Pod Your Reef

Two Cats and a Reef

thecoralbeauty

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thecoralbeauty

I was watching your tank- on the far right is that a torch or Galaxea?

Haha the Gigantic snail is right up on the edge of the tank.. Hope it doesn't fall over! :lol:

It's a torch :) That's my LPS corner- I have the frogspawn, hammer, and torch over there.

:(

:(

Are you on Safari?

hm. I'm on safari and it works ok for me. weird!

also- yay you can get one!

So whats the funky name of the stand? Ikea names are the best :ninja:

Why would it take a while? Just siphon out 90% of the water into a bucket, get a few strapping young men to move it over, and refill!

Because I have to paint the closet so I can move the filing cabinet in there... move the stand where the filing cabinet was... then put the tank on top of it.

painting may take a while. ive put it off since i closed on this place last august lol

took it down for the night. :) (in case you try again, gena)

No wonder! I poured myself a glass of bourbon, popped an Ecstasy, got in the Snuggie and was ready to watch your live stream. Boy was I disappointed... ;)

thecoralbeauty

So for the last two hours i've been re-arranging my house.

I moved the smaller non-photosynthetic tank out into my living room. I think it looks nice out there. I was able to put together the IKEA stand pretty quickly and it slides on my carpet well so I used that to help me move that little tank. My cats also caught a fun slide-ride out of it. Didn't spill a drop.

Turned around my couch and desk in the main fish room. That doesn't really affect the tank but I think it will look nice once I move the tank onto the new stand. I also have the option of keeping the filing cabinet in that room as opposed to having to shove it in my (still lime green) closet.

No wonder! I poured myself a glass of bourbon, popped an Ecstasy, got in the Snuggie and was ready to watch your live stream. Boy was I disappointed... ;)

if i had left it up this morning you'd have had an awesome birds eye view of me in my pj's overhauling my house, dropping books on my feet, cursing, and dancing to meghan trainer. what was i thinking taking it down!?!

if i had left it up this morning you'd have had an awesome birds eye view of me in my pj's overhauling my house, dropping books on my feet, cursing, and dancing to meghan trainer. what was i thinking taking it down!?!

Geez... now I'm REALLY disappointed!

I love rearranging furniture. I like to try to get the most function and space out of each room in our home. Always fun! Cant wait to see it all set up on the new stand!

At first I was thinking, "um... maybe she should vacuum the carpet before posting a picture..." Then I realized it was a flowery rug!!

Very nice cozy looking room. especially with the fireplace!

thecoralbeauty

At first I was thinking, "um... maybe she should vacuum the carpet before posting a picture..." Then I realized it was a flowery rug!!

Very nice cozy looking room. especially with the fireplace!

that's hysterical!! haha yea that's the kitty rug. they love rolling on it. no idea what it is.

thecoralbeauty

so, the sunset monti and the lakers monti are both encrusted so I didn't move/separate them. I wish I could.

Tempted to go in with a flat head screwdriver and a hammer and chisel the sunset monti off so I can place him lower..... but i'm not sure if thats the best way to do it.

so, the sunset monti and the lakers monti are both encrusted so I didn't move/separate them. I wish I could.

Tempted to go in with a flat head screwdriver and a hammer and chisel the sunset monti off so I can place him lower..... but i'm not sure if thats the best way to do it.

I would take the rock out before you do that (if that's what you meant about going in there with a hammer and chisel!). Cuz, what if you missed and/or the pressure cracks the bottom of the tank...

HarryPotter

Can you get the rock out?

Do you have a dremel? I love my dremel... Works for everything from grinding down dog nails to cutting rock with the diamond blade

Or dremel.

have no dremel.

can remove the rock, but it would be a PITA.

You can get one for cheap at hardware store - non dremel brand. I was impatient and couldn't find my dremel when we moved and got a black and decker for about $20. Then just get the diamond cutter attachment. Shouldn't run you much more than $35 bucks total I would think.

thecoralbeauty

You can get one for cheap at hardware store - non dremel brand. I was impatient and couldn't find my dremel when we moved and got a black and decker for about $20. Then just get the diamond cutter attachment. Shouldn't run you much more than $35 bucks total I would think.

hmm ok. thats good to know. have to go by there soon regardless.

I'm moving the tank onto the new stand tonight. wondering if I shouldn't just do it tonight while things are ticked off anyway, or if i should wait. the more i wait, though, the more it encrusts.

sigh. WHY DID I PUT THAT SO CLOSE!? I'm an idiot. :rolleyes:

hmm ok. thats good to know. have to go by there soon regardless.

I'm moving the tank onto the new stand tonight. wondering if I shouldn't just do it tonight while things are ticked off anyway, or if i should wait. the more i wait, though, the more it encrusts.

sigh. WHY DID I PUT THAT SO CLOSE!? I'm an idiot. :rolleyes:

No you aren't.

Archived