ReefCleaners.org

Maxspect RipTide

CoralVue Aquarium Products

ClownTriggerDude
<--- has a nano. Needs to see a riptide nano in action.

I OF COURSE,.....AGREE !

In the video, Menard say's he want's 3 or 4 on his 300 ?

Wow, looks like the tank already has great movement !

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see.how they sync up. Most likely doing 2 on.opposite ends.and having them work together and against each other could easily make great movement for SPS

JavaJacketOC

1000 times this!

And one more on this bandwagon...at least want to know specs and settings..ppuuuhhhaaallleeessee!

Hey Chris at CoralVue...tell Lindsey at CoralVue I said...Haaaaaaaay.

And who should I tell her is saying Haaaaaaay???

Come to the CoralVue booth at MACNA and meet her in person.

Chris

And who should I tell her is saying Haaaaaaay???

Come to the CoralVue booth at MACNA and meet her in person.

Chris

I need to not drink and post lol.

I have met her, she came to my store some months ago. She's from Texas and she was visiting family I believe. Not even on official business but she stopped by to look at the store. She was extremely nice and very pretty.

We need to see the smaller Riptide ASAP! Now that Ecotech MP10's are 15% off during August I've got a tough decision to make.

Maxspect has released the pricing and specifications of the 35W double sided RipTide Gyre with basic controller (as seen in the CV videos). Cost will be less than $300.00 with a 4200 gph flow rate.

Formal pricing will be released during MACNA, please stop by our booth to see the RipTide Gyre in operation.

Chris

How basic is this controller?

I will have the features next week.

what about the one sided riptide

Instead of the single sided version, there will be a smaller 25W double sided version. Not expected to be released until Nov/Dec.

What is the comparison of the 35 vs the 25 ?

Size, flow and price.

I don't have any info on the 25W model yet.

So if the price is "less than 300" what happened to "if you can afford a jebao, you can afford a riptide" ? Again apples to oranges, just questioning what has been said by maxspect peeps. 125-150 (max for a jebao?) vs 299.95 is quite the difference. So it's more of, if you can afford a jebao, you can afford A riptide even if it's too small for your tank. Not hating at all, just a little disappointed with the price expectation that was set previously.

JavaJacketOC

We are hobbyists ourselves, too, so what you worried is what we also worried, and rest assured it will be made in such a way that it will be easy to take apart and cleaned. If you could afford a jebao then you could afford a Riptide, wink wink.

Unless I'm missing something (which I very well might be), it doesn't look like this is an accurate statement anymore.

Unless I'm missing something it doesn't look like these are accurate statements anymore :(

The MP40 retails for $465.00 and the 35W RipTide Gyre at $300.00 is significantly cheaper. The Jebao pumps will be more conparable to the 25W RipTide, pricing hasn't been released yet.

So if the price is "less than 300" what happened to "if you can afford a jebao, you can afford a riptide" ? Again apples to oranges, just questioning what has been said by maxspect peeps. 125-150 (max for a jebao?) vs 299.95 is quite the difference. So it's more of, if you can afford a jebao, you can afford A riptide even if it's too small for your tank. Not hating at all, just a little disappointed with the price expectation that was set previously.

The Jebao pumps will be more conparable to the 25W RipTide, pricing hasn't been released yet.

Your website has a photo of 4 different units. Is there only a 35 and 25 w coming out now?

There will be three: 25W, 35W and 45W from what I was told today.

Archived