Pod Your Reef

Fusion 10G with 32 SPS frags!.FTS/video for December 2016. Pg#15

reefernanoman

reefernanoman

I know you've been going through a down spell, but we need picture updates :)

Kaythanksbye.

It looks bad, but I'll try to snap some tomorrow. I ditched the 100% SPS deal too. I moved my GBTA back into my fusion, but it has been wandering around, so I had to increase my light to 20% to see if that stops it from doing that. I also removed some more of my SPS that were not doing well. I will be moving some LPS frags back into this tank to give it some life and go from there. Roller coaster ride for sure.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

IMG_2269.jpgIMG_2271.jpg

I know you've been going through a down spell, but we need picture updates :)

Kaythanksbye.

Here you go bud. Pretty bad!:

IMG_2268.jpgIMG_2270.jpg

• Like 2
reefernanoman

It's so weird that my tank is doing so bad now coincidentally after changing to a better salt (from KM to RSPC), from an WP10 to an MP10, and from a PAR38 to a minitide! You would think better equipment = better tank, but it hasn't been the case for me so far! I have been doing the same amount of water changes and have the same amount of live stock, so imagine my frustration.

Sweet new.

Thanks. Sweet nem right? It's not too happy, since it keeps moving around a little. It never did that when I had the lower end equipment! Go figure. Ahhhh...

I ditched the 100%SPS look, and will be transferring some LPS frags that are doing great in my other tank.

reefernanoman

Picked up some frags today (Rastas, Papaya Cloves, Purple deaths and Blow Pops) to bring back some life to this thing! My GBTA is still moving around and I noticed that my temp goes as high as 82.5 degrees. I have heard that is not a big deal before. Thoughts?

reefernanoman

Looks like all my new frags are OK, but the Rasta frag didn't make it (it was a one polyp frag). I brought my GBTA back to my 28G and it's happy now. Also added a frag of my kryptonite candy cane back into this tank.

reefernanoman

So this is weird: the two pistol shrimps went their separate ways, and each made their own holes, and my YWMG goes from one to the other? The fish spends time between both!

jedimasterben

So this is weird: the two pistol shrimps went their separate ways, and each made their own holes, and my YWMG goes from one to the other? The fish spends time between both!

It's difficult being the child of separated parents :lol:

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
reefernanoman

Update 08/10/2015:

I was not able to save some of my SPS. They went towards a downhill spiral. Only a couple remain that have held on. I was able to save a couple of them by putting them in my other tank. Still a mystery as to what happened. All parameters have been in check. Anyways, I brought back some of my LPS like candy canes, GSP, Acans, papaya polyps etc. and they all are doing fine. I'll probably try some new sps later on down the road. Also my two pistol shrimp are still divorced.

FTS:

IMG_2993.jpg

And other pictures:

IMG_2995.jpgIMG_2996.jpgIMG_2997.jpgIMG_2999.jpg

And a small video of the update:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
reefernanoman

Update time! 09/08/2015:

I added my GBTA back into my fusion, and also I added my Kwajalein Montipora peltiformis that I recently purchased, since I saw that my remaining SPS are beginning to bounce back finally! I also added a frag of screaming green birds nest to replace the one I lost.

Purple haze recovering:

IMG_3067.jpg

Kryptonite candy cane looking good:

IMG_3070.jpg

Added some of my nice mushrooms back:

IMG_3071.jpg

Left side view:

IMG_3085.jpg

Right side view:

IMG_3087.jpg

Bad picture of superman monti that is recovering:

IMG_3099.jpg

And a FTS:

IMG_3066.jpg

• Like 3
reefernanoman

Looks great, I'm glad your sps is doing better. Those candy canes are really sweet looking.

Thanks teeny! Yes, finally my SPS(the ones that survived) are growing and doing much better.

reefernanoman

It's difficult being the child of separated parents :lol:

Sadly, I think that the pistol shrimp that I would barely see must have died, because I haven't seen him in like 2 months. So I'm just down to one. Bummer.

Update 09/16/2015. Since I got much better pictures on my DSLR by manipulating it even further than I have been before, I decided to take some better pictures of my tank!

Monti sp. Kwajalein Atoll "Blue Polyp". Side picture, since is the only way I can get a picture of:

IMG_3163.jpg

Papaya Polyps:

IMG_3164.jpg

Screaming green birds nest:

IMG_3165.jpg

These zoas are nice, but they have never grown more than two heads. Blow pops.

IMG_3167.jpg

Purple tip GBTA:

IMG_3168.jpg

B/W clown always playing with my hammer:

IMG_3170.jpg

Much better picture of my superman monti. Showing growth too:

IMG_3175.jpg

Purple haze monti recovering:

IMG_3178.jpg

Candy canes:

IMG_3182.jpg

Right side view:

IMG_3189.jpg

Left side view:

IMG_3191.jpg

Kryptonite candy cane:

IMG_3181.jpg

And the mandatory FTS 09/16/15:

IMG_3194.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, I missed this thread, thanks for posting in mine. Lasted DSLR shots look fantastic, and the LPS are so fluffy. :)

The Kryptonite Candy Cane looks like mine would when I used peroxide to try and kill algae. Could that have been what harmed the SPS?

In my 20 I had to dose nitrates before the SPS started to do well, oddly enough. I just don't get small tanks. :D

Wow, I missed this thread, thanks for posting in mine. Lasted DSLR shots look fantastic, and the LPS are so fluffy. :)

The Kryptonite Candy Cane looks like mine would when I used peroxide to try and kill algae. Could that have been what harmed the SPS?

In my 20 I had to dose nitrates before the SPS started to do well, oddly enough. I just don't get small tanks. :D

Hmmm. Good question. I did use Peroxide a couple of times, but that was a long time ago before all my sps polyps wouldn't extend and they all started getting white at the ends. Anyways, luckily that is behind me and everything is looking up. Thanks.
  • Like 1

Your tank looks great! There's a nice variety of corals in there. I'm not a zoa expert but the Blowpops look like they're stretching for more light - have you tried them in an area with more light?