SaltCritters.com

Katropora Owners Thread

metrokat

I miss not having a nicely colored katropora, still about a month out. Here's the colors I've been able to obtain so far.

LED (Maxspect Razor), 5 nitrates

T5 goodness, 20 nitrates, just crazy color.

T5, 5 nitrates, I would say normal color.

Love it.

Seriously. What number am I?

Why you no answer? :(

Just looked, #15. Not too bad but will still take a while. I'm hoping maybe Harry can step in and take care of you.

Haha it'll be a while until I am ready to frag, couple years? I don't think I am NEARLY the stage where I could offer frags haha, but when I am there I promise I will share :)

I'll keep you updated for sure though

Just looked, #15. Not too bad but will still take a while. I'm hoping maybe Harry can step in and take care of you.

I'm in no rush. Just curious. Maybe by the time I get one the perfect water quality will be discovered. Seems like everyone has different experiences.

• Like 2

Mark, could this could be light response more than nitrates?

No clue. It was 6 months after the switch and I don't recall what bulb combination I was using. A purple bulb may have been in the mix then. To my eyes it was more colorful from the front of the tank as well.

• Like 1

Here is mine as of tonight... P04 .01 according to Hannah...nitrate 10 according to salifert

IMG_20160127_201936_977-01_zpsbcazqfac.j

Great color IMO. Mine seems to lack a polyp at the tip as well? weird!

Thanks Harry.. I switched to a 250a radium a month or so ago and loving it

Oh my. Keep us updated on the color, I really want to see what this does under Halide.

• Like 1

So this is interesting, seeing how most of the frags people have came from kat or roger. Should make a database or list of people who currently own it, what light they have it under, water paramaters, feeding schedules, filtration.. Etc. might be a cool mini experiment to see if theres any commonalities between each persons conditions and relate it to growth and color. Just a thought cause i have no motivation to do it.

• Like 3

So this is interesting, seeing how most of the frags people have came from kat or roger. Should make a database or list of people who currently own it, what light they have it under, water paramaters, feeding schedules, filtration.. Etc. might be a cool mini experiment to see if theres any commonalities between each persons conditions and relate it to growth and color. Just a thought cause i have no motivation to do it.

What do you think of this? Public and has analytics :)

https://harrypottersurvey.wufoo.com/forms/z1m3xbrs12bge23/

Most are from Kat. The only one I've ever sold was to Mr.Microscope last Christmas.

• Like 3