Innovative Marine Aquariums

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

Everything in the last post makes me happy

You must have been drinking last night.

Oh wait, it was last night, so you definitely were drinking :lol:

Beautiful tank.

Thank you!

Why does it have to be a Doug? Puff Daddy!

:lol: That's pretty good too!

Douggie Deuce

Rhymes with "doggie doo", I love it :lol:

• Like 1

Earlier this week my MP10 went out. After swapping components with the MP10 on the 40g tank, it turned out the controller board was bad. So I borrowed the board from the 40g tank (since there's an MP40 in that tank too) to keep things going in this tank.

I got the replacement board in yesterday and put it in the MP10 on the 40g tank, so everything was good.

Today, after the power came back on, the MP10 on this tank is out again. :rant:

Once is bad luck, twice in one week means there's something else going on. Maybe the power supply is bad and it's blowing out the board somehow? Time to get busy troubleshooting. The board from the 40g tank was only a couple months old so hopefully I can get it replaced under warranty.

• Like 1

Earlier this week my MP10 went out. After swapping components with the MP10 on the 40g tank, it turned out the controller board was bad. So I borrowed the board from the 40g tank (since there's an MP40 in that tank too) to keep things going in this tank.

I got the replacement board in yesterday and put it in the MP10 on the 40g tank, so everything was good.

Today, after the power came back on, the MP10 on this tank is out again. :rant:

Once is bad luck, twice in one week means there's something else going on. Maybe the power supply is bad and it's blowing out the board somehow? Time to get busy troubleshooting. The board from the 40g tank was only a couple months old so hopefully I can get it replaced under warranty.

Sorry to hear about this. Can't believe you are getting hit up so bad:( I'm sure you'll get it sorted~

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about this. Can't believe you are getting hit up so bad:( I'm sure you'll get it sorted~

Thanks! After thinking it over, I realize the only way to be sure the next board wouldn't fry would be to buy a new power supply and a new dry side. And even then, who knows?

So I just ordered a new one from BRS. I hate spending the money but I could easily spend just as much on parts and still not be confident that it's fixed. So I'll just keep or sell the old one for spare parts.

• Like 1

Doug++ is old school, Doug# :D

This tank is drop dead gorgeous, and some of it has to be due to so many nitrates flowing through the system (not to minimize your skill with nanos, of course). I need to add more fish to my 40 that the basslet will tolerate.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about Doug I. The colors on Doug II are INSANE!

Just when I am ready to ditch my jebaos, and get an MP10, I read about your issues. Uuggh!

no issues with my jebaos, just want to give an MP10 a try.

Tank looks INCREDIBLE

• Like 1

OMG THAT BABYYYYY!!!!

I love this face :wub:

30250467735_886f504f43_b.jpgDoug 2 - Leopard Toby Puffer by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And a couple more just because :)

30135171032_fbb85fdd17_b.jpgDoug 2 - Leopard Toby Puffer by TeenyReef, on Flickr

30250472325_37e9642b04_b.jpgDoug 2 - Leopard Toby Puffer by TeenyReef, on Flickr

OOOooohhh So Pretty! B):wub:

Thanks, I hope he stays that way :scarry:

Doug++ is old school, Doug# :D

This tank is drop dead gorgeous, and some of it has to be due to so many nitrates flowing through the system (not to minimize your skill with nanos, of course). I need to add more fish to my 40 that the basslet will tolerate.

Thanks, Mark! I agree, fish poop is the best coral food there is. I've been following your mantra, feed heavily, export heavily. And better living through chemistry with NoPox and PhosphateRx.

Doug# :lol: shows how old I am that I didn't think of that first.

Sorry to hear about Doug I. The colors on Doug II are INSANE!

Just when I am ready to ditch my jebaos, and get an MP10, I read about your issues. Uuggh!

no issues with my jebaos, just want to give an MP10 a try.

Tank looks INCREDIBLE

Thanks! I wouldn't hesitate to try an MP10. This is the only time I've ever had problems with one, and the quiet drive board that failed is connected to an MP-10 that I got used. I had to replace the wet side base because it was messed up, so I think there may be a basic problem with the unit that's causing the new boards to fail.

show off :lol:

:lol: I'm tempted to turn the lights down low and let everything else die just to keep this baby colored up.

• Like 12

I love this face :wub:30250467735_886f504f43_b.jpgDoug 2 - Leopard Toby Puffer by TeenyReef, on Flickr And a couple more just because :)30135171032_fbb85fdd17_b.jpgDoug 2 - Leopard Toby Puffer by TeenyReef, on Flickr 30250472325_37e9642b04_b.jpgDoug 2 - Leopard Toby Puffer by TeenyReef, on FlickrThanks, I hope he stays that way :scarry:Thanks, Mark! I agree, fish poop is the best coral food there is. I've been following your mantra, feed heavily, export heavily. And better living through chemistry with NoPox and PhosphateRx. Doug# :lol: shows how old I am that I didn't think of that first.Thanks! I wouldn't hesitate to try an MP10. This is the only time I've ever had problems with one, and the quiet drive board that failed is connected to an MP-10 that I got used. I had to replace the wet side base because it was messed up, so I think there may be a basic problem with the unit that's causing the new boards to fail. :lol: I'm tempted to turn the lights down low and let everything else die just to keep this baby colored up.

He is adorable! I love that face too. I don't get Doug # as opposed to Doug ++?

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

Love the new puffer Teeny! Man those fish are beautiful! I see your assessor is getting out & about too! Mine is out all day long now, even when I come up to the tank. Clown chases him a little & I added an Orchid Dotty that's in & out of the rock at the moment, but getting less shy.

• Like 1

He is adorable! I love that face too. I don't get Doug # as opposed to Doug ++?

Computer geek humor :rolleyes:

Love the new puffer Teeny! Man those fish are beautiful! I see your assessor is getting out & about too! Mine is out all day long now, even when I come up to the tank. Clown chases him a little & I added an Orchid Dotty that's in & out of the rock at the moment, but getting less shy.

Yes, I'm really loving the assessor. Although I sometimes with I'd gotten a yellow one instead of the golden. The colors on the golden are beautiful when you look close up, but from more than six inches away it's more like a dull yellow. I think the yellow one would pop a little more even though the color is more "plain".

I'm glad yours is doing well!

Oh Doug II...you are divine :wub:.

He is a cutie :)

I need to take some video of him swimming around...

• Like 1

Puffers are super adorable. I introduced my girlfriend to them last time we were at the LFS. They had 3 baby box puffers, no larger than your finger nail. She couldn't believe how small they were! I just had to remind her that fish start off as babies too haha.

• Like 1

Puffers are super adorable. I introduced my girlfriend to them last time we were at the LFS. They had 3 baby box puffers, no larger than your finger nail. She couldn't believe how small they were! I just had to remind her that fish start off as babies too haha.

That's right! The toby puffers stay pretty small, though. The leopard toby gets about 3" max and that's under ideal circumstances. so I don't expect Doug 2 to get much more than about 2" long. He's about 1 1/2" now.

• Like 2