Pod Your Reef

Fusion 10G with 32 SPS frags!.FTS/video for December 2016. Pg#15

reefernanoman

reefernanoman

Nice little tank

Thank you!

Looks good! I don't remember seeing a purple haze monti before, it has colored up beautifully!

Thanks teeny. It has been there from the beginning, it almost died on me, and now it has bounced back with a beautiful color.

• 1 month later...
reefernanoman

Looking good! :happydance:

Thanks bud.

Your tank's looking great, I was wondering when we were going to get an update. ;)

Yeah, been a little lazy and with my wife 6 months pregnant I have to be walking on eggshells :lol: .

• Like 2
reefernanoman

Yea, I've been there, just hang in there and it'll be worth it. ;)

It's my second time around, so I do have a little experience underneath my belt. But yes, worth it indeed :D .

Good luck! Been there done that. Happy wife = happy life.

Thanks teeny. I'm going to need it :P .

• Like 1

Cool tank!

Trust me.. When the baby comes youll be sitting with it alot.. put a nice comfy chair by the tank...

My bad i didnt see second time around.. Lol.. You know the drill..

• Like 2
reefernanoman

Cool tank!

Trust me.. When the baby comes youll be sitting with it alot.. put a nice comfy chair by the tank...

My bad i didnt see second time around.. Lol.. You know the drill..

Yup. Step one: don't make wife angry. Step 2: feed baby.... Thanks :D

Nice setup....do you run your light on a controller or manual? And at what setting now/ how long per day...I'm currently running the same setup and was curious what your light schedule is.

• Like 1

My schedule is a 12 hour total dark... 12 hour ramp up light period...so it ramps up from 5% to 90% then back down to 0% over the course of a 12 hour period....and so far I've had some success with most corals...let me know what you think

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
reefernanoman

Nice setup....do you run your light on a controller or manual? And at what setting now/ how long per day...I'm currently running the same setup and was curious what your light schedule is.

Thanks. I run it manually with a timer for now. Settings: 8 hours a day, intensity at about 28%, spectrum at about 50%, and the light sits about 3-5 inches from the mesh top.

My schedule is a 12 hour total dark... 12 hour ramp up light period...so it ramps up from 5% to 90% then back down to 0% over the course of a 12 hour period....and so far I've had some success with most corals...let me know what you think

Yeah, it sounds good, but I have to keep the intensity very low in order to keep my light so close to the surface of the water. That way I reduce light spillage.

reefernanoman

Mid March 2016 Video and pictures update. My GBTA is not doing so well, but I'll see if I can bring it back to a healthy state. It looks better today after a WC. Everything else has grown and looks healthy. I moved my LPS towards the back of the tank and kept all my SPS towards the front of the tank, so that my LPS doesn't kill my SPS:

Pictures:

My rainbow monti growing nicely:

IMG_3682.jpg

My sunset monti growing nicely:

IMG_3685.jpg

FTS 03/18/2016:

IMG_3688.jpg

Mid March 2016 video update:

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Its crazy to look back at the FTS progression. This tank has come a long way. Looks great! Good luck with the BTA

Thanks. I love to see the progress of my tank through the FTS pictures. It also helps that I know how to take better pictures.

• 4 weeks later...
reefernanoman

Mid April 2016. Just a FTS and a top down shot. Everything is growing and happy. I did lose my GBTA due to a temperature swing though.

FTS 04/14/2016:

IMG_3707.jpg

Top down pic:

IMG_20160411_134734.jpg

• Like 2
reefernanoman

Went to the LFS yesterday, and found these three beauties:

Jose Casas Pink Polyp Stylo:

IMG_3711.jpg

Neon green pocillopora:

IMG_3716.jpg

Watermelon Psammocora. This thing is beautiful!. The camera didn't catch the color correctly, but it's like neon yellow with green on the sides:
IMG_3715.jpg

• Like 4
Elizabeth94

Your rockscape makes me want to do mine all over again, its really nice. But I am still low on corals, so hopefully when everything grows in it will look better..

I love that stylo!!!

• Like 1
reefernanoman

That top down shot is great :wub:

You made some nice choices with the new frags!

Thanks teeny! That top shot was made with my Nexus 6P. It takes great pics for a phone in manual mode and HDR plus. Hand held too with my shaky hands.

Your rockscape makes me want to do mine all over again, its really nice. But I am still low on corals, so hopefully when everything grows in it will look better..

I love that stylo!!!

Thanks! Yeah, I must have moved my rockwork at least 5 times before I settled with the current look. I like minimal amount of rock and more corals instead. Yeah, that stylo sure is beautiful. My daughter picked it out.

Did you encounter any hurdles during the transfer?

Transfer? Like when I moved my tank from the guest room to the living room to place it next to my other tank? That's the last time I moved my tank. It was easy because I just wheeled the whole thing through my house very slowly (my stand has wheels on it).

Here's another pic of the psammopara. This time with my phone. I think I got a better picture this time :

IMG_20160416_112805.jpg

• Like 2
reefernanoman

How do those psammoparas grow? Do they just encrust to the shape of the rock or do they also grow upwards with skeleton?

It looks like it encrusts on the rocks from what I've seen. Beautiful, but the LFS owner mentioned that it grows slowly. Very expensive online too. I paid $30, for it, which was a very good price.

• Like 2