Top Shelf Aquatics

Two Cats and a Reef

thecoralbeauty

charnelhouse

Yes! Me too!

Today i'm going to the LFS to pick up a peppermint shrimp for the aptasia problem. dad wants to tag along which means i'll probably end up with another frag that he likes lol

i'm really enjoying the tank being over here on this wall next to the desk. much more convenient. things are pretty happy today, too. snail knocked over the monti so i'll have to re-glue but I'm holding off until this afternoon when my hands will be in the tank anyway for the shrimp addition.

unfortunately the tank is more convenient for the cats, too, now. woke up to a motion notification on my phone at about 4 am from the camera. opened it, saw this:

IMG_3420.PNG-1_zpstxjtxmz1.png

Perfect time for the ghosty voice to yell "Get your feline face AWAY from the tank!!!!" hahaha...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thecoralbeauty

I did the "AH AH AH AH!!" thing and he sat down and looked around.

i love how on the left side you can see daisy is sitting in the big lovesac acting innocent. I have squirted her three times this morning with the squirt bottle for getting too close to the tank.

It actually was quick and painless. And, I was able to pry the sunset monti off (there was a strategic hole in the rock that it hadn't encrusted onto) without using the dremel! woohoo!

New Placement on Stand:

IMG_3417_zpsmukilzjb.jpg

New Monti Placement:

IMG_3412_zpslnsvuknr.jpg

Looks GREAT!!!! And I'm glad you got the monti off. Well, now you have a dremel for next time :) And they're good for a bunch of different things too.

Radion ftw

I had to look up what FTW meant. I'm such an acronym dummy. I need an acronym for dummies book.

thecoralbeauty

Looks GREAT!!!! And I'm glad you got the monti off. Well, now you have a dremel for next time :) And they're good for a bunch of different things too.

I had to look up what FTW meant. I'm such an acronym dummy. I need an acronym for dummies book.

exactly- i'm prepared for fragging now, once things grow too big!

and its ok. my students say "ratchet" a lot as an adjective to describe things, and i had to go look that one up in urban dictionary, because as far as i knew, it was a tool, not a descriptor.

exactly- i'm prepared for fragging now, once things grow too big!

and its ok. my students say "ratchet" a lot as an adjective to describe things, and i had to go look that one up in urban dictionary, because as far as i knew, it was a tool, not a descriptor.

HAHA! I'd totally need to go look that up too!

It means Fort-Worth... duh!

For the longest time, my mom would end all her texts and emails with "LOL." I never understood why she was laughing so much, until one day I asked her, and she told me that she thought it meant "Lots of Love!" Aw...

HarryPotter

HAHHAHAHA

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-10%20at%201.09.4

For the longest time, my mom would end all her texts and emails with "LOL." I never understood why she was laughing so much, until one day I asked her, and she told me that she thought it meant "Lots of Love!" Aw...

THAT is awesome.

My mom doesn't quite get the use of acronyms so she sends stuff like LMBOITM for laughing my butt off in the morning. And I sit there and wonder WTF she's trying to say.

thecoralbeauty

THAT is awesome.

My mom doesn't quite get the use of acronyms so she sends stuff like LMBOITM for laughing my butt off in the morning. And I sit there and wonder WTF she's trying to say.

my parents used to text me like it was an email. for example:

Dear Morgan,

blah blah blah whatever the point was,

Love,

Mom

i once used IDK with her and she asked what it meant when were on the phone. I said 'i don't know' and she goes off on me like 'if you don't know what it is then why on earth do you type it?!'

my parents used to text me like it was an email. for example:

Dear Morgan,

blah blah blah whatever the point was,

Love,

Mom

i once used IDK with her and she asked what it meant when were on the phone. I said 'i don't know' and she goes off on me like 'if you don't know what it is then why on earth do you type it?!'

Love it!!!

charnelhouse

FTW used to mean something else when I was growing up. This was before MMORPGs and interweb-speak.

And since we're hijacking Morgan's build thread with internet acronyms, here's one for your enjoyment. If you don't know what DTF really is, you might want to Urban Dictionary it so you have some context:

post-85523-0-20939900-1436548688_thumb.jpg

thecoralbeauty

FTW used to mean something else when I was growing up. This was before MMORPGs and interweb-speak.

And since we're hijacking Morgan's build thread with internet acronyms, here's one for your enjoyment. If you don't know what DTF really is, you might want to Urban Dictionary it so you have some context:

attachicon.gifdoing the facebook.jpg

oooohhhhh dear.

Comb my white yacking goat today

Call me when you get time...

It worked cause the first time she sent it to me and my sisters, we all ended up calling her. She says, "Oh it worked!!" :rolleyes:

thecoralbeauty

It worked cause the first time she sent it to me and my sisters, we all ended up calling her. She says, "Oh it worked!!" :rolleyes:

mom logic.

HAHA! Our moms would totally understand each other.

If I'm texting or emailing a buddy asking him to do something, I like to end it with "UYG." Which inevitably leads to whole conversations of increasingly long acronyms that the other person has to decipher.

Morgan, sorry i havent visited this thread in a while. I just saw it looks like you moved your 20 long onto an ikea kallax stand. am i correct? If so, i am very happy to see this, not only does it look great, but i am about to set up my new 16 on the kallax stand and and was a little worried about the weight! looks like yours is holding up good. tank looks great!!

Archived