Innovative Marine Aquariums

Two Cats and a Reef

thecoralbeauty

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thecoralbeauty

You're killing me... we could be fine by now! We talked about 40s 2 weeks ago... they're still on sale!

hahaha and NOW I'm back to thinking the 50 gallon. I forgot about my little jawfish in the other tank. he needs plenty of room away from the pistol shrimp if i'm combining the two...

hahaha and NOW I'm back to thinking the 50 gallon. I forgot about my little jawfish in the other tank. he needs plenty of room away from the pistol shrimp if i'm combining the two...

Lmao GO BIG OR GO HOME

(Yeah I know; I'm a terrible influence!)

thecoralbeauty

Lmao GO BIG OR GO HOME

(Yeah I know; I'm a terrible influence!)

and good at spending my money!!

but then again... if i get the 50... the fish options... :wub:

thecoralbeauty

So, I laid the tape measure down on the floor in the second bedroom and sort of taped out the footprint of the larger tank- which actually seems a little smaller than what I have now (though what i have now is actually 6 inches longer).

I feel like I should go for the 50. It gives me more space for the fish that I currently have- and fish that I also would like to keep and add to my existing stock.

Gotta figure out when I want to order it. Tomorrow? hm.

righttirefire

I thinking you're at that important time when you need to decide on stocking. If you want a trio of anthias, what kind of dimensions do they need? Long or tall? Are you sumping? That'll give you more volume and a more enjoyable system in my opinion. Don't order just to order. Order because your have a plan, you have the equipment figured out, stocking figured out, and placement.

thecoralbeauty

Yep- that was my thought exactly. What are the fish that I always have wanted, whats the best room I can give them- Where am I planning on keeping this and is it a size that will work when I eventually sell this place (or rent it out) and move to a bigger house. I also considered what sort of space my current stocking will need (Jawfish needs his own space away from the pistol shrimp) - vertically this gives me much more room for my sticks to grow up, as well as provides the swimming space necessary for the fish I like (Anthias, potentially a tang) I'm going to keep my rock scape as it is, and I also sort of taped that out on the floor as well (one island will have to be offset forward from the other one, since this tank is 6 inches shorter than my current tank)- and I like that- it gives some diagonal open space.

I am sumping- that was the rationale of choosing this tank. It comes with all plumbing, a skimmer, a nice 3-chamber sump... I also saved my old LED fixture so I can even turn it into a sort of mini-fuge as well and keep my xenia down there (once I figure out how to peel them off the wall).

So.... As of five minutes ago.... I ordered the 50 gal.

Woot! Upgrade! I like the SCA tanks. I almost did one before I got the Fusion 40, but just wasn't prepared mentally to make the jump to a sumped tank. One of these days.

Congrats on the new adventure Morgan :).

thecoralbeauty

Woot! Upgrade! I like the SCA tanks. I almost did one before I got the Fusion 40, but just wasn't prepared mentally to make the jump to a sumped tank. One of these days.

Congrats on the new adventure Morgan :).

I know! I've never had a sump/fuge before either! I'm excited/nervous!

I know! I've never had a sump/fuge before either! I'm excited/nervous!

What was your old LED fixture?

Im currently trying a refugium for the second time and its working really well. Currently it is a hand in breeder box with some chaeto and its doubled in size since I put it in a few weeks ago. Hopefully I can find a nice refugium light to install it in a rear chamber eventually.

thecoralbeauty

What was your old LED fixture?

Im currently trying a refugium for the second time and its working really well. Currently it is a hand in breeder box with some chaeto and its doubled in size since I put it in a few weeks ago. Hopefully I can find a nice refugium light to install it in a rear chamber eventually.

i'll take a picture of it when i get a chance tonight- its just something i got from aquatraders like three years ago. led- no idea what it is or the lumen rating or anything. haha

righttirefire

I run a 12" cheap Chinese led light fo my sump/frag rack. 6 white leds 1w and 3 blues 1w. It works fine. Use a razor blade to peel them. And just set them against the back wall again.

thecoralbeauty

I run a 12" cheap Chinese led light fo my sump/frag rack. 6 white leds 1w and 3 blues 1w. It works fine. Use a razor blade to peel them. And just set them against the back wall again.

the xenia are going in the sump, so i'll peel them off and just dump them in there with the light. that way it'll keep them from invading everything in my display like they've started to, and I can still get my xenia fix.

IT SHIPPED!!!!

thecoralbeauty

Nice! We'll have the same tank. Did you get the PNP - the rate I am going you'll have it up and filled well before me.

I did get the PNP. ahah, i have all the stock i want with regards to corals- i just want some anthias (my mom calls them sherbet fish) and maybe a tang.

I did get the PNP. ahah, i have all the stock i want with regards to corals- i just want some anthias (my mom calls them sherbet fish) and maybe a tang.

And your Radion is perfect for it! :)

thecoralbeauty

Awesome. So next weekend you'll be a busy girl! Sumps are great! You'll love it

Good. I'm excited! and yea- hoping I will be! Busy is good. Especially busy with tanks.

It's a three-chambered sump, it's not huge... but I'm hoping I can at least put my xenia in there. maybe snag some macros too.

thecoralbeauty

soooo...

i just sent a text to my parents about wanting to put anthias and tangs in my tank and how excited i am and how pretty they will be....

it autocorrected to "anthrax" and "gangs"

:unsure:

Archived