will grow back quickly and now you have several to either trade in or sell!

thecoralbeauty

Screen top looks great! Did it cut down on your light penitration at all? Like the Red Dragon. I am searching for a Red Planet right now locally or close by. I will miss seeing your big birdsnest but it will grow back quickly and now you have several to either trade in or sell!

Thanks! It didn't, actually, since the glass was always smudged or full of condensation or salt creep. It's been really nice so far. Glad I have the ATO for sure, since I'm getting more evaporation, but that also means more gas exchange, and thus, a more stable pH. Things seem really happy so far. Everything is nice and fluffy.

I miss the birds nest too, but they do grow quickly, so I'm hopeful. Maybe I'll learn to ship and send the pieces out, but for now I'm just hanging on to them so they heal and in case I find something local to trade for.

New additions are looking nice. Screen top will keep cats away hopefully. The red dragon is a great looking size and color.

Thank you! I have always admired it whenever i see it in other's tanks. The growth pattern reminds me of lace, somehow, or ice spreading across a windowpane. I think it's elegant and gives a good contrast to the rest of the tank's texture. :) Here's hoping i can keep it alive!

HarryPotter

Thanks! It didn't, actually, since the glass was always smudged or full of condensation or salt creep. It's been really nice so far. Glad I have the ATO for sure, since I'm getting more evaporation, but that also means more gas exchange, and thus, a more stable pH. Things seem really happy so far. Everything is nice and fluffy.

I miss the birds nest too, but they do grow quickly, so I'm hopeful. Maybe I'll learn to ship and send the pieces out, but for now I'm just hanging on to them so they heal and in case I find something local to trade for.

Thank you! I have always admired it whenever i see it in other's tanks. The growth pattern reminds me of lace, somehow, or ice spreading across a windowpane. I think it's elegant and gives a good contrast to the rest of the tank's texture. :) Here's hoping i can keep it alive!

The ATO is so great. Only issue is that it the power flickers, it dumps a shit-load of water into the tank- like a cup. I had a storm and it kept on doing the power up cycle and took down the salinity a few notches until it hit the emergency float switch
thecoralbeauty

The ATO is so great. Only issue is that it the power flickers, it dumps a shit-load of water into the tank- like a cup. I had a storm and it kept on doing the power up cycle and took down the salinity a few notches until it hit the emergency float switch

good thing i don't have many power issues, since i don't live in florida.

I'm going to go pick up some tubing today and set the doser up. making myself write a paper first, though.
HarryPotter

good thing i don't have many power issues, since i don't live in florida.

I'm going to go pick up some tubing today and set the doser up. making myself write a paper first, though.

LOL I just picked up 25 feet of tubing and 2 check valves for my doser since my tubing (used over and over throughout a dozen tanks) had rips so wasn't working well

HarryPotter

doser is set up! 5x a day, 1ml each time.

will adjust as necessary.

Awesome! Keep an eye out for air bubbles in the line- if those happen you need an anti-siphon valve to have any accuracy :)

Archived