Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

There is a 1/4 inch difference in the waterline between the sides of the tank. I have shims on the lower side and as you can see the bubble says is level. Clearly the water says otherwise. My floor is uneven, maybe the level tool is busted. Short of making a trip to Home depot for another one....

Is the thing your using in the tank on the silicone??

If the top of your tank is level and the waterline is that far off (and your not on the silicone or something).... I would request a refund, their tank is build out of level.

Is the stand level??

My tank has around 1cm difference in water level from left to right. You know why I don't do anything about it? Because #homeinsurance
Do you know that your agent has to know about a aquarium over 10 gallons? Anything over 10 gallons isn't covered without a rider policy ;).
  • Like 2
There is a 1/4 inch difference in the waterline between the sides of the tank. I have shims on the lower side and as you can see the bubble says is level. Clearly the water says otherwise. My floor is uneven, maybe the level tool is busted. Short of making a trip to Home depot for another one....
Put the level on the floor and check it. Then check the stand.
it's not. 20141122_173401.jpg20141122_173310.jpgJust downloaded the bubble level app.
That app sucks! I get different results between 2 phones.

OH! Good to know, I'll be sure to look into that.
Yes make that call especially since someone lives under you.
  • Like 2

Set your level in the center of the tank and take a pic of it :) Like FTS style.

So if I remove the shims, the water will be level. It is higher on the shim side. Should I do it?

It might level the water level but then the tank will be out of level.... Whats cads waranty policy on having the tank unlevel? lol

Here's the RSM water level when it was in the same spot.

20140610_131917edit.jpg

EugeneFTS1.jpg

Set your level in the center of the tank and take a pic of it :) Like FTS style.

The level is 24 inches long, won't sit on the side rims to get a FTS

Tank is 36

It might level the water level but then the tank will be out of level.... Whats cads waranty policy on having the tank unlevel? lol

Well, it seems like you're suggesting the bottom glass is not flat. I've held the tank from the bottom, there are no edges sticking out. And glass can't be sloping like the shim.

I don't know how to explain this level thing. Maybe I should send the pictures to CAD and ask them what they think.

• Like 1

Here's the RSM water level when it was in the same spot.

20140610_131917edit.jpg

EugeneFTS1.jpg

Was the RSM 100% level, cuz if it was that was built out of square as well. If it wasn't there is the answer to why the water level was off....

The level is 24 inches long, won't sit on the side rims to get a FTS

Tank is 36

I thought you had the level sitting inside the tank before.... thats what I am talking about. Put the level on the bottom pane of glass in the middle of the tank and take a FTS with it.

Theres your answer... tank is built out of square.... not level.

Everything is level, bottom of tank is not.... I am not surprised by what that last pic shows as it is exactly what I expected to see, unfortunately.

The RSM not being level explains the water level not being level. There is no excuse for the CAD tank if everything else is level (which it is and should be).

Theres your answer... tank is built out of square.... not level.

Everything is level, bottom of tank is not.... I am not surprised by what that last pic shows as it is exactly what I expected to see, unfortunately.

The RSM not being level explains the water level not being level. There is no excuse for the CAD tank if everything else is level (which it is and should be).

So I should install the gyre so that the water level isn't noticeable. :lol:

I'll submit these pictures to CAD, thanks Chris.

So I should install the gyre so that the water level isn't noticeable. :lol:

I'll submit these pictures to CAD, thanks Chris.

Make sure you show them EVERYTHING else is level as well as the shot of the bottom not being level. Wish I coulda helped with something more fun tho, sorry Kat :(

Floor is uneven as I mentioned. Even my RSM has the water level crooked.

20141122_174540.jpg

I've got shims to level the cabinet

20141122_174607.jpg

And cabinet is level

20141122_174600.jpg

Sump is level

20141122_174718.jpg

Tank is level

20141122_164908.jpg

F*CKING ALIENS!!

Just curious how about front to back tank stand and sump level?
  • Like 1

Make sure you show them EVERYTHING else is level as well as the shot of the bottom not being level. Wish I coulda helped with something more fun tho, sorry Kat :(

No worries. Do you think having that rubber cushion that I have under the sump will help?

20141116_111224.jpg

The back slopes slightly to the back right of the tank. I have a shim there too.

I was just thinking this myself... although it wouldn't really impact side to side if everything else side to side is level...

No worries. Do you think having that rubber cushion that I have under the sump will help?

20141116_111224.jpg

No that won't suck up 1/4" difference. At this point as long as everything is level front to back and side to side I wouldn't do anything until after you talk to CAD....

The back slopes slightly to the back right of the tank. I have a shim there too.

Is it level tho after the shim addition?

I was just thinking this myself... although it wouldn't really impact side to side if everything else side to side is level... No that won't suck up 1/4" difference. At this point as long as everything is level front to back and side to side I wouldn't do anything until after you talk to CAD.... Is it level tho after the shim addition?
Correct I am just trying to rule out a high corner from a shim on the stand. But if the stand is level front to back side to side her tank was built unlevel :wacko: only way I think it could of happened is the bottom pane is not flush with the sides. The left side of the bottom pane would have to be up not resting on the bottom pane 1/8. The bubble is to the right which means that side is flush to the stand. Only way to get that bubble level is drop the left side so that means the left side pane needs to go down. Am I making sense?

Kat did you feel a lip on the left side bottom of the tank? If you ran your hand under the left side outward you would feel the left side pane down further than the bottom pane.

• Like 1

Correct I am just trying to rule out a high corner from a shim on the stand. But if the stand is level front to back side to side her tank was built unlevel :wacko: only way I think it could of happened is the bottom pane is not flush with the sides. The left side of the bottom pane would have to be up not resting on the bottom pane 1/8. The bubble is to the right which means that side is flush to the stand. Only way to get that bubble level is drop the left side so that means the left side pane needs to go down. Am I making sense?

You make perfect sense. The high corner theory from anything to do with the stand is shot to hell tho once everything else measures level, even just side to side, as that unlevelness would be transfered from its initial point of becoming unlevel.... provided everything else was built level and not built to correct the unlevelness which would be an even bigger :wacko: lol

Kat did you feel a lip on the left side bottom of the tank? If you ran your hand under the left side outward you would feel the left side pane down further than the bottom pane.

• Like 1

You make perfect sense. The high corner theory from anything to do with the stand is shot to hell tho once everything else measures level, even just side to side, as that unlevelness would be transfered from its initial point of becoming unlevel.... provided everything else was built level and not built to correct the unlevelness which would be an even bigger :wacko: lol

So you agree the only way the bottom of the tank could be unlevel is if the bottom pane is raised on the left side per her level? Or am I ####ing nuts?
  • Like 1