Top Shelf Aquatics

Maxspect RipTide

CoralVue Aquarium Products

jedimasterben

Notice the vertically corner placed Gyre.

Wonder how that works.

The way that they were originally said to be designed, as a switching gyre pump. Placing one horizontally can not (and will never) work to create a reversible gyre.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did this come from? It has been said for months that the big one will come out in October and the smaller ones nov/dec...

There's 3 sizes. The middle model which has been showcased will release in October. Then there will be a smaller and larger one released over the next few months

In the video that was just posted they said November for the smaller size (or before Christmas) the larger one wasn't mentioned

Actually, the ones shown have been the '35w' model, so that is actually the 'nano' version.

So the one in the video 4 posts back was the nano version but still pushing that much flow in a 90g @ 40%? Holy crap...

jedimasterben

So the one in the video 4 posts back was the nano version but still pushing that much flow in a 90g @ 40%? Holy crap...

Yep, it was before they figured that they're going to only increase power, not decrease. Obviously this is all subject to change, but that's what their new data says.

Actually, the ones shown have been the '35w' model, so that is actually the 'nano' version.

HWBR8RT.jpg

The email says the one they have been showing is 50w and that one will come out in October with the 35W in November

Also the black casing is way better

So the question now is how low can the flow go on the 35 watt model. I think most nano owners will want less than 1000gph, is it doable or even cost effective to buy this and keep it at 10-20% ? Also is the 'nano' version going to have the controller too?

So the question now is how low can the flow go on the 35 watt model. I think most nano owners will want less than 1000gph, is it doable or even cost effective to buy this and keep it at 10-20% ? Also is the 'nano' version going to have the controller too?

All will have the controller.

If 50 watts=5000 GPH the 35 should be around 3500GPH so it would be a bit lower than a mp40

I could have sworn in their previous videos that they mentioned somewhere that this was the 35 watt pump. Maybe I was wrong lol

I remember that too so you aren't crazy Lol

Yeah, that's what my question was about ..... If the one they were showing previous to last week was 35 watt and 4200 gph then that is the new 'nano'?!?!!!!?

Except that they bumped it to 50 watts and only 5000 gph, so maybe the newer design has lower gph/watt.

Also, I thought it was previously stated that the larger ones would have controllers in a way that could mean the low end one would not. This seems to be common practice.

Obviously this product is still being tested and tweaked so who knows.

• 1 month later...
ClownTriggerDude

I received a Pre-Sale email from Aquarium Specialty, saying that they have the XF150 in stock, so I called and that's the only model so far. They don't know when they'll get the other two models in.

The price for the XF150 is $299.

ClownTriggerDude

Do you know what the other two prices are ?

Only through Aquarium Specialty ? (I like them, but just curious)

What page here are the specs ? (I'm lazy)

Do you know what the other two prices are ?

Only through Aquarium Specialty ? (I like them, but just curious)

What page here are the specs ? (I'm lazy)

Marine Depot as well.

The 35w model is coming December and the 70w model is January I think.

Benny, you have their ear. Put me on the first list for 35W, pretty please salt on top.

Archived