Coral Vue Hydros

Fusion 10G with 32 SPS frags!.FTS/video for December 2016. Pg#15

reefernanoman

reefernanoman

Got my minitide today with the Bluefish mini WiFi! Added the moonlight channel and the two extra channels for a total of 5 channels! Wohoo. Quick pictures before I went to work :

20150411_112124.jpg20150411_131630.jpg

• Like 5
reefernanoman

Woo hoo! Looks great! omgomgomg

Thanks! Sorry for the blurry pictures, but I ran out of time since I couldn't get the BFM to play nice with my Galaxy s4 while doing the basic programming, so I had to borrow my wife's HTC M8 to finish the job! I wasn't sure about the pins either on the BFM, but Dave took care of that with a couple of pictures. I'll try to take better pictures tomorrow with my DSLR.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Samsung phones are garbage when trying to pair with an Electric Imp lol, I couldn't get my Note 2 to do anything when it came to initial setup.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Samsung phones are garbage when trying to pair with an Electric Imp lol, I couldn't get my Note 2 to do anything when it came to initial setup.

Maybe it's because we both have older crappy processors or screens that are too dim? I know that my wife's M8 has a very bright screen when it's at 100%, but yours and mine suck at brightness due to older technology too. Maybe a SGS5 or the new S6 would have done the job with a brighter screen and better processor. I know that the screen brightness is very important when setting up the BFM.

jedimasterben

Maybe it's because we both have older crappy processors or screens that are too dim? I know that my wife's M8 has a very bright screen when it's at 100%, but yours and mine suck at brightness due to older technology too. Maybe a SGS5 or the new S6 would have done the job with a brighter screen and better processor. I know that the screen brightness is very important when setting up the BFM.

The issue is not screen brightness or even response times, but is from Samsung's software auto adjusting the brightness level based on screen content, and that software is not nearly as responsive as it needs to be for the rapid pulsing that Blinkup uses. Even 'disabling' the screen auto brightness the software is still working and adding a short delay and something gets crossed somewhere lol.
  • Like 1

Got my minitide today with the Bluefish mini WiFi! Added the moonlight channel and the two extra channels for a total of 5 channels! Wohoo. Quick pictures before I went to work :

That Tide looks awesome over the tank my friend! Need a few more pictures :wub:

• Like 1
reefernanoman

That Tide looks awesome over the tank my friend! Need a few more pictures :wub:

Thanks! I'm currently trying to lay low, since my wife is asking questions about the light! Maybe tomorrow when things cool off a little more. The pictures I took were in a hurry.

reefernanoman

Update 04/13/15: Here are pictures of my minitide over my now 100% SPS dominated tank. I'm still playing around with the channels since I have 4. My tank is still recovering from a suspected febreeze incident, so my corals don't look their best right now:

IMG_2116.jpgIMG_2120.jpgIMG_2124.jpg

• Like 2
reefernanoman

Looks great! Those corals are going to color up nicely. Just take it slow - that light is way more powerful than it looks :)

Thanks! I have two channels at 30% and the other two at 20%. Maybe too much teeny?

No, that's probably about right. Just keep an eye out for bleaching and back it off right away. Bring it up one or two percent each week.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

No, that's probably about right. Just keep an eye out for bleaching and back it off right away. Bring it up one or two percent each week.

I'm not complaining but I wish that the BF had an acclimation more that would do this automated for us. Maybe they will add that in the future. I'll bring it up in their forums but I'm almost certain that someone has thrown that idea to them before. The BFM has been working great though.

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm currently trying to lay low, since my wife is asking questions about the light! Maybe tomorrow when things cool off a little more. The pictures I took were in a hurry.

Oh boy, not the wife. I've got one of those too. I used to wish that she took more of an interest in my hobby but now, i'm kinda glad she doesn't because i can buy a new light or powerhead or even tank and she doesn't even notice the difference Hahaha.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Oh boy, not the wife. I've got one of those too. I used to wish that she took more of an interest in my hobby but now, i'm kinda glad she doesn't because i can buy a new light or powerhead or even tank and she doesn't even notice the difference Hahaha.

Yeah, I just lied and told her that I bought it with the sale of my PAR38.

• Like 1

And this is where some silly guy adds into the conversation that he doesn't have to do creative tricks with the spouse - just have to deal with the "and what shiney am I getting, at the same time?" questions! ^_^

Also yay for NanoBox!

• Like 1
reefernanoman

And this is where some silly guy adds into the conversation that he doesn't have to do creative tricks with the spouse - just have to deal with the "and what shiney am I getting, at the same time?" questions! ^_^

Also yay for NanoBox!

Yeah, I'm still getting used to the Nanobox since my PAR38 was on the pink side. Very strong light too.
reefernanoman

I thought that one of my pistol shrimp had died until finally I saw him inside the LR, but for some unknown reason, he has decided to leave the trio and live within the LR by himself? Why the divorce?