Pod Your Reef

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

I forgot to post that I put the new tail spot blenny in the tank on Saturday. Tonight I found his remains in the MP10 :tears:

This is the result of being impatient and not leaving him in the quarantine tank long enough to be sure he was eating well and adjusted properly. Poor little TSB, I feel really guilty :angry:

I hate leaving a downer post for the night. So here's a shot of the now really overcrowded frag tank. I think the evil favites and the idaho grape frags are pretty much ready to go :)

The rest are a mix of frags that are growing out and dead/dying frags I'm hoping to nurse back to health.

18561209066_b95f1ee3cd_b.jpgFrag Tank by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 6
FlowerMama

Oh no, so sorry about your tailspot. So many tailspots not making it the last 2 wks on so many threads. It's crazy. :(

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I went through a mini crash a couple months ago and lost some sps frags. Other than that,everything else is doing great. Ill try to update my thread sometime this week.

Same here. It sucks to see some of your SPS die, but it happens. :(

I forgot to post that I put the new tail spot blenny in the tank on Saturday. Tonight I found his remains in the MP10 :tears:

This is the result of being impatient and not leaving him in the quarantine tank long enough to be sure he was eating well and adjusted properly. Poor little TSB, I feel really guilty :angry:

Oh boy, sorry to hear that! I wanted one of those guys for my 28g. It sounds like they are not too hardy eh?

• Like 2

I hate leaving a downer post for the night. So here's a shot of the now really overcrowded frag tank. I think the evil favites and the idaho grape frags are pretty much ready to go :)

The rest are a mix of frags that are growing out and dead/dying frags I'm hoping to nurse back to health.

18561209066_b95f1ee3cd_b.jpgFrag Tank by TeenyReef, on Flickr

How did you frag the evil favites? Sorry about TSB :(.
  • Like 1

So you have the tunze 3155 or the 3152?

Edit: Nevermind. I see it's the 3155. I am probably going to go with the 3152. Just gotta find a way to make it snail proof :)

• Like 2

Thanks, everyone! I think the poor TSB might not have made it even in quarantine, but I didn't help his chances any by moving him so soon.

How did you frag the evil favites? Sorry about TSB :(.

Thanks, Gena. I popped the original frag off the rock with a flat head screwdriver, and then clipped off pieces with bone cutters. I feed them brine shrimp and they grow fast.

So you have the tunze 3155 or the 3152?

Edit: Nevermind. I see it's the 3155. I am probably going to go with the 3152. Just gotta find a way to make it snail proof :)

Yep, snails are really the only problem with that design. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

• Like 2

Thanks, Gena. I popped the original frag off the rock with a flat head screwdriver, and then clipped off pieces with bone cutters. I feed them brine shrimp and they grow fast.

That's easy enough :). I figured you'd have to use one of those power saws..this is great news! Thinking about my merlettis at some point.
  • Like 2

If you ever frag the green monti let me know ill take a frag.

Its stunning :scarry:

Me too me too!!

Aww sorry about the TSB - but don't feel guilty. I think you were spot on with your last post about thinking he wouldn't have made it anyway in the QT.

Love the photo of your frag tank!!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone. Two strikes now on TSB's. But they are so charming, I don't think I'll be able to resist trying again. I visited the LFS last weekend but they didn't have any. I'll probably try again this weekend.

Sorry about the TSB :( I broke mine in the MP10 also.

:wacko: So sorry to hear that, Kat.

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone. Two strikes now on TSB's. But they are so charming, I don't think I'll be able to resist trying again. I visited the LFS last weekend but they didn't have any. I'll probably try again this weekend.

:wacko: So sorry to hear that, Kat.

Mine is constantly pulling and scraping at the algae that infests my 29. I wonder if they need a constant source of food? That's my excuse for never fully cleaning it up. :)

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Mine is constantly pulling and scraping at the algae that infests my 29. I wonder if they need a constant source of food? That's my excuse for never fully cleaning it up. :)

Not really I fed mine once a day but he did eat a lot in one sitting lol

• Like 1

Not really I fed mine once a day but he did eat a lot in one sitting lol

Is your still alive? How long has it lived (or how long have you had it)?

Cencalfishguy56

Is your still alive? How long has it lived (or how long have you had it)?

Someone had it for 6 months then I took it and had it for 4 months then someone else took it off my hands haha

Still alive as far as I know

• Like 1
FlowerMama

I had mine for over a yr in my little 8g Evolve tank, they're not high maintenance, they love picking microscopic things and algae off the glass, that's what they do. I only fed mine once a week, then I put him in my 34g and the clowns scared him, he stayed in his hole, didn't come out and perished quietly.

• Like 1

Someone had it for 6 months then I took it and had it for 4 months then someone else took it off my hands haha

Still alive as far as I know

Good to know somebody got one to live :)

I had mine for over a yr in my little 8g Evolve tank, they're not high maintenance, they love picking microscopic things and algae off the glass, that's what they do. I only fed mine once a week, then I put him in my 34g and the clowns scared him, he stayed in his hole, didn't come out and perished quietly.

I think they seem to have distinct personalities. My first one had no problems getting adjusted. He quickly found a hole in the rock to live in, and wasn't shy about coming out even with the two clowns hanging around. He seemed perfectly healthy, ate well, and then one day I found the crab eating him :(

That's good to know. I might try some algae tablets for the next one just in case that helps.

I took a couple growth pictures tonight after feeding time. I really love the new purple fuzz (I think that's what it is) that I got at the lfs. It's growing nicely and has beautiful color.

19239202589_57c8423fc9_b.jpgPurple Fuzz by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And in the last five or six weeks, the blue tort has really started to take off. I'm very excited about this because I think it's a good sign regarding the overall health and stability of the tank fingerscrossed

19419122462_285888bd13_b.jpgBlue Tort by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Just to compare, here's the picture I took about six weeks ago:

17711354745_4636856c32_b.jpgBlue Tort by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 8

Love the purple fuzz. I harmed mine way back in November of last year and it's never fully recovered. Longest lived zombie. :(

• Like 2

I think I mentioned that I won a free AI Hydra 26 in a contest over on Aquaticlog. I got it in the mail about three weeks ago, along with the four foot long mounting rack.

Their mounting system is interesting - very nice looking, fairly flexible in terms of moving things back and forth, as long as you get the right extension bar size. But your choices for attaching the extension bar are limited to either a hanging kit or a four foot tall mounting rail that get mounted to the wall or the tank stand. And the rail can only mount at the top of the four foot bar.

So I basically couldn't use the mounting system at all on my frag tank, which sits on a low table about two feet off the ground :(

I debated just selling it outright, but I really wanted to try it out on the frag tank, so eventually I did a home-made mounting bracket out of some scraps of wood. I expect I'll eventually sell the light, so I didn't put too much effort into the bracket. I do wish I'd made some kind of channel to hide the power cord, though...

19425187176_ea171be5d1_b.jpgAI Hydra 26 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 5