Pod Your Reef

My little POTO- SPS heavy mixed reef

Slowtwitch

Slowtwitch

Possums kick ass.....great FTS of the tank....love acan mountain!

Will try to post a new FTS today. Shifted a few things around. I like the new arrangements better.

Now if I can just get these damn nems to settle in again. Two RFAs won't stop moving around lately. One of them decided to squat on my manicina and killed it. Now another has wedged it's foot between a couple of zoa colonies and is covering them up. Not sure what got them stirred up. The other three haven't moved in months.

Slowtwitch

On a sadder note, the little clown is not going to make it through the day. Found him this morning stuck to the side of one of the pumps. So strange too. He looked totally healthy in the store. Brought him home and he started the rapid breathing. Never ate and respiratory rate never slowed. Other than the breathing, he shows no outward signs of disease and all other fish are doing great. The move must have just been too much stress. :(

Slowtwitch

Some how the little guy made it through the day and night. Going to get his second round of dip for parasites and see if he will eat something. fingerscrossed

• Like 5

Some how the little guy made it through the day and night. Going to get his second round of dip for parasites and see if he will eat something. fingerscrossed

Good luck!

• Like 1
Slowtwitch

I'm going to have to come up with a really good name for this fish if he recovers completely. He made it through his third and final dip (one freshwater two chemical) and respiratory rate is almost back to normal. He looks more lively. Still not eating, but one thing at a time. And to think I almost fed him to the mantis on Monday when I pulled him off the pump intake.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

So I haven't been posting much to this thread lately. Frankly it's because I'm kinda trying to figure out what to do with it. I lost both clowns during my vacation. Wasn't surprised really but still disappointing.

Three of my RFA's decided to go on walk about in the tank and sat on several zoa colonies which are now slowly melting away.

My tank sitter decided to feed extra in spite of the instructions not to and so I have a terrible outbreak of GHA that I am trying to battle.

Today was water change day and during that, a piece of the rock work tumbled down and while it looks like none of the coral was damaged, I couldn't get the piece back the way I had it and now I don't like the way it looks in the tank. Frustrated.

I'm considering taking everything out and redoing the rock from bottom to top, after a good scrub. I dunno.

So this may have just happened....

2015-08-04%2017.08.53_zpsm6zscxxq.jpg

It's about 6 inches across like this. Can't wait to see it fully inflated and flowing. Not bad for $48. LFS sells cheap shrooms for more than this. weird.

• Like 4

So this may have just happened....

2015-08-04%2017.08.53_zpsm6zscxxq.jpg

It's about 6 inches across like this. Can't wait to see it fully inflated and flowing. Not bad for $48. LFS sells cheap shrooms for more than this. weird.

Beautiful I just got one from Eddie and love it. Keep it in low flow it will swell up nice for you.
  • Like 1

Beautiful I just got one from Eddie and love it. Keep it in low flow it will swell up nice for you.

I have it in a sheltered spot. Only been in the tank a short time and already looking amazing. What do you feed yours? I thought you said once that you only feed pellets and flake.

• 2 weeks later...

Lights came on this morning to a very cloudy tank. WTF? check the filtration, all looks good. Then I see it. Turbo snails at the top of the tank spawning....great, snail spooge all in the water. Corals are loving it though....

2015-08-18%2011.53.43_zps8b7dg4ys.jpg

While I was cleaning today I took an new FTS. Sorry, things are still a little messy.

2015-08-18%2012.05.12_zpsj6dx4p4k.jpg

Oh, and the elegance did not make it. I think a combination of too much light and the tang constantly molesting it caused it to RTN over the weekend.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

How's the tank doing.....last few pics looked great.

Things are filling in. The few sps pieces I added are doing well. The bird of paradise is sprouting new branches, the monti digi's are always fluffy, setosa growing like mad and so far no brownout on the Kat. Cleaning day today so currently it looks awful...lol I'll try to post a new FTS once things clear up again.

• Like 1

Looking good! Filling up in there ?. Are you planning on keeping the frags on the rack or trading them in?

Some will stay, some will be placed in the scape, some getting traded.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...