Innovative Marine Aquariums

Maxspect RipTide

CoralVue Aquarium Products

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received a Pre-Sale email from Aquarium Specialty, saying that they have the XF150 in stock, so I called and that's the only model so far. They don't know when they'll get the other two models in.

The price for the XF150 is $299.

Were you on the CoralVue email list? Or, can anyone purchase the pump from Aquarium Specialty?

I think due to the dimensions, it would still be large for a pico or small nano (under 10-20 gallons). I'm not sure it would function the same being even smaller though. :huh:

the 35W is the nano.

If it is physically half the size of the 55w version, like only one side of the 2 sided 55w, then I think it'll be perfect for most nano needs.

$299? What happened to this? vvvv

Because that hype though. Still,appears to be worth the price tag, especially considering that the little tweaks like a black housing probably costs a lot up front.

I just received my email that allows me to pre-order the 150. Does anyone know if I will still be on pre-order list for the small nano version of this? I have been holding out for this dang thing but its taking FOREVER! HAHA! I NEED! :)

If it is physically half the size of the 55w version, like only one side of the 2 sided 55w, then I think it'll be perfect for most nano needs.

I asked and was told that the 35w is recommended for 4 foot tanks so unfortunately I believe it's going to be way to big for a nano.

If you could afford a jebao then you could afford a Riptide, wink wink.

MORE LIKE If you could afford 5 jebao then you could afford a Riptide, wink wink.

It looks like a great product but all the hype and information that has been released isn't lining up to what is actually happening. I'll still most likely get one but am disappointed in how it was promoted for pre sale.

jedimasterben

I just received my email that allows me to pre-order the 150. Does anyone know if I will still be on pre-order list for the small nano version of this? I have been holding out for this dang thing but its taking FOREVER! HAHA! I NEED! :)

It's still around a month out for the 35w version, there should be an announcement of it coming very soon :ninja:

I agree. I was gung ho about getting one right away, but now I'm going to hold off for awhile and see how they work and how durable they are. One thing that concerns me is that they include an extra paddle in the box which tells me the one that comes with the pump isn't going to be all that durable and they are covering their butts right off the bat. I also think the metal box it comes in is an unnecessary and additional cost to us.

I agree. I was gung ho about getting one right away, but now I'm going to hold off for awhile and see how they work and how durable they are. One thing that concerns me is that they include an extra paddle in the box which tells me the one that comes with the pump isn't going to be all that durable and they are covering their butts right off the bat. I also think the metal box it comes in is an unnecessary and additional cost to us.

jedimasterben

One thing that concerns me is that they include an extra paddle in the box which tells me the one that comes with the pump isn't going to be all that durable and they are covering their butts right off the bat.

Check out the manual for it. It explains that two extra paddles are included that are reversed orientation to the stock paddles so that you can configure them for pushing/pulling or any combination of the two.

Check out the manual for it. It explains that two extra paddles are included that are reversed orientation to the stock paddles so that you can configure them for pushing/pulling or any combination of the two.

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up

If we go by the picture below, then it is safe to assume the 50w version is the 2nd largest, then the largest being the 75w version. The larger of the half versions is most likely the 35w version(half of the 75w version), so if they come out with the smallest one it should be 20-25w and should be a really good fit for larger nano tanks(20-30g). I hope they come out with the smallest version.

http://s522.photobucket.com/user/Inline6er/media/riptide-gyre-generator-pump-2.jpg.html'>riptide-gyre-generator-pump-2.jpg

Anyone know if there will be replacement parts similar to vortechs?

When dropping that much cash, I like to know I can use it for many many years replacing whats needed.

I hope someone rigs a way to hook this up to a battery back up. That's the only other thing I need to figure out in order to replace my MP10's.

jedimasterben

If we go by the picture below, then it is safe to assume the 50w version is the 2nd largest, then the largest being the 75w version. The larger of the half versions is most likely the 35w version(half of the 75w version), so if they come out with the smallest one it should be 20-25w and should be a really good fit for larger nano tanks(20-30g). I hope they come out with the smallest version.

riptide-gyre-generator-pump-2.jpg

There are three models, all with two paddle wheels, 75w, 50w, and 35w.

Alright it's crunch time. My current tank is 36x18x18. Next year for RAP I want to upgrade to a 70G Artisan II which is 36x24x20. Should I just get the 50W now and run it at 20-30%?

from what i read from the reef2reef forum, the 35w is going to sell for $239.99

and here's a link too the first unpackaging of the gyre that i've found.

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/new-saltwater-reef-aquariums-post-here/179159-new-gyer-unpacked-tonight.html'>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/new-saltwater-reef-aquariums-post-here/179159-new-gyer-unpacked-tonight.html

Ben has had one for over a month.

Archived