Pod Your Reef

Maxspect RipTide

CoralVue Aquarium Products

The MP40 retails for $465.00 and the 35W RipTide Gyre at $300.00 is significantly cheaper. The Jebao pumps will be more conparable to the 25W RipTide, pricing hasn't been released yet.

The Jebao pumps will be more conparable to the 25W RipTide, pricing hasn't been released yet.

I'm not saying it's not a fair price, just not what I was expecting.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JavaJacketOC

The MP40 retails for $465.00 and the 35W RipTide Gyre at $300.00 is significantly cheaper. The Jebao pumps will be more conparable to the 25W RipTide, pricing hasn't been released yet.

Agreed, after re-reading what I thought I'd originally read I adjusted my statement. I think I was more looking at the comparison to a Jebao...I guess we'll see what the pricing and sizing ends up being for the 25w version.

Have just been holding off on a new pump, waiting for more info on these before making a final decision.

Seriously, Ecotech isn't making it easy on me haha

Thats exactly what that is.

Ecotech stuff is never on sale.

Now one month before the Riptide release. No accident.

I will have the features next week.

Instead of the single sided version, there will be a smaller 25W double sided version. Not expected to be released until Nov/Dec.

I appreciate your honesty with this of the December time frame for the smaller pump. It makes the decision a little bit easier to go ahead with an MP10 since they are on sale... And if the smaller riptide ends up being good I'll sell the MP10 for the one down the road. I'm going to need a pump sooner rather than later.

We can't carry Maxspect stuff at the store because the wholesale cost vs MSRP and MAP is ridiculous. Once shipping charges factor in, there is about 30$ to be made...sucks really.

CoralVue Aquarium Products

We can't carry Maxspect stuff at the store because the wholesale cost vs MSRP and MAP is ridiculous. Once shipping charges factor in, there is about 30$ to be made...sucks really.

What is the name of your store? Are you aware that we offer free shipping on orders over $500.00 and 5% additional discount on orders over $2,000.00 to retail stores? Call me on Monday.

Chris

985-607-8655

Looks as if there was a rethink of the design of the smaller pumps. Sucks that the release date for these has been pushed back...I liked the idea of one outlet for a nano in the original design, but I did wonder how on earth they found a way to balance it at high flow, secured with just a magnet.

What is the name of your store? Are you aware that we offer free shipping on orders over $500.00 and 5% additional discount on orders over $2,000.00 to retail stores? Call me on Monday.

Chris

985-607-8655

Now that you mention it, Lindsey did say something about being able to get CoralVue products direct from you guys instead of going through the shit vendor that I get my CoralVue stuff from...( cough DFW, cough)

I will have inventory manager call you

(lot of cooks in this kitchen)

The store is called The True Percula.

CharAznable

How are they sized in regards to tank sizing?

I have a 3' x 3' x 18" and I want to be able to run it horizontally in one corner. Which size would work for that application?

This being "nano"-reef, I'm sure EVERYone here wants to see a nano riptide in a nano tank. So let's see it!

I don't mean to speak for the company... but it sounds like they don't have one yet. I think they said they are looking around Christmas time.

personally I prefer the black, the transparent/blue looked cheap imo.. that said, I could see why you'd want a transparent one, plus there's nothing else like that (they're all either black or gray)..

personally I prefer the black, the transparent/blue looked cheap imo.. that said, I could see why you'd want a transparent one, plus there's nothing else like that (they're all either black or gray)..

Yeah, rimless setup viewable from all sides with white overflow - black is going to stand out like crazy. I would be using black for any other tank that already had black equipment etc. It is all situational. I don't care for the blue wheels, they could be transparent too. If they make a smoke or semi-transparent version I'd still take that over black.

I'm sorry but no, not $300. I expected $200 and I thought that would be pricey but worth it.

Early adopters will always pay a higher price, so I'll patiently wait for the first price drop and then re-evaluate.

I'm sorry but no, not $300. I expected $200 and I thought that would be pricey but worth it.

Early adopters will always pay a higher price, so I'll patiently wait for the first price drop and then re-evaluate.

the $300 one was for the one that runs up to like 4200 gph.. that's more flow than 2 mp10's...

Looks like they had to change the name from riptide to Gyre for copyright issues. I wonder when these things are going to actually come out. I have heard that even the big one that was supposed to come out in september is now going to be pushed back to october, and I assume that will cause all the small ones to be pushed back even further than nov/dec as originally thought...

Looks like they had to change the name from riptide to Gyre for copyright issues. I wonder when these things are going to actually come out. I have heard that even the big one that was supposed to come out in september is now going to be pushed back to october, and I assume that will cause all the small ones to be pushed back even further than nov/dec as originally thought...

copyright issues with what? is there something else called a riptide?

I re read and its a trademark issue...

"As we mentioned at the top, the name for this gyre generating device has been changed slightly from when it was introduced. Originally, it was called the RipTide Gyre Generator, but due to trademarking issues, the name was changed to just Gyre. We loved the name RipTide, but certainly won’t be losing any sleep over the change."

Archived