Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fusion 10G with 32 SPS frags!.FTS/video for December 2016. Pg#15

reefernanoman

The budget is not really a problem. I just preffer the look of the 10 there is just something really beautiful about it.

It's just not that easy finding all the right parts in europe for it. I have my mind made up about one thing, the light is going to be a nano box reef.

I am still thinking about skimmer, pico skim 2 or atb hang on nano (almost the same). Return pump, probably the tunze silence 850l/h. And the heater, i really don't know wich heater...

• Like 1
reefernanoman

The budget is not really a problem. I just preffer the look of the 10 there is just something really beautiful about it.

It's just not that easy finding all the right parts in europe for it. I have my mind made up about one thing, the light is going to be a nano box reef.

I am still thinking about skimmer, pico skim 2 or atb hang on nano (almost the same). Return pump, probably the tunze silence 850l/h. And the heater, i really don't know wich heater...

Excellent than. I'll be looking forward to seeing and following your build.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
reefernanoman

Just got my coral gum from Amazon. I'm feeling kind of guilty because I ordered one and got two instead! Well at least

I'm a prime member lol. IMG_20150128_114048.jpg

• Like 3
reefernanoman

01/29/17: First new additions of 2015. Time to use the Tunze coral gum:

Hollywood Stunner:

IMG_20150129_134310.jpg

ORA Setosa:

IMG_20150129_134335.jpg

Seasons Greetings Monti:

IMG_20150129_134417.jpg

• Like 3
reefernanoman

Well the coral gum worked pretty well, but you gotta be quick once you put the mixture together, since it gets hard pretty fast. The good thing is that it didn't make my skimmer go crazy with microbubbles and overflowing like JB Weld did(my skimmer would go crazy for at least two weeks). Pictures tomorrow of the coral placement. I think that I'm running out of room for corals. I still want to put a rainbow monti and a superman monti in there.

reefernanoman

sounds like a LFS price, it's not too bad though. i'd probably pay about $50 for 2-3 heads around my neck of the woods

Yeah, for some reason most corals here in south TX are more expensive than the LFS in southern Cali, but I'm not complaining because the cost of living here is way less! Thanks.

If I get lucky I can sometimes find smaller acans around here on the $20 rack B)

But thats usually only every 4th friday night or so when their buddy absolutely fills their 200g frag tank with new frags haha.

I love going in on those nights

• Like 1
reefernanoman

If I get lucky I can sometimes find smaller acans around here on the $20 rack B)

But thats usually only every 4th friday night or so when their buddy absolutely fills their 200g frag tank with new frags haha.

I love going in on those nights

There's nothing like getting a great deal.

exactly. whenever my dude gets a shipment in its either buy one get one, or buy two get one's. usually its only for $10, $20, and $30 frags, but theres always acans, ultra zoa's and crazy mushrooms in those catagories at all times. his prices are very fair, but i usually only go when he has these sales going.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I'm glad the coral gum worked out! I may have to try some next time I need more.

It's not perfect, since it would come loose from the plug and fall into the tank (I think I was supposed to put it on the LR first). But I sure love how my skimmer was not affected. I just need more practice with it.

I've always heard you should make a sandwich with superglue used to make it stick to both the coral and the rock. That's how I did mine and it worked great.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

i used vertex v-colla for my rocks when it was dry, every time i went to use it in water it never wanted to stick to the rock or plug.

You probably needed a super glue sandwich like teeny mentioned

I've always heard you should make a sandwich with superglue used to make it stick to both the coral and the rock. That's how I did mine and it worked great.

I thought about doing that. Next time I sure will! Thanks teeny for the suggestion.

jedimasterben

Totally jelly of your pair of pistols! I was looking to get a pair of them to go with my yellow watchman before I took out my sandbed. Now I'll just live vicariously through you :)

• Like 2
reefernanoman

Totally jelly of your pair of pistols! I was looking to get a pair of them to go with my yellow watchman before I took out my sandbed. Now I'll just live vicariously through you :)

No problem! I feel the same way when I see people here with nicer tanks(including yours) and equipment. I just got extremely lucky that this relationship even worked at all. Like I have said before, it was an accident, since when I added the smaller CPS, I thought the other one had died, but it was just hiding(he did this for like a week). Before I knew it, they were all in the same hole! Even when they got separated during the tank transfer from my 7.5G to my 10G, they went right back to living together. I truly enjoy them!

• Like 2
jedimasterben

No problem! I feel the same way when I see people here with nicer tanks(including yours) and equipment. I just got extremely lucky that this relationship even worked at all. Like I have said before, it was an accident, since when I added the smaller CPS, I thought the other one had died, but it was just hiding(he did this for like a week). Before I knew it, they were all in the same hole! Even when they got separated during the tank transfer from my 7.5G to my 10G, they went right back to living together. I truly enjoy them!

I actually had a candy striped pistol come in as a hitchhiker! I started my tank with dry rock and dry sand and all corals and everything got dipped in iodine, peroxide, or both, so I don't think it could have gotten in on a frag. One day I heard clicking and thought that I had messed up and let my little mantis up into my display somehow and for a couple of weeks tried to get it out. Finally figured out what rock it was in, then went to town with a hammer, punch tool, and a bottle of peroxide. A few minutes later, I had a knocked into a hole this tiny pistol had carved into a rock and had used dwarf cerith snails as some kind of putty and sealed off his home inside the rock! I sat there with him just snapping at me like WHATTTTT. Not sure what happened to that pistol, he disappeared shortly after that incident, I think the peroxide got him :/

reefernanoman

I actually had a candy striped pistol come in as a hitchhiker! I started my tank with dry rock and dry sand and all corals and everything got dipped in iodine, peroxide, or both, so I don't think it could have gotten in on a frag. One day I heard clicking and thought that I had messed up and let my little mantis up into my display somehow and for a couple of weeks tried to get it out. Finally figured out what rock it was in, then went to town with a hammer, punch tool, and a bottle of peroxide. A few minutes later, I had a knocked into a hole this tiny pistol had carved into a rock and had used dwarf cerith snails as some kind of putty and sealed off his home inside the rock! I sat there with him just snapping at me like WHATTTTT. Not sure what happened to that pistol, he disappeared shortly after that incident, I think the peroxide got him :/

Yeah, they are so small and are very good at hiding. You don't even see them, unless they are paired up with a fish buddy.

reefernanoman

I'm going to have to keep an eye out for my Hollywood stunner, since it's my first chalice ever. I didn't know that chalice do not like light that is too intense. Well my PAR38 is at least 2ft from my tank, and all my corals(softies included) seem to be doing great.

On a side note, I'm going to move my WP10 from my backwall, since the outside magnet is underwater and I'm pretty sure that it is not designed to be used like that. Somebody asked me that question and I never thought of it. Go figure.

reefernanoman

Today I'm getting a rainbow acan and tomorrow I'm getting a rainbow monti and a super man monti. I think these might just be my last corals! Pictures to come soon after.

• Like 3