Top Shelf Aquatics

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

Love the Yellow Assessor! I want one, but of course need another tank...

Tank looks great!

Thanks! He just showed up and looks beautiful :)

The new Golden Assessor is here and arrived in good shape.

Unfortunately, while the top was off so I could float the specimen box, the leopard toby puffer jumped out, and I didn't find him until he'd been out for about fifteen or twenty minutes :(

I put him in the specimen box with the assessor but he's just floating with no sign of life :tears:

Oh no. :(

I ran a planted tank with no top and was fine. But freshwater fish are much cheaper. I'm scared to run my reef tank without one. I just love the clean look without it.

• Like 1

Oh no. :(

I ran a planted tank with no top and was fine. But freshwater fish are much cheaper. I'm scared to run my reef tank without one. I just love the clean look without it.

I keep a top on mine. I had just removed it for a little while because I'd put the specimen box in the tank. Unfortunately I was too lazy to put the top back on after I put the box in, and the puffer decided to jump right then and there :(

Oh no Teeny I am so sorry. My heart dropped when I read your updated post :(:(:(

aww. Sorry teeny :(

Thanks everyone. The puffer was a great fish in this tank. I've already decided to keep an eye on Divers Den in case they get another one in.

In the meantime, I finished acclimating the golden assessor and released him into the tank. He promptly disappeared and I haven't seen him since, but that's not too surprising. Hopefully he'll come back out soon.

My Lubbock's wrasse did the same thing. Dumb fish. Sorry about the Toby. Going to try again?

Yeah, fish just aren't that smart. And they seem to get even dumber when the lid is off.

I think I'll try another one - Doug was a great fish :)

• Like 3

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........................

He didn't make it? That's sad - what a cool looking fish. RIP Dougster.

When my Bruce Jenner jumped, she was all dried up on the outside after being behind the tank for a while - I have not idea how long, but she was dry and stiff to the touch. When I picked it up, there was a slight twitch. So still wrapped in a dust bunny, I threw her back into the tank and she sank like a rock. When I tried to use a pipette to suck the dust off her, she twitched again and started moving her gills. 20 minutes later would start trying to swim blindly into rocks, begin twitching in that clownfish way, and then sink back to the bottom. One pectoral fin was really dried and crispy, so she only swam in circles for the rest of the evening, but remarkably recovered completely after a couple days.

Sorry Doug didn't make it. :(

• Like 1

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........................

He didn't make it? That's sad - what a cool looking fish. RIP Dougster.

When my Bruce Jenner jumped, she was all dried up on the outside after being behind the tank for a while - I have not idea how long, but she was dry and stiff to the touch. When I picked it up, there was a slight twitch. So still wrapped in a dust bunny, I threw her back into the tank and she sank like a rock. When I tried to use a pipette to suck the dust off her, she twitched again and started moving her gills. 20 minutes later would start trying to swim blindly into rocks, begin twitching in that clownfish way, and then sink back to the bottom. One pectoral fin was really dried and crispy, so she only swam in circles for the rest of the evening, but remarkably recovered completely after a couple days.

Sorry Doug didn't make it. :(

No, he didn't make it. I was a little suprised because he wasn't dried out, but after two hours back in the water there was no sign of life, even when I tried moving him around :(

• Like 1

Maybe it was impact damage instead of drying out? :(

Could be, he was a fat little fish. Although he fell on a towel right in front of the tank so it should have been a soft landing :)

oh no, not the puffer! sorry it jumped =(.

Thanks, Ninja.

Doug.

:^ (

Ha ha, thanks Jack :)
Marc.The.Shark

Sorry about the puffer! I see you got the assessor tho. Don't expect to see it for a while. Mine was almost 2 weeks. Although after about a week I would see him before lights came on cruising around. Starting to get a little more bold now in week 3-4, still kinda hanging around cave but ventures out a little with lights on. Baby steps!

• Like 1

Damn, sorry about the puffer. :(

Thanks, Mark.

Sorry about the puffer! I see you got the assessor tho. Don't expect to see it for a while. Mine was almost 2 weeks. Although after about a week I would see him before lights came on cruising around. Starting to get a little more bold now in week 3-4, still kinda hanging around cave but ventures out a little with lights on. Baby steps!

Thanks! It really helps to hear from someone's else's real experience. I was just sitting at the tank craning my eyes all around the back, wondering if I should be worried that I haven't seen him yet :)

Fitzgerald, the pink streaked wrasse, was the same way. I hardly saw him at all the first month, and I wondered several times if he was dead. Now he's out all the time.

• Like 2

That's real time! No, this is the first time I've seen them do it. Since the tank is on my desk, I'm hoping to catch them at it if they start up again.

This makes me want to replace the female that I haven't seen in over 4 weeks. I loved watching them do the little dances!

Thanks! He just showed up and looks beautiful :)

The new Golden Assessor is here and arrived in good shape.

Unfortunately, while the top was off so I could float the specimen box, the leopard toby puffer jumped out, and I didn't find him until he'd been out for about fifteen or twenty minutes :(

I put him in the specimen box with the assessor but he's just floating with no sign of life :tears:

Oh NO! Doug! :tears:

• Like 1

This makes me want to replace the female that I haven't seen in over 4 weeks. I loved watching them do the little dances!

Oh NO! Doug! :tears:

Oh no! Not Doug!! I'm so sorry :(

On a happier note, I loved your gbg video.

Thanks! It's good to know he was such a widely loved fish.

I've already signed up for notification at liveaquaria.com :)

• Like 3