Cultivated Reef

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

Your Monti cap is breathtaking!

Thanks!

Love the shrimp in that shot!

Yeah, I just got lucky. I didn't even notice he was there when I took the picture :lol:

Here's a zoomed in version of the top down cell phone shot, with a better view of the SPS and the rock flower nem. And the sexy shrimp :D

18322732068_1e523da791_b.jpgIM10 Top Down (Zoom) by TeenyReef, on Flickr

A few more top down shots from the cell phone. It's a lot harder to get the white balance right in a jpeg...

Acans and rics. A little bit receded from the earlier activities :(

18510854845_db506f212b_b.jpgRics and Acans by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Zoas. Same problem - a little bit closed up. But I really like the merlettis in this picture :)

18324652359_61c5c43f9a_b.jpgZoas and Friends by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Tyree Minefield Cyphastrea. I'm looking forward to this guy encrusting the rock it's glued on.

18324656409_a11f21704a_b.jpgTyree Minefield Cyphastrea by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 6
reefernanoman

These are all great ideas for the new light. I think I'll keep it over the frag tank for now, and see how the colors of the frags change. Right now they are mostly pale, but I'm not sure if it's because of the lighting or because of the low nutrients.

I took a few pictures tonight, including an FTS, but some of the corals were still a bit closed up because I stirred up the sand and fed them earlier.

Here's the FTS:

18483880086_e247518f48_b.jpgFTS: June 5, 2015 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Great progress. My Fusion 10G SPS have gone down hill for still after a couple of months, so I saved what I could and threw them into my NC 28G. I lost my mystic monti and all the other SPS were not doing well(still turning white). I think that the febreeze incident together with the changing of lights did a number on them. :(

• Like 2

Great progress. My Fusion 10G SPS have gone down hill for still after a couple of months, so I saved what I could and threw them into my NC 28G. I lost my mystic monti and all the other SPS were not doing well(still turning white). I think that the febreeze incident together with the changing of lights did a number on them. :(

That's really too bad! Are they doing better in the 28g?

Sk8n Reefer

Great shots! Everything's looking healthy. Really like your caps. I looked for your Tailspot in the FTS - is he hiding in there?

• Like 1

A closer shot of the rock flower anenome:

17891083703_47874c857b_b.jpgRock Flower Anenome by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And finally, a top down shot of both monti caps. The idaho grape grew from a frag that I got from Gena, which I accidentally broke in half not long after I got it. It was about an inch across when I put it in this tank, and it's five or six inches wide now :wub:

18507497422_92afea5def_b.jpgMonti Caps by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 11
reefernanoman

Actually, my superman monti did bounce back, but recently it has been getting like a white spot die off right in the middle(I think that the Kessil intensity was way too high), and I just removed some of my other SPS into my NC today to see what happens. My SPS seem to be doing much better in my NC now, but the irony is that it used to be the total opposite before! Go figure.

• Like 1

Great shots! Everything's looking healthy. Really like your caps. I looked for your Tailspot in the FTS - is he hiding in there?

Thanks! I've got the TSB in the frag tank for quarantine. After reading so many horror stories I'm really paranoid about introducing disease in my tank, so I'm just letting him hang out there for a week or so. He seems to be eating well and doesn't show any signs of stress so I'll probably move him in this weekend.

• Like 1

Actually, my superman monti did bounce back, but recently it has been getting like a white spot die off right in the middle(I think that the Kessil intensity was way too high), and I just removed some of my other SPS into my NC today to see what happens. My SPS seem to be doing much better in my NC now, but the irony is that it used to be the total opposite before! Go figure.

Yeah, it's weird how tanks can change over time. For some reason I fell behind on both your tank threads. Fingers crossed for the SPS :)

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Yeah, but lets forget about that! Can you list the things that you are adding to your tank please? It seems like you are doing things much better than me and I want to mirror your success. Are you dosing anything? feeding corals etc? It's so weird that my tank is doing so bad now coincidentally after changing to a better salt (from KM to RSPC), from an WP10 to an MP10, and from a PAR38 to a minitide! You would think better equipment = better tank, but it hasn't been the case for me so far! I have been doing the same amount of water changes and have the same amount of live stock, so imagine my frustration. Thanks again teeny.

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Thanks! I've got the TSB in the frag tank for quarantine. After reading so many horror stories I'm really paranoid about introducing disease in my tank, so I'm just letting him hang out there for a week or so. He seems to be eating well and doesn't show any signs of stress so I'll probably move him in this weekend.

Ah, forgot - yes the safest way to go for sure. I haven't adding anything in awhile- always worried a little after adding frags even after dipping. That top down of the caps is great- is the green cap shading bothering the grape yet?

• Like 2

Yeah, but lets forget about that! Can you list the things that you are adding to your tank please? It seems like you are doing things much better than me and I want to mirror your success. Are you dosing anything? feeding corals etc? It's so weird that my tank is doing so bad now coincidentally after changing to a better salt (from KM to RSPC), from an WP10 to an MP10, and from a PAR38 to a minitide! You would think better equipment = better tank, but it hasn't been the case for me so far! I have been doing the same amount of water changes and have the same amount of live stock, so imagine my frustration. Thanks again teeny.

Sure, I'll write it all up tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep tonight :)

Ah, forgot - yes the safest way to go for sure. I haven't adding anything in awhile- always worried a little after adding frags even after dipping. That top down of the caps is great- is the green cap shading bothering the grape yet?

The green cap isn't really shading the grape yet, but that's mostly because I accidentally broke off a big chunk of the green about two months ago, and it hasn't started to spread over the grape yet.

I'm probably going to break off some of the grape soon, as it's starting to crowd the side of the tank now. But I hate to mess it up now that it's starting to curl up.

• Like 3

Thanks, NanoClown! I hope your tank is doing well. Looking forward to some new pictures on your thread (hint, hint) :)

• Like 1

And finally, a top down shot of both monti caps. The idaho grape grew from a frag that I got from Gena, which I accidentally broke in half not long after I got it. It was about an inch across when I put it in this tank, and it's five or six inches wide now :wub:

:wub:
  • Like 5

Here's a cropped/zoomed version of the cell phone top down picture, focused on the green monti cap. It's hard to believe this is a cell phone picture :)

18511107395_4ed7f5c9d6_b.jpgGreen Monti Cap by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Wow! The color on that green cap is crazy! I love it.

A closer shot of the rock flower anenome:

17891083703_47874c857b_b.jpgRock Flower Anenome by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Your tanks are un-freaking-believable! The colors!

• Like 2

Wow! The color on that green cap is crazy! I love it.

Your tanks are un-freaking-believable! The colors!

Thanks, Gena, thanks Stella!

The top-down shot on the previous page got lost somehow, I think after editing it after uploading to flickr. Here it is again:

17888386154_9bb4102fd1_b.jpgIM10 Top Down by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 4

Thanks, NanoClown! I hope your tank is doing well. Looking forward to some new pictures on your thread (hint, hint) :)

I went through a mini crash a couple months ago and lost some sps frags. Other than that,everything else is doing great. Ill try to update my thread sometime this week.

• Like 1

I went through a mini crash a couple months ago and lost some sps frags. Other than that,everything else is doing great. Ill try to update my thread sometime this week.

Sorry about the mini crash, but I'm looking forward to the update!

So pretttttty!

Thanks, Kimberbee! I can't wait to see your mystery KPA shipment B)

your monticaps are stunning! reminds me of Gena's 45g, which is funny cuz you got the purple one for her too =P.

Thanks, Ninja :blush: Gena's tanks were some of my earliest favorites on NR. I felt like a celebrity when I scored one of her frags :D I'm still nowhere in her league. Her new tank is only like two weeks old an already looks better than most on NR :)

• Like 4

Thanks! I've got a big frag in the frag tank right now, but I haven't tried to sell it because it's turned a pale yellow due to lack of nutrients. Give me a couple weeks to see if it comes back with better feeding and lighting :)

• Like 2

Sorry about the mini crash, but I'm looking forward to the update!

Thanks, Kimberbee! I can't wait to see your mystery KPA shipment B)

Thanks, Ninja :blush: Gena's tanks were some of my earliest favorites on NR. I felt like a celebrity when I scored one of her frags :D I'm still nowhere in her league. Her new tank is only like two weeks old an already looks better than most on NR :)

:blush:

But I have a head start since most of my corals are already colonies. Thank you :flower:.

• Like 1