Cultivated Reef

Fusion 10G with 32 SPS frags!.FTS/video for December 2016. Pg#15

reefernanoman

• 3 weeks later...
reefernanoman

June 2016 update!. Added new hardware. Added a PM2 module and a temp probe for mhy Apex Jr. in order to know the temp of my Fusion 10G. I had issues with dkH and Ca being too low, but took care of that already. Almost all my new corals are doing well, except the mystic sunset monti frag.

New hardware:

PM2 module, temp probe:

IMG_20160526_124300.jpg

FTS 06/01/2016:

IMG_3796.jpg

• Like 3

June 2016 update!. Added new hardware. Added a PM2 module and a temp probe for mhy Apex Jr. in order to know the temp of my Fusion 10G. I had issues with dkH and Ca being too low, but took care of that already. Almost all my new corals are doing well, except the mystic sunset monti frag.

New hardware:

PM2 module, temp probe:

IMG_20160526_124300.jpg

FTS 06/01/2016:

IMG_3796.jpg

Ooooo new toys! Tank looks awesome:)

• Like 1

Looks good! The acans are looking nice and puffy :)

Congrats on the new toy. That's the way I went, too. All I have is the Apex Jr. but with a couple extra modules you can do all you need for two tanks.

• Like 2
reefernanoman

Looks good! The acans are looking nice and puffy :)

Congrats on the new toy. That's the way I went, too. All I have is the Apex Jr. but with a couple extra modules you can do all you need for two tanks.

Thanks teeny

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
reefernanoman

Mid July 2016 Update! 6 new corals (this time from Aqua SD). New FTS. The Aussie and lord colors are off, but I guess it's because of shipping stress. The colors on the zoas is pretty much spot on.

New corals are mostly Zoas (super eagles, gladiator, whammin watermelons, blue phantoms). I also got a tiffany spots lord and a christmas aussie.

New corals:

Christmas aussie:

IMG_3848.jpg

Tiffany spot lord:

IMG_3850.jpg

And pictures of the zoas:

IMG_3847.jpgIMG_3844.jpg

FTS with new corals 07/15/16:

IMG_3843.jpg

• Like 3
  • 5 weeks later...
reefernanoman

Mid August 2016 Update! Added a whole bunch of new zoas and removed my Frogspawn/Hammer coral into my other tank (it was getting way too big for my fusion 10G). I also moved all of my Acans into my other tank because I didn't like how they looked on top of my sand (they look better on my barebottom tank).

New zoas: Whammin Watermelons, super eagles, gladiator zoas, blue phantoms, wowzers zoas, rainbow apples, darth maul zoas, and pink paradise zoas.

Quick cellphone pictures of the new setup:

FTS 08/14/16:

IMG_20160814_134523.jpg

Zoa garden rock! (cell phone pic) :

IMG_20160814_134617.jpg

• Like 2
reefernanoman

OK. Pictures this time using my DSLR:

FTS 08/14/16:

IMG_3869.jpg

Right side view (from the front):

IMG_3870.jpg

Left side view (from the front):

IMG_3871.jpg

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...

Mid September 2016 Update. I really messed up my tanks this time by bringing Alk way too fast! I killed some of my SPS in my other tank, and had to move the remaining SPS that remained to my Fusion 10G, since it is recovering nicely. I'm very lucky to have some hardy SPS. I decided to just leave a few slow growing zoas in my 10G (moved the rest to my other tank) and to make it pretty much an SPS dominant tank. Since changing over to RSCP from IO, my Alk has stayed high, so no dosing for now. I also moved all my Acans to my other tank (to make room for the SPS).

New equipment: Jebao DP4 VII doser, skimz 4 dosing container (made out of acrylic), and Hanna dkH tester.

Lower left sideview (from the front):

IMG_3900.jpg

Upper left sideview (from the front):

IMG_3898.jpg

Lower right sideview from the front:

IMG_3896.jpg

Upper right sideview (from the front):

IMG_3897.jpg

And FTS 09/20/2016:

IMG_3892.jpg

• Like 4

Despite my troubles, some of my montis are doing great in growth inside my fusion 10G.

Example CRS's LA Lakers monti:

Before growth:

IMG_3735.jpg

After growth. Lost a little yellow because I reduced the intesity because of the issues:

IMG_3902.jpg

• Like 3

What intensity are you at? My kessill maxes out at 55 on my schedule....everything still looking good.....i think i remember you telling me that you dont go that high with intensity so im just curious

• Like 1

What intensity are you at? My kessill maxes out at 55 on my schedule....everything still looking good.....i think i remember you telling me that you dont go that high with intensity so im just curious

Since my corals have been struggling a little with my mistakes, I raised the light some more and was running at about 45%, but now it's at 23% an will probably shoot for 45-50% (with 1-2% increments weekly). I'm never going to change anything fast again, which should be a given. How far is your light from the water line? Mine is about a

Foot and a half at least.

Since my corals have been struggling a little with my mistakes, I raised the light some more and was running at about 45%, but now it's at 23% an will probably shoot for 45-50% (with 1-2% increments weekly). I'm never going to change anything fast again, which should be a given. How far is your light from the water line? Mine is about a

Foot and a half at least.

Id say four or five inches....but i leveled up slow to that intensity

The tank is looking great btw!

• Like 1

Id say four or five inches....but i leveled up slow to that intensity

The tank is looking great btw!

Thanks. I almost killed everything by dosing too quickly, but I dodge the bullet this time by a hair.

• 3 weeks later...
fishfreak0114

Beautiful tank! Just read the whole thread and I appreciate you documenting all your ups and downs! After seeing everyone's gorgeous IM 10's, I think this might have to be my next tank :)

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Beautiful tank! Just read the whole thread and I appreciate you documenting all your ups and downs! After seeing everyone's gorgeous IM 10's, I think this might have to be my next tank :)

Thanks for stopping by. Yeah I document the good and bad so that hopefully fellow reefers don't make the same mistakes. Thanks for the compliment.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

You gonna need a bigger tank soon!

Haha right? I really want to upgrade my other tank to a red sea reefer 170 and keep this one, since it's considered my daughter's tank .

• Like 2
reefernanoman

Mid October 2016 update. I decided to once more go with 100% SPS domination and also picked up a new ATO to replace my ancient JBJ ATO. I really like this micro ATO by AutoAqua after two days. Everything about it is really micro and sleek (even the included pump, which is very silent when operating). Also, all my SPS are doing much better than a month ago. Currently dosing ESV 2part (2ML every night) to keep dkH and Ca from dropping. My jebao DP4 doser is doing a great job with dosing.

New ATO:

IMG_20161014_184027.jpg

FTS 10/18/2016:

IMG_3915.jpg

New video for October:

• Like 6