SaltCritters.com

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

OMG. DROOL. LETS SEE THE GOODIES!

I gave them about a six minute dip and put them in the tank. This is what they look like five minutes later. Total time since they first saw daylight after opening the box: about 30 minutes. Polyps are already extending and the zoas are already starting to open. As usual, Zia did a fantastic job fragging and packing. I just wish I could have been there to help at the frag party :)

I'll post another picture after things open up a little more. As good as Zia's corals always look in his tank, this is probably as good as these guys will look for a long time now that they're in my tank :lol:

18963744063_6f440ac246_b.jpgZia's Frags - Out of the Box by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 13

Holy moly! What'd ya buy?? I can't wait to see. And that is a great title - End of the World sale.

Zia had to break down his tank :tears:

But he had a huge frag party :naughtydance:

And NR got first pick at the frags :happydance:

The epic sale thread is here: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/363003-fs-the-most-epic-hobbyist-sale-ever-get-sum/

I got an SPS frag pack, and Zia included lots of freebies. I have a total of 15 frags after buying the 9 piece frag pack :D

• Like 2

Zia had to break down his tank :tears:

But he had a huge frag party :naughtydance:

And NR got first pick at the frags :happydance:

The epic sale thread is here: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/363003-fs-the-most-epic-hobbyist-sale-ever-get-sum/

I got an SPS frag pack, and Zia included lots of freebies. I have a total of 15 frags after buying the 9 piece frag pack :D

Dang! I wish I could've participated! His zoas were crazy awesome!

• Like 1

Wow! Some great corals. I am sure they will look great in your tank as well. I have the same tank, but just got it setup. I saw those frag packs and wanted to jump, but don't want to risk it with such a new tank.

Your tank is an inspiration!

• Like 1

I gave them about a six minute dip and put them in the tank. This is what they look like five minutes later. Total time since they first saw daylight after opening the box: about 30 minutes. Polyps are already extending and the zoas are already starting to open. As usual, Zia did a fantastic job fragging and packing. I just wish I could have been there to help at the frag party :)

I'll post another picture after things open up a little more. As good as Zia's corals always look in his tank, this is probably as good as these guys will look for a long time now that they're in my tank :lol:

18963744063_6f440ac246_b.jpgZia's Frags - Out of the Box by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Pshawwwwww. Have you seen your tank(s)??? Mr. Tank of the month and my tank is featured on Dave's NanoBox page. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that thinks your corals and tanks look awesome ;)

• Like 2

Just a couple more pics for tonight :)

Top down:

19404639588_41ba1b81a4_b.jpgZia's Frags - Top Down by TeenyReef, on Flickr

A couple nice acros:

19404290870_027c485233_b.jpgAcro by TeenyReef, on Flickr

19596535321_b18c8191bb_b.jpgAcro by TeenyReef, on Flickr

One of the zoa freebies:

19592213145_3d43fefb52_b.jpgZia's Zoas by TeenyReef, on Flickr

These freebie zoas were thrown in loose with one of the other frags :)

19592209925_621648b3b9_b.jpgLoose Zoas by TeenyReef, on Flickr

What a cute little rack!! I'll need one of those for my goodies too!!

Nice idea! I think I'll make myself one of those tomorrow, if you don't mind :)

Thanks! It was so easy, I don't know why I didn't make one of these a long time ago. I may a few more in various sizes just in case I need them.

• Like 6

Top down:

One of the zoa freebies:

Thanks! It was so easy, I don't know why I didn't make one of these a long time ago. I may a few more in various sizes just in case I need them.

:wub: LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! You'll have to give me a heads up if those frags produce enough that you can spread the Zia love!

• Like 4
HarryPotter

Top down:

A couple nice acros:

19404290870_027c485233_b.jpgAcro by TeenyReef, on Flickr

19596535321_b18c8191bb_b.jpgAcro by TeenyReef, on Flickr

One of the zoa freebies:

And how did you attach the egg crate supports to the upper layer? With little vertical pieces and hot glue?

• Like 1

And how did you attach the egg crate supports to the upper layer? With little vertical pieces and hot glue?

I just cut four extra squares to make little feet, and attached them with superglue.

I may take it out and glue on four more feet to make it just a little higher. I had trouble getting the bottom of the plugs to go down into the sand, and I expect the snails are going to make a mess out of everything :)

• Like 2

The frags look great, can't wait until my tank is ready for more corals, and the frag rack made out of egg crate is a great idea.

I am still trying to get the setting for my Fusion right, what do think the correct water level height is for the Fusion 10?

• Like 1

Those pesky snails!!

Yup! And they knocked everything over. I made the feet for the frag rack a little higher tonight, and put everything back in. Hopefully things will stay in place now!

The frags look great, can't wait until my tank is ready for more corals, and the frag rack made out of egg crate is a great idea.

I am still trying to get the setting for my Fusion right, what do think the correct water level height is for the Fusion 10?

Thanks! You want the water in the third (pump) chamber to be about an inch below the level of the divider between the second and third chamber.

My green and white rock flower anemone has gone missing. Last week he started getting smaller and wedged himself deep into a hole in the rocks. Today he's nowhere to be found. Hopefully he'll turn up but I don't feel good about it :(

My green and white rock flower anemone has gone missing. Last week he started getting smaller and wedged himself deep into a hole in the rocks. Today he's nowhere to be found. Hopefully he'll turn up but I don't feel good about it :(

We have a smaller size pink one (less than an inch) in the "monster tank". It upped and crawled under a rock (didn't realize it at the time). I figured it was a goner, but I saw it crawling out two weeks later! It was a LOT smaller after being under the rock for 2 weeks, but it popped up! I betcha the green machine will show up.

• Like 3

We have a smaller size pink one (less than an inch) in the "monster tank". It upped and crawled under a rock (didn't realize it at the time). I figured it was a goner, but I saw it crawling out two weeks later! It was a LOT smaller after being under the rock for 2 weeks, but it popped up! I betcha the green machine will show up.

Thanks! Mine has crawled all over the tank several times since I got him, but this is the first time he shrank up like this. Hopefully he's just exploring and will reappear soon.

Idk if I missed it or not but what is the acro on the right corner ?! That sucker is GLOWING !!! Nice pick up's though. The tank is coming together nicely :)

That's a nuclear green pocillopora. It definitely has some great color! I'm still figuring out what everything is since I've only kept a few acros before. I'm going to have to go through Zia's tank thread for some of the ones that he threw in as extras :)