SaltCritters.com

Katropora Owners Thread

metrokat

Still not convinced that flame limited PE.

I even had frags in the sump and got 0 PE with AA.

only at night can I get PE.

I get zero pe at night but have it in daytime.. Go figure

Hey Kat, where am I on the list now? I've been able to stabilize things since my move so I'm ready to join the Katropora club.

That's great news! I'll put you back in the list, but it will be a while before we get to you :(

I get PE night and day and it's bugged by some small black pests. I believe they are miniature color unicorns since my Kat is the most colorful coral in the tank.

• Like 2

That's great news! I'll put you back in the list, but it will be a while before we get to you :(

That is fine with me. I'm happy to be back on the list and in no rush. All my corals are under 6500K lights right now so no fancy colors except out of the setosa and the garf bonsai. They are still good to look at. But man does 6500K light make coral grow. Also makes algae grow.

• Like 1

10 days worth of growth.. not too shabby. 3 months ago this was just an encrusted plug, no vertical growth, with a bare spot in the center where i busted off the original frag to mount in a different spot in the tank.

22816429185_1946ec2753_c.jpg

22398099077_c2ef107508_c.jpg

• Like 2

It seems like the Katropora is still getting acclimated to LEDs. Over two weeks it started to browned out, but had great PE. Now its gaining color from the base-up.

All my acropora tend to do that. I buy them colorful (usually under T5s), they brown out, and then over a month or two get their color and growth back.

• Like 1

Sounds about right for light acclimation to lower PAR. If yours was a higher PAR than where the corals came from you would see bleaching.

Luckily no bleaching. I think now the par is close to what it had in your tank- my slow light acclimation probably caused the browning

Sounds about right for light acclimation to lower PAR. If yours was a higher PAR than where the corals came from you would see bleaching.

Sounds about right for Coral Rx too lol

• Like 1