Cultivated Reef

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

The tank looks as beautiful as always teeny. Oswald your new fish is very cool. An excellant choice.

Thanks, Dawn. He's been a great fish so far. He stays out all the time as long as I don't make any sudden moves :)

Love this tank. Looks great dude!

Thanks! I need to catch up on your tank threads :blush: hope everything is going well.

• Like 1

Right?! Well, I'd be OK with trimming them back often if they look like yours. Thanks for the ideas, I'm still thinking about a plating monti centerpiece...

Good luck - I'll be watching to see how it goes!

I just got an email last night from liveaquaria.com that they have leopard toby puffers in stock! I was hoping to get one from Diver's Den but I've also had good luck with the regular stuff. So, I ordered one. Doug the Second is on his way here! omgomgomg

• Like 7

I just got an email last night from liveaquaria.com that they have leopard toby puffers in stock! I was hoping to get one from Diver's Den but I've also had good luck with the regular stuff. So, I ordered one. Doug the Second is on his way here! omgomgomg

AWESOMENESS! :):wub:

• Like 3

Really enjoy that golden assessor. I need to get some fish in my tank but paying for shipping isnt really that awesome and Im not about to go to PetCo. Loving this tank still and hope all is well for you!

• Like 1

Oh, he'll ya!!

Name him Bimmer.

• Like 1

Hey Teeny,

I meant to ask - what's the most number of fish you kept in the 10gal and still kept up with nitrates? I have 2 right now and considering a 3rd. Let me know, thanks!

• Like 1

Hey Teeny,

I meant to ask - what's the most number of fish you kept in the 10gal and still kept up with nitrates? I have 2 right now and considering a 3rd. Let me know, thanks!

It all depends on what kind of fish and how big they are (and will get). Right now I have five fish, but the green banded gobies are tiny, and the pink streaked wrasse and golden assessor are pretty small too (both are under two inches). And the puffer is maybe two inches right now.

Plus they all are easy to feed and are good at eating up all the leftovers in the rocks and sand.

Having said all that, I never really got nitrates under control until I used NoPox, no matter how many fish I had :)

• Like 1

What setting do you keep our mp10 at? i got a new quite drive mp10 and have a fusion 10 coming in tomorrow. was just curious as to what others keep their setting at in such a small tank.

What setting do you keep our mp10 at? i got a new quite drive mp10 and have a fusion 10 coming in tomorrow. was just curious as to what others keep their setting at in such a small tank.

I mostly run reef crest, lagoon, and nutrient transport mode, at 30 to 40 percent. But when the tank was mostly empty I ran at 20 or 25 percent to avoid moving sand around. Good luck!

AAAAAAAAaaaaw. Douggie is a cutie! Love the 2 different blues contrasting w/ his yellow.

I agree, he's really pretty when you see him up close!

Beautiful additions!

Thanks!

Doug II is a handsome fella!

Thanks Jack. I decided not to call him Bimmer :)
  • Like 1

I mostly run reef crest, lagoon, and nutrient transport mode, at 30 to 40 percent. But when the tank was mostly empty I ran at 20 or 25 percent to avoid moving sand around. Good luck!

I agree, he's really pretty when you see him up close!

Thanks!

Thanks Jack. I decided not to call him Bimmer :)

I don't blame you......Doug is perfect.

:^ )

• Like 1

I'm interested to see how this one does, I'm tempted to put one in my Nano

They should do well in your Nano. Doug I was doing great until he jumped out.

Beautiful fish. I though puffers were not reef safe.

The Toby puffers are generally and mostly reef safe. But they love to eat crustaceans, so no shrimp or crabs will last long. And the snails will have to be replenished more often.
  • Like 2

Doug Dos!

Or Doug2!

I'm right there with you, I've been thinking of all kinds of different names :)

Doug the Second

Doug II

Doug 2

Doug Too

Doug++

Doug->Doug

Doug Deux

I could probably go on all day :rolleyes:

Btw, he's doing great today. Yesterday he poked around for a minute and then found the little hiding spot in the back of the rocks that Original Doug like. He hid back there the rest of the night.

Today he's been out and about poking into all the rocks. I just need to confirm he's eating now.

• Like 1

I'm right there with you, I've been thinking of all kinds of different names :)

Doug the Second

Doug II

Doug 2

Doug Too

Doug++

Doug->Doug

Doug Deux

I could probably go on all day :rolleyes:

Btw, he's doing great today. Yesterday he poked around for a minute and then found the little hiding spot in the back of the rocks that Original Doug like. He hid back there the rest of the night.

Today he's been out and about poking into all the rocks. I just need to confirm he's eating now.

I like the name Doug the Second ;) My other choice I like is Doug Deux

• Like 1