Cultivated Reef

Two Cats and a Reef

thecoralbeauty

Hi, Morgan! Hope you are all better now :). I'm behind in here but had to comment right away on Daisy's gorgeous green eyes :wub:. I love how her collar matches her eyes :).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thecoralbeauty

Daisy, she even looks like a girl. Feminine face. Pretty.

Hi, Morgan! Hope you are all better now :). I'm behind in here but had to comment right away on Daisy's gorgeous green eyes :wub:. I love how her collar matches her eyes :).

She's so sweet.

haha thank you, i picked that bow-tie collar just for her eyes.

she's so fat!! look at that belly. it's funny because she's still skinny everywhere else, but she's got that classic kitty-pooch. "spare cookies" as they say... i'll tell her she has fans. she's usually always in trouble compared to her brother, but she's been particularly sweet lately. she must know she did something really bad.

i'm feeling much better. antibiotics really helped my ear, no more pain. minimal sloshing and crackling now. just a lingering cough, but it's getting much better in general. thank you for the well wishes!

jedimasterben

she's so fat!! look at that belly. it's funny because she's still skinny everywhere else, but she's got that classic kitty-pooch. "spare cookies" as they say...

LOL spare cookies! That's great! My 'small' cat Edgar looks like he ate a cookie factory then. :D

thecoralbeauty

LOL spare cookies! That's great! My 'small' cat Edgar looks like he ate a cookie factory then. :D

My boy kitty has a big belly. It sways when he runs!

That's so great, haha!!

photos! all of you! This might turn into "fat cats and a reef"

thecoralbeauty

Im noticing some bubble algae here and there i've wiped it out, and a few days later theres another tiny bubble somewhere (that also try to wipe out).

is there anything that eats it besides emerald crabs? (never again)

My boy kitty has a big belly. It sways when he runs!

Ha! Both of mine do as well - cracks me up when their bellies sway.

haha thank you, i picked that bow-tie collar just for her eyes.

she's so fat!! look at that belly. it's funny because she's still skinny everywhere else, but she's got that classic kitty-pooch. "spare cookies" as they say... i'll tell her she has fans. she's usually always in trouble compared to her brother, but she's been particularly sweet lately. she must know she did something really bad.

i'm feeling much better. antibiotics really helped my ear, no more pain. minimal sloshing and crackling now. just a lingering cough, but it's getting much better in general. thank you for the well wishes!

Love spare cookies as well. Both of mine definitely have some :)

I don't have any fat kitties in the house right now. In fact, I wish my 19 year old would put on some weight. But I can already see Nicky and Nora making their way to spare cookie land. They LOVE to eat :).

Im noticing some bubble algae here and there i've wiped it out, and a few days later theres another tiny bubble somewhere (that also try to wipe out).

is there anything that eats it besides emerald crabs? (never again)

I have gotten a little buble algae in on plugs before and it spread just a little around in my tank. I hate emerald crabs as well and I know of nothing else that will eat it. I have had great luck just tweezing it while siphoning with a small siphon. Every time I do a water change I do what I see and less and less come back till it is gone in usually three water changes or so.

We have had a couple fat kitties with bellies that swayed when they ran. Our last kitty, Elmo we would nickname 'Buddha cat'! He would sit like a person and hold his tail between his legs with his front paws so he could wash it. His belly looked just like Buddha though and it was so funny. He died 2 years ago but I sure miss him.

thecoralbeauty

We have had a couple fat kitties with bellies that swayed when they ran. Our last kitty, Elmo we would nickname 'Buddha cat'! He would sit like a person and hold his tail between his legs with his front paws so he could wash it. His belly looked just like Buddha though and it was so funny. He died 2 years ago but I sure miss him.

awe.... he sounds adorable. if you have any photos, we'd love to see.

I have gotten a little buble algae in on plugs before and it spread just a little around in my tank. I hate emerald crabs as well and I know of nothing else that will eat it. I have had great luck just tweezing it while siphoning with a small siphon. Every time I do a water change I do what I see and less and less come back till it is gone in usually three water changes or so.

haven't done a water change in a while, so i'll start mixing some up now while I'm writing this paper.

I don't have any fat kitties in the house right now. In fact, I wish my 19 year old would put on some weight. But I can already see Nicky and Nora making their way to spare cookie land. They LOVE to eat :).

awe. they're so adorable. speaking of their elderly sibling- how is that dynamic working out? do the kittens bother the older one or do they leave her alone?

000_0003_zpseef3dhac.jpg

Here's a pic I found on my MAC in iphotos. He is not doing Buddha cat here, this is more like his 'Garfield and Odie' imitation.

thecoralbeauty

Ok- kitty photo dump. I was going to dump photos of the tank, but the carpenter's wrasse always hides when I take my phone out. It must be the case I have on there- it's a mother of pearl one and the shininess must freak him out.

So, instead we have the Inseparable kitties in a cuddle puddle:

IMG_2495_zpsjedzokgo.jpg

Nose-Nudge:

IMG_1988_zpsbaokoe1v.jpg

And running joint surveillance:

IMG_2502_zpsvulvprrb.jpg

IMG_2507_zps0nsss1kd.jpg

Daisy's "look mom- I'm not fat!" pose:

IMG_2713_zpsiqramcv8.jpg

And Belly Rubs!

IMG_2047_zpsh1xlmxau.jpg

awe. they're so adorable. speaking of their elderly sibling- how is that dynamic working out? do the kittens bother the older one or do they leave her alone?

For the most part they leave him alone. My son told me Nicky was batting at the old man's tail and he hissed at Nicky LOL. But all is good otherwise. They can all be in the same room together in harmony :).
thecoralbeauty

Tank Photodump:

I did a small water change (3-4 gallons) and while my hands were in there, i twisted the top rock on the left island so i can see the RFA again and help the poor supergirl monti get more light, she was greying out a bit there bc of the shade from the rock.

While I was at it, I moved the clams (in their cute little hammocks) into a more pleasing arrangement, as well as the acans.

So of course, I had to take photos. And in all the craziness of me moving rocks, the Carpenter's wrasse seems to have gotten over his camera-shyness.

FTS:

FullSizeRender%202_zpsocpmttst.jpg

IMG_3558_zps5nfjvooy.jpg

IMG_3556_zps0kvpbv2s.jpg

IMG_3555_zpsc8xsnf22.jpg

IMG_3562_zpsdvzqfhk3.jpg

Urchin Says hi!!... wearing a snail shell hat.

IMG_3561_zpskpk6yei4.jpg

thecoralbeauty

Also- the oregon tort is turning a little lavender from it's original deep, deep blue. i wonder if that's ok? or..?

HarryPotter

I LOVEEEEE the coloration of the tiny clam! Close up?

You didn't believe me when I told you it was light blue with a gold stripe :P

thecoralbeauty

I LOVEEEEE the coloration of the tiny clam! Close up?

You didn't believe me when I told you it was light blue with a gold stripe :P

actually i think it'll have green outlining it's mantle. it's stunning!

HarryPotter

actually i think it'll have green outlining it's mantle. it's stunning!

Need a close up! :)

This was it before:

IMG_1211_zps1qkcd1qd.jpg

Archived