Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Katropora Owners Thread

metrokat

Jesus christ take it to your own thread you two

Roger's just staking his claim :)

Sprite, what kind of PAR is it getting. It looks like it's partially shaded to me, which explains the maroon - it's actually brown.

Quick crappy cell pic.. It looks more brown in the pic but it's really maroon colored

IMG_20151218_155246_1642_zpsshu2sztr.jpg

Mine browned out when I had a jump in phosphates when I transferred to my new tank. So that could be what is causing your piece to brown out. Not sure though. I have limited experience with acros! It is now starting to color back up, but VERY SLOWLY.

23526212769_90b93d128a_b.jpgLat Frag 12/21 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

such a beautiful frag that can't leave the tank.

Taking myself off the distributor list. sorry N-R :(

Oh no, what a shame :(

You can't just dip it a few times before shipping and have the recieved dip again?

Probably too harsh on the coral, good luck with getting rid of those nasty pests TKR

Oh no, what a shame :(

You can't just dip it a few times before shipping and have the recieved dip again?

Probably too harsh on the coral, good luck with getting rid of those nasty pests TKR

The people I was going to give it to, backed out. I'm 100% okay with that. I'd never forgive myself if I contributed to a pest infestation.

That is a gorgeous frag :(

I took the colony out, no signs of bite marks or worms. I'm still not gonna risk giving this away. :(

The people I was going to give it to, backed out. I'm 100% okay with that. I'd never forgive myself if I contributed to a pest infestation.

Yeah I can see that.

The last time I bought from ReefGardener she said that she "swapped my frag" for another since the original one had flatworms.... Scary. Double dipped, scrubbed, and crossed my fingers.

Although with a dip and remounting a frag it's pretty hard for pests to get in in my opinion.

Yeah I can see that.

The last time I bought from ReefGardener she said that she "swapped my frag" for another since the original one had flatworms.... Scary. Double dipped, scrubbed, and crossed my fingers.

Although with a dip and remounting a frag it's pretty hard for pests to get in in my opinion.

I dipped everything that came into this tank. Pest are inevitable over a long enough time frame. This is the first time i've dealt with AEFW after 4 years in the hobby.

• Like 1

I dipped everything that came into this tank. Pest are inevitable over a long enough time frame. This is the first time i've dealt with AEFW after 4 years in the hobby.

That's true, every time one adds a coral there is a risk- and probability says that eventually some will get in.

I hope the wrasse helps

That's true, every time one adds a coral there is a risk- and probability says that eventually some will get in.

I hope the wrasse helps

Me too man, me too.... :/ luckily my parents were 100% okay with dipping everything and picking up a new fish.

Dont be down roger, some of the nicest tanks out there have pests. Just need to find a way to take them out over time or manage the population.

Thanks man. I think I'm off to a good start. Dipping what I can and getting a predator for what I can't. My parents now know what to look for so they can pay attention down the road.

Thanks man. I think I'm off to a good start. Dipping what I can and getting a predator for what I can't. My parents now know what to look for so they can pay attention down the road.

You my man have some awesome parents!!

• Like 1

Roger's just staking his claim :)

Mine browned out when I had a jump in phosphates when I transferred to my new tank. So that could be what is causing your piece to brown out. Not sure though. I have limited experience with acros! It is now starting to color back up, but VERY SLOWLY.

I wish it was phosphate... I have dose po4 and nitrate to just keep it readable on a Hannah and salifert test kit