Coral Vue Hydros

My little POTO- SPS heavy mixed reef

Slowtwitch

Sancho is right...it does look like an acro skeleton. BUT....it's not :wub:.

Do you have a FTS? I'm curious how it looks in a full tank shot setting. I can also keep checking in to see it..don't go out of your way :).

It's cleaning day so forgive the cloudy water. I need you to come here to show me how to take better pictures.

WpVUqIz.jpg

8vP7u98.jpg

• Like 11

I need you to come here to show me how to take better pictures.

8vP7u98.jpg

Thanks for the FTS! Looks good in there :wub:. Don't you have a nanobox light? I found it the most difficult to take photos when I was running one of those. My trick is to shade the lens on my Canon with my hand otherwise the colors are washed out. I don't have time to do photoshop for corrections so this works out well for me :).

Thanks for the FTS! Looks good in there :wub:. Don't you have a nanobox light? I found it the most difficult to take photos when I was running one of those. My trick is to shade the lens on my Canon with my hand otherwise the colors are washed out. I don't have time to do photoshop for corrections so this works out well for me :).

LED but not nanobox. I probably just need to learn to use a big boy camera and stop messing with the cell phone camera.?
  • Like 2

LED but not nanobox. I probably just need to learn to use a big boy camera and stop messing with the cell phone camera.

Yeah...my pictures with my cell phone are horrendous. You could teach ME a lesson. Yours look a heck of a lot better than mine!!!! I think LED in general is just more difficult.

Yeah...my pictures with my cell phone are horrendous. You could teach ME a lesson. Yours look a heck of a lot better than mine!!!! I think LED in general is just more difficult.

Thanks :blush: . I find that it depends on the tank as much as the light. My 30B tank was much harder to photograph when I had t5's on it than now when I have LEDs. But I really should take the time to learn how to use the DSLR.

• Like 1

So I'm sitting at my desk today writing a few notes just before lunch. The tank sits behind me so I can swing my chair around an watch it when I have a break between patients. I had fed earlier in the day and hadn't put the lid back on yet as I wanted to add more seaweed at lunchtime for my rabbit. All of a sudden I get pelted in the back of the head with something wet. My silly Lubbock's wrasse jumped and hit me. Guess she wanted my attention for something. Luckily I was there and she spent prolly less than 20 seconds out of the water. Kinda freaked me out for a few seconds though... :lol:

• Like 7

Finally caught up on the leaning tower of Twitch. I mean your thread. :)

Two barred is not the same rabbit as Scribbled. They are often confused in the hobby and even reputable online sellers often mistake one for the other.

They may look similar at first glance but the difference is that the 2 barred has 2 very dark bars, and faint blue lines and spots.

The Scribbled has light bars and is heavily lined with blue scribbles - no dots.

Two Barred is Siganus virgatus

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1465+1449&pcatid=1449

Scribbled is Siganus Doliatus

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2013/8/fish2

• Like 1

Thanks Kat for the clarification. The one I got from LA that died was a S. doliatus. The one have now from Chris! is a S. virgatus.

I'd still like to find a tiny healthy S. doliatus.

Finally caught up on the leaning tower of Twitch. I mean your thread. :)

Two barred is not the same rabbit as Scribbled. They are often confused in the hobby and even reputable online sellers often mistake one for the other.

They may look similar at first glance but the difference is that the 2 barred has 2 very dark bars, and faint blue lines and spots.

The Scribbled has light bars and is heavily lined with blue scribbles - no dots.

Two Barred is Siganus virgatus

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1465+1449&pcatid=1449

Scribbled is Siganus Doliatus

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2013/8/fish2

• Like 2

So I'm sitting at my desk today writing a few notes just before lunch. The tank sits behind me so I can swing my chair around an watch it when I have a break between patients. I had fed earlier in the day and hadn't put the lid back on yet as I wanted to add more seaweed at lunchtime for my rabbit. All of a sudden I get pelted in the back of the head with something wet. My silly Lubbock's wrasse jumped and hit me. Guess she wanted my attention for something. Luckily I was there and she spent prolly less than 20 seconds out of the water. Kinda freaked me out for a few seconds though... :lol:

OMG :lol:. Too bad you didn't get that on camera :).
  • Like 1

That fish just used up a lifetime of luck in one jump :lol:

• Like 1
Slowtwitch

That fish just used up a lifetime of luck in one jump :lol:

She certainly did. Her luck ran out today. Found her stuck to the side of the tank this morning. :unsure:

The acrylic lid I got back in January has been slowly warping and there is a gap on one side which she evidently though was her escape route back to the ocean. :tears:

I wish I could get the colors correct to show you this piece. It's such a beautiful shade of lavender. Any thoughts as to what it is or if it has a name?

https://imgur.com/a/IHLbV

https://imgur.com/2GlkgGt

Gosh I'm not good with IDs. The first link didn't work for me. I'm not sure what it is, but I am sure what it is not. :lol:

It's not a red planet - whatever species that is

It's not a Tort

It's not a Tenuis

It's not a nana

It COULD be a valida but till it colors up and you can see a dual color - not sure

• Like 2

She certainly did. Her luck ran out today. Found her stuck to the side of the tank this morning. :unsure:

The acrylic lid I got back in January has been slowly warping and there is a gap on one side which she evidently though was her escape route back to the ocean. :tears:

:(

Slowtwitch

Gosh I'm not good with IDs. The first link didn't work for me. I'm not sure what it is, but I am sure what it is not. :lol:

It's not a red planet - whatever species that is

It's not a Tort

It's not a Tenuis

It's not a nana

It COULD be a valida but till it colors up and you can see a dual color - not sure

It came in a frag pack from ASD labelled as 1 of 4. I know they had names for all four pieces, but pretty sure the order of the names didn't correspond with the numbers on the bags as one that should have been a blue acro was a peach mille. If it helps the polyps start out green and turn lavender all of the new encrusting parts are the same base lavender skin. It's not that important that it have a name, just wondered.

• Like 1
Slowtwitch

Just picked up a few new frags from Cherry Corals. I'm not entirely sure where I'm going to put them yet, but I have an idea that I think will work. In the mean time they get to hang out on the frag rack. These pics are immediately after dipping and placement on the rack.

CC Fireball

JFJIqJL.jpg

Cherry Limeade

4YwC5Du.jpg?1

Vivid Rainbow Delight (freebie :happydance: )

ZN0xJrT.jpg

Decided to take an inventory of the corals in this tank today since I was looking at a couple of websites at possible additions. I stopped counting at 41 sps pieces...I have a problem :blush:

• Like 7
myarmolich

Just picked up a few new frags from Cherry Corals. I'm not entirely sure where I'm going to put them yet, but I have an idea that I think will work. In the mean time they get to hang out on the frag rack. These pics are immediately after dipping and placement on the rack.

CC Fireball

JFJIqJL.jpg

Cherry Limeade

4YwC5Du.jpg?1

Vivid Rainbow Delight (freebie :happydance: )

ZN0xJrT.jpg

Decided to take an inventory of the corals in this tank today since I was looking at a couple of websites at possible additions. I stopped counting at 41 sps pieces...I have a problem :blush:

that cherry limeade :o

and dont worry, I havent been able to control myself either.. 20 new pieces in a week haha. SPS is an addiction for sure.

• Like 1
Slowtwitch

that cherry limeade :o

and dont worry, I havent been able to control myself either.. 20 new pieces in a week haha. SPS is an addiction for sure.

Inorite!

Don't we all!

• Like 2

When that vivid rainbow delight grows out let me know its been on my list for way to long lol

41 isn't bad, I had over 30 just on 1 rock in my old 70 before it split at the seams... literally lol

• Like 2