inTank Media Baskets

Chris' CAD Lights 45g Shallow : Another Re-Scape (Video)

cnseekatz

Just moving these over :)

Went to the LFS for some water additives... and came home with this little dude! He's not particularly handsome, but he's kind of a goober, and fun to watch.

20170123_124811_zpsspkgombr.jpg

20170123_124949_zpswnoobmzv.jpg

Frenchies <3 Reefs

20170123_125209_zps5rihga9w.jpg

• Like 3

Went to the LFS for some water additives... and came home with this little dude! He's not particularly handsome, but he's kind of a goober, and fun to watch.

20170123_124811_zpsspkgombr.jpg

20170123_124949_zpswnoobmzv.jpg

Frenchies <3 Reefs

20170123_125209_zps5rihga9w.jpg

:lol: yessssssssss!!!!!

So my Vibrant treatment seems to be working! My sand bed is (mostly) free of dinoflagellates, and the brown sludge is mostly gone! I have had a major outbreak of bryopsis though, and that's not much better than the dinos. I've been following a thread on R2R about an (seemingly) miracle cure for bryopsis. It's an anti-fungal medication called Fluconazole. Seeing the success of the reefers on that thread, I medicated my tank today. I'll post photos soon of the starting point, and daily progress shots.

• Like 3

So my Vibrant treatment seems to be working! My sand bed is (mostly) free of dinoflagellates, and the brown sludge is mostly gone! I have had a major outbreak of bryopsis though, and that's not much better than the dinos. I've been following a thread on R2R about an (seemingly) miracle cure for bryopsis. It's an anti-fungal medication called Fluconazole. Seeing the success of the reefers on that thread, I medicated my tank today. I'll post photos soon of the starting point, and daily progress shots.

so you didn't have bryopsis before Vibrant treatment???

I had a little teeny patch.... now it's everywhere.

ouch, but isn't vibrant suppose to care of that too???

oh by the way, I got the new Maxspect Gyre XF230 controller, hooked it up to my XF130, run it on the same speed as my old controller, and the pump is twice as loud as before. I dont even know how that is possible but gonna send an email to Maxspect soon.

ouch, but isn't vibrant suppose to care of that too???

oh by the way, I got the new Maxspect Gyre XF230 controller, hooked it up to my XF130, run it on the same speed as my old controller, and the pump is twice as loud as before. I dont even know how that is possible but gonna send an email to Maxspect soon.

I think it's probably a pretty reasonable explanation. As algae dies off, it adds crap into the water column, which then feeds other (stronger) nuisance algae. Allegedly, the Vibrant will "eventually" kill the bryopsis, but I keep reading more and more about people experiencing super bacterial blooms the longer they use Vibrant. I dosed Fluco yesterday, and am hoping it'll wipe out the bryo as quickly as other people seem to be experiencing.

Here are some BEFORE photos of my bryopsis.

20170127_184239_zpsk34hksjr.jpg

20170127_184224_zpsq9hsatwg.jpg

20170127_184207_zps0m3s6ys4.jpg

20170127_184136_zpspopkl8pe.jpg

• Like 1

That's awesome to read about a possible cure for bryopsis. I hope it works!!!! I love your new fish :).

Here's my Day 3 update for my Fluconazole treatment. Seems to be doing the trick.

I dosed 1000mg (5 tablets) for my 45 gallon display (with 30 gallon sump). I'm still dosing Vibrant. No adverse effects noticed with fish, inverts, crustaceans, SPS, LPS, softies, zoos, BTAs, clams, or anything else.

I'm convinced that this stuff is the Bryopsis Silver Bullet we've been waiting for.

Treatment1_zps5da8yk7l.jpg

Treatment4_zpsisjl5hjb.jpg

Treatment5_zpsaywiyazb.jpg

Treatment3_zpspkkpg5yr.jpg

Treatment2_zpse7o3zkjf.jpg

• Like 6

Holy crap, that's incredible! Hopefully it goes away and stays away.

The going away part doesn't seem to be a question at this point... it's the staying away part that we'll have to wait and see about.

I'm always very skeptical of miracle cures, but I'm hopeful for this stuff. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

Just plugged in my new Gyre. I cannot believe how much crap (detritus & random debris) this thing is kicking up. My tank is so cloudy right now, with the Gyre pulsing at 20%.

I had two MP10s maxing out around 80%, and couldn't generate nearly this much flow. Impressive. The MP10s are certainly more discrete, but this thing is a beast. The controller is a bit confusing, and I'm going to need to watch some videos to figure it out. Then I'll need to try and dial in the program and placement, but I'm very encouraged!

• Like 3

Pics! ;)

Gotta wait until the storm dies down and the water clears up a bit! :)

100 or 200 series?

xf230

do you hear noise at 50%???

Haha... 50%! That would rip the flesh off my corals.

I'm playing with programs. Right now, I've got it running 2 seconds at 30% then 2 seconds at 0%. It's not really what I was trying to accomplish, but the corals seem happy.... lot's of PE.

I don't hear any noise unless I get right next to it, and even then, it's quieter than my Vortechs.

Kuiter's Leopard Wrasse (Macropharyngodon Kuiteri) just became available on Live Aquaria. I've been waiting to find one of these beautiful fish, so I ordered one. She should arrive tomorrow.

Think happy thoughts for me and my new girl!

p-37172-Kuiter-wrasse.jpg

• Like 7

Haha... 50%! That would rip the flesh off my corals.

I'm playing with programs. Right now, I've got it running 2 seconds at 30% then 2 seconds at 0%. It's not really what I was trying to accomplish, but the corals seem happy.... lot's of PE.

I don't hear any noise unless I get right next to it, and even then, it's quieter than my Vortechs.

I end up returning the XF230 controller. Maybe they are not meant to be backward compatible with the XF130. I did really like the new Random mode where you set the max and it just randomly changes the flow every 2-3 seconds. Guess I will stick with my 50% constant mode forever now.

Kuiter's Leopard Wrasse (Macropharyngodon Kuiteri) just became available on Live Aquaria. I've been waiting to find one of these beautiful fish, so I ordered one. She should arrive tomorrow.

Think happy thoughts for me and my new girl!

p-37172-Kuiter-wrasse.jpg

That's a nice looking wrasse! I am still on the lookout for a female bluestar leopard wrasse.