ReefCleaners.org

Fusion 10G with 32 SPS frags!.FTS/video for December 2016. Pg#15

reefernanoman

Your tank looks great! There's a nice variety of corals in there. I'm not a zoa expert but the Blowpops look like they're stretching for more light - have you tried them in an area with more light?

Thanks. I have my minitide at 50% and I'm scared to put it any higher intensity than that. All my other z's and p's seem to be growing fine. Even my SPS is growing fine. They are one of the highest points in the scape already, but my scape is pretty flat to begin with. I do direct feed them reef chilli, but that doesn't seem to have helped. Those other green z's grow very fast (it must be because they are cheap haha).

• Like 1

Thanks. I have my minitide at 50% and I'm scared to put it any higher intensity than that. All my other z's and p's seem to be growing fine. Even my SPS is growing fine. They are one of the highest points in the scape already, but my scape is pretty flat to begin with. I do direct feed them reef chilli, but that doesn't seem to have helped. Those other green z's grow very fast (it must be because they are cheap haha).

I'm with you on the Tide settings! I can from a 34 gallon mixed reef with a Radion Gen 2 Pro at 70%. Now I have the Nuvo with just softies, 2 Gorgs and a plate. I had it set quite high and had a lot of flow with my MP10 - I realized the corals weren't as happy as they could be with so much light and current. I'm running the Tide at 25% and blues at 40%, the MP10 is turned off. The Yumas and Plate look really happy. I'm monitoring the Gorgonians to make sure they have adequate light and flow - I may have to strike a happy balance!

• Like 1

I'm with you on the Tide settings! I can from a 34 gallon mixed reef with a Radion Gen 2 Pro at 70%. Now I have the Nuvo with just softies, 2 Gorgs and a plate. I had it set quite high and had a lot of flow with my MP10 - I realized the corals weren't as happy as they could be with so much light and current. I'm running the Tide at 25% and blues at 40%, the MP10 is turned off. The Yumas and Plate look really happy. I'm monitoring the Gorgonians to make sure they have adequate light and flow - I may have to strike a happy balance!

Yeah, it's pretty challenging to have a mixed reef. If I lower the light intensity , then my BTA starts wondering around, and if I raise it too much, then stuff starts bleaching. But it's worth the effort. You just have to experiment until you find the sweet spot.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
reefernanoman

This looks great! I want a hi-fin red handed goby and candy cane pistol shrimp, but I've been starting to like yellow watchmen lately. You're making it worse lol.

I had a couple of those high fins, and unfortunately they both managed to jump out of my uncovered tank. BTW, those fish were super shy and I never got to see my pistol shrimp. The YWMG is much more outgoing and he even comes out for the camera. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
reefernanoman

November 2015 video update. Decided to change my light for central controlled through my Apex and I also moved some corals around from one tank to another:

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
reefernanoman

December 2015 Picture update! Everything is doing great!

Two new things: 1) I added a frag of my sunset monti colony from my other tank, since it's a huge colony. 2) And one of the coolest things that has ever happened in my tanks was that my BTA decided to walk over and settle right next to my BW clownfish that was being hosted by my hammer coral of all things! Well the clownfish decided to jump into my BTA and now it's living inside of it! Coincidence? Amazing! I also decided to sell my GSP colony, but some pieces are still lingering in my LR. Enjoy and thanks for looking!

Pictures:

Right front side view:

IMG_3418.jpg

Left front side view:

IMG_3420.jpg

My BW clownfish in his/her? new home. Like I said before, the nem walked and settled right next to the fish on its own!:

IMG_3425.jpgIMG_3424.jpgIMG_3426.jpg

Sunset frag doing good:

IMG_3427.jpg

And a FTS 12/08/2015:

IMG_3434.jpg

• Like 4
reefernanoman

Wow, things are looking great! Everything is spreading well - it's going to look fantastic when it all fills in :)

Thanks for the kind words teeny!

• Like 1
reefernanoman

tank looks great. What intensity you run your kessil on?

Thanks! As low as I can! I think it's between 25-30%. I can't be sure of the exact percentage because I'm currently using the knobs and a timer until I move the tank close enough to my Apex Jr. and my other tank some time next year ( I have the VDM module ready for it). Any lower than that and my BTA will start wondering around. Even at that low of an intensity I managed to bleach my Hammer coral a little bit. Right now

michaelrzachmann

Thanks! As low as I can! I think it's between 25-30%. I can't be sure of the exact percentage because I'm currently using the knobs and a timer until I move the tank close enough to my Apex Jr. and my other tank some time next year ( I have the VDM module ready for it). Any lower than that and my BTA will start wondering around. Even at that low of an intensity I managed to bleach my Hammer coral a little bit. Right now

word, thanks, i dropped to 40% now in my 16 gallon and things look better and my monti is starting to grow again but the color still isnt good on it. Im thinking about dropping again to 35% to see if it helps but am also worried about my BTA moving to because it has been on the same rock for 1.5 years and really dont want it to move. My acro has best polyp extension at dawn and dusk so im thinking thats another sign maybe i should lower even from 40%. Crazy how powerful these things are

• Like 1
reefernanoman

word, thanks, i dropped to 40% now in my 16 gallon and things look better and my monti is starting to grow again but the color still isnt good on it. Im thinking about dropping again to 35% to see if it helps but am also worried about my BTA moving to because it has been on the same rock for 1.5 years and really dont want it to move. My acro has best polyp extension at dawn and dusk so im thinking thats another sign maybe i should lower even from 40%. Crazy how powerful these things are

I hear you. It's trial and error to get the sweet spot where all your animals are happy with the intensity. In my other tank (18x18x22), I have my Kessil A160we at 55% and everyone seems happy (even my RBTA) at the moment.

michaelrzachmann

I hear you. It's trial and error to get the sweet spot where all your animals are happy with the intensity. In my other tank (18x18x22), I have my Kessil A160we at 55% and everyone seems happy (even my RBTA) at the moment.

I hear ya, i dropped it to 35% today so we'll see what happens lol

• Like 1

Video of December 2015 update:

I really want to get anemone in my IM 10g, but i'm a bit scared to do it. You seem to manage it. Any advice...? :unsure: Really digging your tanks.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I really want to get anemone in my IM 10g, but i'm a bit scared to do it. You seem to manage it. Any advice...? :unsure: Really digging your tanks.

Thanks, it's a risk because BTA'S will walk if anything changes in your tank. Also, they can get huge. I have been lucky because my BTA is well behaved and it's pretty small too. My advice would be to get a small BTA and be ready to move your corals out of its way.
  • 2 weeks later...
reefernanoman

The sunset frag looks like a bouquet, awesome!

Thanks, I just grabbed the main colony and just snapped it right off. Encrusting montis are very easy to frag.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
reefernanoman

January 2016 Pictures and video update: Added a couple of frags (spongedodes and green birds nest). Also the colors on my corals continue to improve largely thanks to my Kessil A160we:

Pictures:

Purple haze monti. This monti has colored up really well under Kessil:
IMG_3536_1.jpg

Frogspawn:
IMG_3539.jpg

Right side view from the front:
IMG_3534.jpg

Left side view from the front:
IMG_3545_1.jpg

FTS 01/11/2016:
IMG_3533.jpg

January 2016 video update: