SaltCritters.com

My little POTO- SPS heavy mixed reef

Slowtwitch

Looking good in its new home!

His forever home is still sitting in a warehouse waiting on a carpenter to finish the build out in my office. But he does seem really happy here. I can't believe the colors that are coming out in the scoly too. Lots of baby blues coming on the rim

• Like 1

His forever home is still sitting in a warehouse waiting on a carpenter to finish the build out in my office. But he does seem really happy here. I can't believe the colors that are coming out in the scoly too. Lots of baby blues coming on the rim

Hmm never got any blue to show in the scoly. Thats awesome!

• Like 2

Hmm never got any blue to show in the scoly. Thats awesome!

Probably my lights. A lot of corals seem to change colors once they get into my tank. I got a beautiful red/purple chalice from Chris! that is growing like mad but has turned almost completely green, and my orange digi is now bright pink...?

• 1 month later...

It looks cool! What are you going to put in the caves underneath? Maybe some NPS like black sun corals? :D

If I can find black. I have orange and yellow suns and a balano which I have never actually seen open to eat. I've had the thing 7 or 8 months and never gotten it to feed.
  • Like 1

Got an awesome shipment from Cultivated Reef today for this tank. I am slowly converting this to sps dominant and these guys are helping with the transition.

Purple Stylo (Vacuum and WC tomorrow)

YfBYCge.jpg

I'm undecided whether or not I'll keep the shrooms in this tank, but these came from KPA. The monti next to them is a "Willy Wonka"

MYIM0yI.jpg

"Commoner's Envy" Poci

BmxEDZE.jpg

Jedi Mind Trick

VBiTJea.jpg

I had a real hard time getting all of these guys in focus for some reason, but there is a green slimer, "blue tip" slimer, "Dracula" stag and Bonsia cap

DBF28Wr.jpg

Superman vs Kryptonite monti, Red Robin and Kat photobombing

BKs0odg.jpg

Purple haze monti

C2KV8dE.jpg

Superman and Pokerstar montis

2YWqq6Q.jpg

Fantasy Blue monti (not really blue at all, but very cool color IMO)

4iczyqY.jpg

Everything is still a bit stressed from shipping but everything new is showing at least some PE already.

• Like 2

Great new additions! I think the dental office needs a new camera ?

And a class to learn how to use it.

Sad thing is I have a great old dental camera that would probably work great if someone could show me how to use it for the tank.

• Like 1

I'd say you nailed this one, looks great!

I feel like I need a thin branch type rock in there on the left side somehow. I may try to make something out of my leftover eMarco and some rock rubble.

And a class to learn how to use it.

Sad thing is I have a great old dental camera that would probably work great if someone could show me how to use it for the tank.

Utube will show you all you need to know. Then get a good editor to do any cropping and adjusting you need to. ?

If I can find black. I have orange and yellow suns and a balano which I have never actually seen open to eat. I've had the thing 7 or 8 months and never gotten it to feed.

If you don't find any in a couple weeks and still want some let me know I am thinking about doing a big order in a few weeks. Can likely get them and get you some killer deals on fish for the big tank if its ready.

• Like 1

Check out the build thread in my sig. It's coming along nicely. Let me know when you are ready to place an order. I might take you up on the black suns. I have several fish on order already with Jason at AquaFX. He should be bringing out my sailfin this Friday. When Sk8n comes to town this summer we all should head down to Cherry Corals together.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/370248-slowtwitchs-not-so-nano/

If you don't find any in a couple weeks and still want some let me know I am thinking about doing a big order in a few weeks. Can likely get them and get you some killer deals on fish for the big tank if its ready.

• Like 1

Check out the build thread in my sig. It's coming along nicely. Let me know when you are ready to place an order. I might take you up on the black suns. I have several fish on order already with Jason at AquaFX. He should be bringing out my sailfin this Friday. When Sk8n comes to town this summer we all should head down to Cherry Corals together.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/370248-slowtwitchs-not-so-nano/

I'll let ya know for sure, would likely pick it up on a friday night or saturday whenever I do it. Been swamped lately so not to sure when but Im hoping fairly soon.

Let me know when hes coming to town maybe we can make a day of it :)

• Like 1