Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My little POTO- SPS heavy mixed reef

Slowtwitch

Slowtwitch

Nice Tank :) Too many SPS :rolleyes::PB)

No such thing

A few shots from this weekend. Took my youngest out to teach him how to sail with my friend Jeff and Captain John. Had a great time.

yRquCq6.jpg

TyKZsDG.jpg

D4U2pES.jpg

zjusgvB.jpg

iqO1vdM.jpg

UpPKEwh.jpg

mZ4tgej.jpg

UQqYCiD.jpg

• Like 5

No such thing

A few shots from this weekend. Took my youngest out to teach him how to sail with my friend Jeff and Captain John. Had a great time.

yRquCq6.jpg

TyKZsDG.jpg

D4U2pES.jpg

zjusgvB.jpg

iqO1vdM.jpg

UpPKEwh.jpg

mZ4tgej.jpg

UQqYCiD.jpg

lol! I was J/K btw...Beautiful Tank :)

Looks like u kids had a GREAT TIME!!! I have to admit, I was not a "fortunate" kid. Ur youngest will have a lifetime memory of that Voyage! Great job "Dad" :):wub:B)

• Like 3
Slowtwitch

lol! I was J/K btw...Beautiful Tank :)

Looks like u kids had a GREAT TIME!!! I have to admit, I was not a "fortunate" kid. Ur youngest will have a lifetime memory of that Voyage! Great job "Dad" :):wub:B)

I was not a "fortunate" kid either. Luckily I had/have friends who are/were. This was for a cub scout outing. (Captain John works with the Sea Scouts). I was really in the right place at the right time for this to happen, but now that I have the "in" it'll happen more often. The other boat in the pictures is more of "my" kids from my son's cub scout den.

• Like 2

I was in the Scouting movement for quite some time!

I Started as a Cub..(Tiger Cubs started a few years later). Joined a Developmentally and Physically "Handicapped" Troop at the age of 11. Stayed with the troop til I was 28. I became a Junior or an Assistant Scout master at the age of 18. I loved that troop.

We did so much! It was great! I'd do it all over again too, if I had the chance.

• Like 1

My son is finishing up his Eagle right now. The project is done, he just has one more merit badge to finish. But he never did Sea Scouts, I always thought that was a really cool aspect of scouting!

• Like 3
Slowtwitch

I was in the Scouting movement for quite some time!

I Started as a Cub..(Tiger Cubs started a few years later). Joined a Developmentally and Physically "Handicapped" Troop at the age of 11. Stayed with the troop til I was 28. I became a Junior or an Assistant Scout master at the age of 18. I loved that troop.

We did so much! It was great! I'd do it all over again too, if I had the chance.

Despite recent changes to the program I think scouting is still one of the best things out there for boys and young men. Provided the leaders believe in what they are doing. My oldest is on the verge of making Eagle. He is 16 and is headed to work at summer camp in two weeks where he'll be in charge of the nature and ecology department.

My son is finishing up his Eagle right now. The project is done, he just has one more merit badge to finish. But he never did Sea Scouts, I always thought that was a really cool aspect of scouting!

• Like 5

Despite recent changes to the program I think scouting is still one of the best things out there for boys and young men. Provided the leaders believe in what they are doing. My oldest is on the verge of making Eagle. He is 16 and is headed to work at summer camp in two weeks where he'll be in charge of the nature and ecology department.

NICE! Congrats to the both of you! Scouting certainly is 1 way to keep "Kids" off the streets! Get them involved into something they like early.

I Never made it to Eagle :unsure:<_< However, due to the nature of the troop, I sacrificed my "Ranks" to help the others in the troop.

I only made it to 2nd class. BUT! When I left to go to Basic training for the Army, I had a Scout who made it to Star and was half way to Life. I do believe he did make Eagle.

Before I left to go to Basic, there was a "Dinner" hosted by the "ARC" (Association for Retarded) (http://www.thearc.org/) *I hate that word* That was back in 1984. Anyways, The Arc recognized me for my "Sacrifice". It was a nice awards dinner :)

• Like 1
Slowtwitch

Lights came on this morning to find my rabbit fish half inside the mini maxi. Still alive, but not for much longer I fear. How does a healthy vigorous fish end up inside a nem like that? I know they have a pretty strong sting, but come on....circle of life is a bitch. :unsure:

• Like 3

Awesome experience for the youngin for sure! Looks like it was a beautiful day to be out on the water, unlike today. I don't think it was even 60 here today lol

Lights came on this morning to find my rabbit fish half inside the mini maxi. Still alive, but not for much longer I fear. How does a healthy vigorous fish end up inside a nem like that? I know they have a pretty strong sting, but come on....circle of life is a bitch. :unsure:

Interested in a yellow tang, 2bar foxface, both are about 2.5-3" probably and a bigger then softball sized black long spine urchin?? Free, just gotta figure a time/ place to meet up if your interested :)

Shoot me a text tomorrow if you want and we will figure something out from there. Doesn't have to be this week, but within the next couple weeks would be great so I can take the 150 down soon.

Slowtwitch

Interested in a yellow tang, 2bar foxface, both are about 2.5-3" probably and a bigger then softball sized black long spine urchin?? Free, just gotta figure a time/ place to meet up if your interested :)

Shoot me a text tomorrow if you want and we will figure something out from there. Doesn't have to be this week, but within the next couple weeks would be great so I can take the 150 down soon.

Yes. I'll PM you.
  • Like 1

Yes. I'll PM you.

Sounds good man. I don't get on here much lately, just shoot me a text tomorrow. Gonna go get the kids to bed. Have a good night! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a very nice two bar rabbit and yellow tang from Chris! for this tank last week. They are both really nice fish, but they are really too big to stay here for long. They'll get transferred to the big tank in a few weeks. While they are here they are doing an awesome job of keeping the rocks and back wall algae free! Still on the lookout for a tiny scribbled or orange spot rabbit.

• Like 1

Picked up a very nice two bar rabbit and yellow tang from Chris! for this tank last week. They are both really nice fish, but they are really too big to stay here for long. They'll get transferred to the big tank in a few weeks. While they are here they are doing an awesome job of keeping the rocks and back wall algae free! Still on the lookout for a tiny scribbled or orange spot rabbit.

The rabbit is especially a huge algae eater, the tang eats it too but nothing like the rabbit lol Glad they are doing good and will go to a nice big tank :) Did the urchin become trigger food or it still hanging in there? lol

Obviously I won't be ordering anytime soon but orangespots are pretty much always on the list from my main fish place, do the scribbled go by another name, or you know the scientific name? Alot of places don't order them because they get big and aren't as popular

Two bar and scribbled are the same fish, S. doliatus. The urchin is still kickin. I put him in the sump for now. He can mow down the caulerpa that is growing in the fuge. The bower is not going to pull through. There is a tiny amount of flesh left but it looks like a goner. The tang is chillin behind the rocks. He doesn't come out much yet, but the rabbit is a spaz. He's everywhere and eating like a champ.

The rabbit is especially a huge algae eater, the tang eats it too but nothing like the rabbit lol Glad they are doing good and will go to a nice big tank :) Did the urchin become trigger food or it still hanging in there? lol

Obviously I won't be ordering anytime soon but orangespots are pretty much always on the list from my main fish place, do the scribbled go by another name, or you know the scientific name? Alot of places don't order them because they get big and aren't as popular

• Like 1

Two bar and scribbled are the same fish, S. doliatus. The urchin is still kickin. I put him in the sump for now. He can mow down the caulerpa that is growing in the fuge. The bower is not going to pull through. There is a tiny amount of flesh left but it looks like a goner. The tang is chillin behind the rocks. He doesn't come out much yet, but the rabbit is a spaz. He's everywhere and eating like a champ.

Oh ok, yeah they are regulars on the list too then lol Theres another "2bar" but I can't think of the scientific name but its a little fancier.... my next one will be a magnificent tho I think when the tank gets set back up. The urchin would probably be fine in the sump as long as you don't mind him grazing down there.

Eventhough I've had both for quite a while they have always been fairly shy, we are never home lately so the only time they are used to us being by the tank is feeding time, but I am sure they will get better and more out in the open especially with more fish, but the rabbit is definitely the less shy one. No worries on the bower, figured it was a stretch but if it pulled through it would be well worth it as when its happy and healthy its a killer oddball piece. Hoping mine will pull through with all the moving and stuff coming up.

FU Monday! :rant:

Woke up this morning an hour after my alarm went off because I evidently turned it off in my sleep. It must have been my subconscious mind telling me to just stay in bed cause it's going to be a shitty day.

I got ready for work and headed into the first office like normal to feed and check on things to find a plugged drain line and about 5 gallons of water on the floor. A return pump trying to run- dry- and an ATO pump trying to keep pumping water out of an empty reservoir. F! Got that straightened out and quickly used up my reserve bucket of saltwater to replenish the water that was now on the floor. No time for proper clean-up but put down some towels and turned on a fan to try to dry things up. Off to office number two where I am actually working and find that the light above the office tank has pulled two 75 lb anchors out of the wall and the light is sitting on the screen top just touching the surface of the water. :furious: Everything appears to be OK, but the top is ruined and while the light still turns on, I know that there is saltwater inside the housing so I'll be taking that all apart to try to get it dry on my lunch hour. :unsure:

It's 5:00 somewhere, right? :(

Wow, that's definitely a Monday! But look on the bright side, at least the light on top of the screen didn't electrocute your tank and kill everything in it like Flowermama's tank :unsure:

Wow, that's definitely a Monday! But look on the bright side, at least the light on top of the screen didn't electrocute your tank and kill everything in it like Flowermama's tank :unsure:

There is that. Still can't figure out what happened to make the anchors fail. The lights been hanging there since last fall. It weighs less than 15 lbs and i had two anchors rated at 75lbs each hold it up. Maybe it's a sign. I've contemplated taking that tank down anyway.

I'm hoping things pull through. None of the zoas opened up at all today even after I got out my old t5 fixture that rests on the tank rim. They are pissed for sure. My Fiji yellow leather looks pretty angry as well.

Yesterday's adventures seem to have had no ill effects on this tank thankfully.

q8ANUbz.jpg?1

eIklPiP.jpg?1

Still white, but showing some hints of color

OJhuXNa.jpg

Stag "forest" well...someday

onzL1Yv.jpg

:wub:

rpTi8O0.jpg

1X7XDL1.jpg?1

• Like 4

Still white, but showing some hints of color

OJhuXNa.jpg

Sancho is right...it does look like an acro skeleton. BUT....it's not :wub:.

Do you have a FTS? I'm curious how it looks in a full tank shot setting. I can also keep checking in to see it..don't go out of your way :).

• Like 2