ReefCleaners.org

My little POTO- SPS heavy mixed reef

Slowtwitch

Awesome pictures! I really really love this new scape :).

Thanks Gena.

Means a lot coming from someone who's had so many beautiful tanks.

• Like 1

It's been about two weeks since I rehomed my foxface to the big tank along with the blue eyed kole as they were outgrowing this tank. I suspected that they were eating algae in the tank but rarely saw them actually picking at the back wall or rocks where I knew algae was growing. Well since they have moved I had a bryopsis outbreak in my GSP patches growing on the back wall. Guess they were doing more than I thought. Scraped off as much of the GSP as looked infected and tossed it out. Hopefully I got it all, but I'm sure I didn't. Guess I'll start looking for a tiny rabbit again.

• Like 3

It's been about two weeks since I rehomed my foxface to the big tank along with the blue eyed kole as they were outgrowing this tank. I suspected that they were eating algae in the tank but rarely saw them actually picking at the back wall or rocks where I knew algae was growing. Well since they have moved I had a bryopsis outbreak in my GSP patches growing on the back wall. Guess they were doing more than I thought. Scraped off as much of the GSP as looked infected and tossed it out. Hopefully I got it all, but I'm sure I didn't. Guess I'll start looking for a tiny rabbit again.

It's good to know they were earning their keep :)

• Like 1

Anybody know an effective way to rid this frag of the barnacle on it? I thought it was gone, obviously it's back. <_<

R4pQVuN.jpg

Shrooms! :wub:

TdMMzxC.jpg

CrIPzge.jpg

Pink and green hammer

8HZzm7h.jpg

• Like 2

New baby tang will grow in this tank for a while. He's so little! :wub:

Acclimating with a couple of his new buddies. The two chalk basses (bassi?) still in the bags are going to my other nano tank.

6kabs7z.jpg

UzIfBvu.jpg

SB5jYbv.jpg

7frRrU0.jpg

• Like 5
Markburns43

The tank looks really good, maybe try a dab of glue over the barnical it?

• Like 1

I may try that next. I was trying to avoid the glue as I don't want to get it all in the hammer tentacles.

Woke up today to my little tang with a bunch of white spots on him. FML. So far he does not act stressed and is eating like a fat kid at an all you can eat ice cream bar so I'm not terribly worried but I was hoping I wouldn't have to treat for ich. :rant:

• Like 1

Woke up today to my little tang with a bunch of white spots on him. FML. So far he does not act stressed and is eating like a fat kid at an all you can eat ice cream bar so I'm not terribly worried but I was hoping I wouldn't have to treat for ich. :rant:

Try garlic icecream.....should help from what little research I've done. Pretty sure Ben suggested it.

• Like 1

Got in to the office this morning tank lights were just beginning to ramp up like normal, so things were still a bit dark. No fish to be seen. Didn't think much of it at first thinking they were still hiding because of the dark. A bit later the lights are up more and I notice the fish are all still huddled under the ledge of rock. Not normal. I toss in a few flakes of food to see if that sparks them to move around. The tang nibbles at a few pieces but not like normal. The cardinals don't even look interested. Cleaner shrimp doesn't come out of his hole either. Now I notice that most of the shrooms and acans look all shriveled. WTF. Check the doser to make sure that is running right, Skimmer is running good, grab a few test kits. All params normal. Starting to panic a little. Then I feel the water. It's cold! Both heaters are on and the thermometer reads 70* ACK! Dropped in a spare heater and did a partial water change with the water I had mixing and heated to slowly try to get the temp up.

• Like 1

Got in to the office this morning tank lights were just beginning to ramp up like normal, so things were still a bit dark. No fish to be seen. Didn't think much of it at first thinking they were still hiding because of the dark. A bit later the lights are up more and I notice the fish are all still huddled under the ledge of rock. Not normal. I toss in a few flakes of food to see if that sparks them to move around. The tang nibbles at a few pieces but not like normal. The cardinals don't even look interested. Cleaner shrimp doesn't come out of his hole either. Now I notice that most of the shrooms and acans look all shriveled. WTF. Check the doser to make sure that is running right, Skimmer is running good, grab a few test kits. All params normal. Starting to panic a little. Then I feel the water. It's cold! Both heaters are on and the thermometer reads 70* ACK! Dropped in a spare heater and did a partial water change with the water I had mixing and heated to slowly try to get the temp up.

OUCH! Hope things work out! :blink::scarry::grouphug:

• Like 1

How are they looking? I had that happen once where the temp got that low. Everything was ok. Because it's a gradual drop, it's not shocking to them, which is why I think mine did ok. I think I forgot to plug in my heater after a water change. It was user error and not mechanical failure. I just let the heater heat things back up.

Well most things are looking OK. The urchins are evidently very happy about the changes because they both spawned and now my water looks like I dumped a quart of milk in the tank. WTH is going on today?

How are they looking? I had that happen once where the temp got that low. Everything was ok. Because it's a gradual drop, it's not shocking to them, which is why I think mine did ok. I think I forgot to plug in my heater after a water change. It was user error and not mechanical failure. I just let the heater heat things back up.

OUCH! Hope things work out! :blink::scarry::grouphug:

THANKS!

• Like 1

After all the drama this morning, looks like the only loss so far is my little chalk bass.

This guy is certainly happier now that he's been fed. This is a rhodactus mushroom for those who can't tell...lol

jFJPIvD.jpg

• Like 1