Top Shelf Aquatics

Fusion 10G with 32 SPS frags!.FTS/video for December 2016. Pg#15

reefernanoman

reefernanoman

I added a couple of more frags and moved some of my existing frags and rocks for better placement and stability. I moved the ailing ric to my other tank to see if it recovers in the shade.

New additions:

Tyree flower petal. Nice!:

IMG_1935.jpg

Tyree undata. Nice too!:

IMG_1932.jpg

New Look 12/25/14:

IMG_1944.jpg

Left side:

IMG_1945.jpg

Right side:

IMG_1948.jpg

• Like 5
reefernanoman

Looks really nice! It's going to look really good when those new frags start growing out.

Thanks! What do you think about the new look? The other way was less stable, since it was not as flat

reefernanoman
Nice looking tank--looks/feels bigger than a 10G cube. I have big time YWG envy going on :lol:

Thanks. Yeah, it's just the pictures that make it look bigger, but all of of the tanks around here look bigger than they are.

• Like 1

Why would the green ricordia that I bought be turning white? It's all the way at the bottom of my tank. I have other colored mushrooms that are doing fine and are higher in the rockwork.

My green Ricordea also bleached in my tank, while my orange Ricordeas and other coral are thriving. It's weird. I recall this happening to me before also with a green Ricordea in my prior tank. Maybe they're more sensitive to light. It's just weird.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

My green Ricordea also bleached in my tank, while my orange Ricordeas and other coral are thriving. It's weird. I recall this happening to me before also with a green Ricordea in my prior tank. Maybe they're more sensitive to light. It's just weird.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my three friends doing their thing. Symbiotic relationship still going strong. Best video yet!:

Pretty neat. I may have missed it earlier in your thread, but did you get the pistol shrimp as an already bonded pair?

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Pretty neat. I may have missed it earlier in your thread, but did you get the pistol shrimp as an already bonded pair?

It was actually not planned. When I added the first little pistol shrimp, it disappeared completely for a whole week, so I thought it was a goner. So I added a second one and amazingly, they paired up! I got very lucky that they didn't start fighting(which I have heard that it can happen) until one kills the other. It's so weird, because I transferred these three guys from one tank to another, and the relationship still continued in the new tank. They have even been living with three different fish! I had originally a high fin goby, which jumped, then I added another one, which jumped also. Then I added a YWMG(current fish). These two pistol shrimp have lived with all three of those fish(one at a time).

• Like 1
reefernanoman

You have to tell me how you got your goby to stop hiding! my yasha is so shy. Great tank buddy

Thanks! Every fish has their own personality, but this YWMG is pretty bold once I stay still. Both of my previous high fin gobies were always hiding, even after standing still, which made my PS hide all the time too. I think that Yashas are pretty timid too. Does he have a pistol shrimp buddy?

Thanks! Every fish has their own personality, but this YWMG is pretty bold once I stay still. Both of my previous high fin gobies were always hiding, even after standing still, which made my PS hide all the time too. I think that Yashas are pretty timid too. Does he have a pistol shrimp buddy?

Ahh i see, yea he has a pistol buddy. I should have gotten a yellow watchman but the yasha's color just got me.

• Like 1

Great video and a great trio :)

I'm quite pleased with my shrimp/goby pair too - lots of entertainment!

Do they mess up your substrate a lot? I have much courser sand, and the shrimp piles it really high.

So I was wondering whether he would have a harder time clearing the tank floor if it was fine sand?

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Ahh i see, yea he has a pistol buddy. I should have gotten a yellow watchman but the yasha's color just got me.

I know that your fish is prettier, but I would rather have the less pretty fishy that I can enjoy all the time.

Great video and a great trio :)

I'm quite pleased with my shrimp/goby pair too - lots of entertainment!

Do they mess up your substrate a lot? I have much courser sand, and the shrimp piles it really high.

So I was wondering whether he would have a harder time clearing the tank floor if it was fine sand?

They do here and there, but my substrate is not too fine. Actually, my Maroon Clownfish in my other tank is much much worse!

reefernanoman
Tank looks nice! I really like the goby-pistol interaction. I would get them for my tank, but they would never get enough food :closedeyes:

Yeah. You would have to make sure that food gets to the bottom. My tank is very small, so that's not an issue. Thanks.

This is such a sweet tank. Every time i watch the video of the goby and the pistol shrimps makes me want to get to my lfs and by the same combo!

Just wondering if i could keep a royal gramma with them instead of a clown...

Nice job!

• Like 1
reefernanoman
This is such a sweet tank. Every time i watch the video of the goby and the pistol shrimps makes me want to get to my lfs and by the same combo!

Just wondering if i could keep a royal gramma with them instead of a clown...

Nice job!

Thanks, I don't see why not. Yellow watchman gobys can hold their own. Mine is always trying to scare away my black and white clown with his mouth fully open. What size tank do you have?

At the moment i only have got a 70 litre freshwater tank with some south american cichlids (apistogramma agassizzi red red).

I have been searching for a great aio nano to setup my first saltwater tank, i am considering the nuvo 10 or 20 (finally found them in belgium!) or a aqua medic blenny. I just love the look of the nuvo 10. Seeing al these great little tanks on this forum really makes me want to get the 10.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

at the moment i only have got a 70 litre freshwater tank with some south american cichlids (apistogramma agassizzi red red). I have been searching for a great aio nano to setup my first saltwater tank, i am considering the nuvo 10 or 20 (finally found them in belgium!) or a aqua medic blenny. I just love the look of the nuvo 10. Seeing al these great little tanks on this forum really makes me want to get the 10.

Both the 10g and 20g fusions are nice, but if you are on a budget the 10 would be a better fit, since everything for the 20 would have to be more expensive and it is always more expensive to stock the bigger tank, the light has to be stronger, etc.