Top Shelf Aquatics

Bad Hombre Cantina (yes I have a fish tank)

Sancho

How do you guys like rfas? I hear they move more than bubble tips and that always bothered me

The 2 I have never moved from where I put them . I turn off all flow , place them where I want them to be . Give them about an hour to settle in and slowly start turning flow back on . Seems to work so far .

• Like 4
righttirefire

Ohhhh.. so you're saying laundry is a woman's job....

:lol:

I said no such thing. Only that our women do that chorus. Not that it's a woman's job.

• Like 1
righttirefire

Me to its iced up outside so screw that I am staying home..........

RTF is doing day care so if anyone wants to drop a kid off :wacko:

School is open down here..so the demon is going to school.

How do you guys like rfas? I hear they move more than bubble tips and that always bothered me

mine have some that didn't move much... and others are Little more adventurous and they have killed off part of a monti

I see you're scared of Stella :lol:

I have send her my underoos, when the princess is out of town

• Like 1

The 2 I have never moved from where I put them . I turn off all flow , place them where I want them to be . Give them about an hour to settle in and slowly start turning flow back on . Seems to work so far .

Mine wandered all over the tank on a search and destroy mission to eliminate every other coral in my tank. I gave it to FlowerMama and it set up in the corner of her tank and hasn't moved since.
  • Like 6

School is open down here..so the demon is going to school.

Well lucky you I guess........... had a 1/4 inch or more on the truck and was raining.........still only 32 here.

Mine wandered all over the tank on a search and destroy mission to eliminate every other coral in my tank. I gave it to FlowerMama and it set up in the corner of her tank and hasn't moved since.

Yeah mine sit still but they are in a RFA only tank so nothing they can kill. I do have a green toadstool in there but its not bothered at all. every once in a while one will go on an adventure and move a few inches........

• Like 2

I probably jinxed myself

• Like 3

Well I ordered 8 so maybe the softie reef will have a melt down :wacko:

But I do have a huge Maxi nem that sits right behind my huge leather colonies and it never harms them.

Better post pics ;) who did you order from?

Thinking of heading to the store to get breakfast fixins.........everyone is still sleeping......

VIP reef.
  • Like 3

Well I ordered 8 so maybe the softie reef will have a melt down :wacko:But I do have a huge Maxi nem that sits right behind my huge leather colonies and it never harms them. VIP reef.

Nah it won't melt down. They seem to sting sps and sensitive lps, but they don't bother softies, gorgs or polyps at all. And in my case, favias will sting the crap out of RFAs so I think their sting is pretty weak. I have one sitting right under my cynarina and neither has bothered the other at all. Now, if one goes wandering into your maxi mini, the rfa is toast.

• Like 3

I have about 25-30 - maybe 3 of them have moved. The others have stayed in the same spot for over a year. They'll move if they're not happy and from what I can tell, they don't like massive flow, just enough to ruffle their skirts.

• Like 2

And makin samiches

And they better not be PB&J!!

Nah it won't melt down. They seem to sting sps and sensitive lps, but they don't bother softies, gorgs or polyps at all. And in my case, favias will sting the crap out of RFAs so I think their sting is pretty weak. I have one sitting right under my cynarina and neither has bothered the other at all. Now, if one goes wandering into your maxi mini, the rfa is toast.

The maxi is all the way at the top so doubt that will happen.

Look at this perfect little guy being all nice.

6ACE7816-8A1D-4A5D-B283-157532096422.jpg

• Like 4

Sancho your call. Is this the new lounge with bonus reef pics?

It appears he doesn't get a choice

I love them. I have 18. I'd say 1/3 of them have stayed put, 1/3 of them move around A LOT, and 1/3 of them move only a little. I had them in a mixed tank for a while, but decided I liked them more than my other corals so they are all in a RFA/gorg only tank. You could always get some, try it, and if you don;t like them send them to me! :flower:

• Like 4

Sancho said "yes".

This is assuming we are giving sancho a choice. We are not.

And they better not be PB&J!! The maxi is all the way at the top so doubt that will happen.

Look at this perfect little guy being all nice. 6ACE7816-8A1D-4A5D-B283-157532096422.jpg

Pb&js are the best!

• Like 3