SaltCritters.com

Maxspect RipTide

CoralVue Aquarium Products

Something tells me that a single wheel version wouldn't be as stable.

Then they need to make a double paddle one with half size paddles. ;) maybe worth a max wattage of 20w

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

While watching the video on youtube of the maxspect riptidein reverse, 2 different types of paddles are required to have the maxspect run in reverse and keep the flow at the same speed backwards and forwards. How will this work for the nano version?

Also can the maxspect riptide that is out now be run with a lower voltage power supply if the nano version can't be run in reverse?

jedimasterben

Hello,

While watching the video on youtube of the maxspect riptidein reverse, 2 different types of paddles are required to have the maxspect run in reverse and keep the flow at the same speed backwards and forwards. How will this work for the nano version?

It would work the same, the only difference is the motor and the size of the paddles, they'll work in the same way.

Also can the maxspect riptide that is out now be run with a lower voltage power supply if the nano version can't be run in reverse?

What? The power supply always needs to give 24v, the controller does the rest.

It would work the same, the only difference is the motor and the size of the paddles, they'll work in the same way.

What? The power supply always needs to give 24v, the controller does the rest.

Hmm not entirely sure how it will work the same way if the nano version only has one paddle.

I was referring to this video at 2 mins, using the two "A" propellers:

For the topic of a lower voltage power supply, I was going by what jaebo wp wave makers did. If you lowered the voltage to them they would run at a scaled down max speed. Was curious if this would work on the riptide too.

jedimasterben

Hmm not entirely sure how it will work the same way if the nano version only has one paddle.

There is no single paddle version.

For the topic of a lower voltage power supply, I was going by what jaebo wp wave makers did. If you lowered the voltage to them they would run at a scaled down max speed. Was curious if this would work on the riptide too.

Nope, the controller is what does that.

There is no single paddle version.

Nope, the controller is what does that.

Wow ok that's great news! I was going by the pictures on post 116 of the thread that showed single paddles.

A WP10 is like $60 right? Very very interested in the smallest model if that price holds true. Control via iPhone is a huge plus.

I haven't seen anything indicating this is controlled by anything other then the wired control that is included with the pump.

reefs.comGyre4-300x300.jpg

They showed two single paddle models in the early images.

Maybe they have 2 paddles stacked one on top off the other on the same axis for the ones that look like single paddles? I don't know.. Gonna wait and see what the reviews are like in a few months before buying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chris answered my question on RC about the single paddle models that they where not going to be made. Just the 130 150 170 models.

So I have turned my interest to an MP10 or the new Tunze 6040.

On R2R Chris also said "The XF130 Gyre will be released in mid-January with a retail price of $239.99." He posted the following picture. Looks like the 130 will be a tight fit in my Nuvo24. I'm still so tempted...

203546d1418853385-maxspect-riptide-gyre-

Chris answered my question on RC about the single paddle models that they where not going to be made. Just the 130 150 170 models.

So I have turned my interest to an MP10 or the new Tunze 6040.

Thats disappointing as I was waiting in hopes of a single paddle model since the others are too large for my tank. Oh well guess ill go for the Tunze as well.

Do you think the XF130 (nano) version will be too much flow for a Nuvo Fusion 30L to get it to it's true potential? I'm hearing that people are having to run the 150 at 50% power to get it to really work. I'm concerned that may be too much in my tank. The display portion is 36in long by 10in deep by 12in tall.

jedimasterben

I'm hearing that people are having to run the 150 at 50% power to get it to really work.

Not sure what you mean by this. I can run my 50w model at 3/11 and create a gyre in my 80G tank.

I read a few reviews that said they had to run it at at least 50% power to get the gyre effect. But I guess that's not true? I'm just debating the gyre or an MP10, and I would hate to spend the money on a gyre for it to be too much for my nano. Thanks for the reply

jedimasterben

I read a few reviews that said they had to run it at at least 50% power to get the gyre effect. But I guess that's not true?

In what size tanks?

Thats disappointing as I was waiting in hopes of a single paddle model since the others are too large for my tank. Oh well guess ill go for the Tunze as well.

Yes I was hoping for single models. But they are going with the three larger models. An MP10 or 6040 Tunze look good for small tanks.

Archived