• Created
  • Last Reply
thecoralbeauty

Update!!

Clam and plate coral (and goby):

IMG_4273_zpsz8jpdoil.jpg

Other clams:

IMG_4272_zpsqayq7kw2.jpg

New sticks: (Old birds nest stump that's grown a bit, hawkins echinata, and cali tort):

IMG_4271_zpszfx1fmr3.jpg

FTS:

FullSizeRender_zpsjzcuwzt2.jpg

Yeah, relationships work when each does for the other and needs are met. When it's not like that, it won't work, it's unbalanced. That was my first marriage. I had it in my 2nd one but well, was widowed unfortunately as everyone knows. But sometimes, it's even hard to please yourself.

righttirefire

That's beyond my comprehension. Their "standard" length is 30" I guess with MH or LED no problems. But t5 tubes are 36" or 24"... 30" are hard to find.

Why do their stands set the tank at the edge? I'm alway looking for a edge around my tank to set "stuff". Goodluck

thecoralbeauty

That's beyond my comprehension. Their "standard" length is 30" I guess with MH or LED no problems. But t5 tubes are 36" or 24"... 30" are hard to find.

Why do their stands set the tank at the edge? I'm alway looking for a edge around my tank to set "stuff". Goodluck

thats why i put that piece of laminate wood on top of my ikea stand- so i have a ledge.

I think i may just end up going with that tank anyway, but the issue then will be how to transfer my xenia into that fuge instead

Break the back panel then glue the broken pieces to the back of the new tank?

Either that or just do it the ol fashioned way. razor, rubberband, rubble

thecoralbeauty

... dont transfer the xenia? Lol... or, 40B!

i love the look of it on the back wall now. when i get to a bigger tank, i'd like for it to be in the fuge.

thecoralbeauty

So, I think I was more deprived the last few months that I thought. I've been avoiding getting on here because it just makes me plan and plot and scheme more and more about upgrading my tank(s) into one bigger tank.

I still like the cad lights tank, even though its taller. my Radions can totally handle the extra depth, and with all this SPS high on my rock work, i think i need the depth anyway as they will grow. Plus, it's a similar footprint so I can keep my existing rockscape intact and not have to re-mount everything. I'd just need to figure out how to fit in the purple tube nem, dendros, and sun corals from the little tank. (and the poor lonely pearly jawfish that i have in there).

plus, then i could have a tang. or an anthias. i love anthias. or a copperband, if i can find one thats not too sensitive...

the little plate coral is the size of a quarter now- and theres lots of growth in everything else.

i boosted my vortec up to about 60-70% throughout the day. things seem to be loving it.

so i guess now the question is- when am i going to start doing this? right now that tank is about $200 off...

Update!!

Clam and plate coral (and goby):

IMG_4273_zpsz8jpdoil.jpg

Other clams:

IMG_4272_zpsqayq7kw2.jpg

New sticks: (Old birds nest stump that's grown a bit, hawkins echinata, and cali tort):

IMG_4271_zpszfx1fmr3.jpg

FTS:

FullSizeRender_zpsjzcuwzt2.jpg

Wow. I love that xenia taking over the back wall. Very nice!

thecoralbeauty

How do you like the tube nem? I think they are so pretty but worry about smaller fish getting eaten. And I want a clown goby.

common misconception- no more dangerous than any other nem.

and SO BEAUTIFUL! I love it.

You have 2 Radions? That's a big possible tank!

no, only one. sorry, typo.

Wow. I love that xenia taking over the back wall. Very nice!

thank you! it's a really fun effect, all the movement!

thecoralbeauty

Start NOW! Jusr piece it together through the holidays and come tax refund time finish it up and start cycling

there's nothing really to piece together. it's all pretty much all in one. (part of the appeal)

Would i need another vortech? i only have the mp10 and two smaller powerheads. but it also has the return pump... hm. probably need a mp40

thecoralbeauty

Are you hitting Fragtober? I think I can squeeze one Acro frag in my Nuvo my 50gal. Is not ready yet

not sure yet. I have a freezer meal party thing up north at 4:30 tomorrow. if i do, it'll be in the early part of it. totally unsure though. i don't really have much space at all- but if it is free entry, it's always fun to poke around.

jedimasterben

there's nothing really to piece together. it's all pretty much all in one. (part of the appeal)

Would i need another vortech? i only have the mp10 and two smaller powerheads. but it also has the return pump... hm. probably need a mp40

For the 42 you'd want 3-4x MP10. Or use an MP40 or a pair of them to sync up, then use your MP10 on the back wall. Or try a Gyre.

not sure yet. I have a freezer meal party thing up north at 4:30 tomorrow. if i do, it'll be in the early part of it. totally unsure though. i don't really have much space at all- but if it is free entry, it's always fun to poke around.

I think it's $5.00 to get in and you get a free frag- not that I'll take it though- I'll be looking for something a little more unique - hopefully there will be a good SPS selection- Gonzo's from Ft. Collins usually has some nice pieces

Archived