ReefCleaners.org

Maxspect RipTide

CoralVue Aquarium Products

jedimasterben

Maxspect has confirmed that they will be releasing the 35w model with a (possibly optional) cap for one end to run it single sided.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on how you have it set.

so you can set it to gyre in one direction, then after a set amount of time it'll run the opposite direction?

I'm really thinking about replacing my 2x mp10s with the 130..

ClownTriggerDude

Guys, I'm contemplating on purchasing the 300 model for my 125g mixed fish, anemone's, lps's and softies with no planned,....sps's.

Do you think it's worth the $300 or is their too many unknowns on quality and longevity, and should I wait ?

I'm just about to start assembling this new tank, which will take some time, so if it's a great water moving unit, I'd rather have it versus 4-6 power heads and a wave maker, which would be more expensive that one RipTide.

Thanks !

Kevin

Should I get XF130 for my cube which is 16x16x16"? My tank is BB and I can just mount it vertically. Really like the alternative gyre mode idea. I was thinking of getting another MP10ES but a single gyre should just job done. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Maxspect has confirmed that they will be releasing the 35w model with a (possibly optional) cap for one end to run it single sided.

Have they whispered in your ear when this end cap will become available?

jedimasterben

Have they whispered in your ear when this end cap will become available?

No, I don't have any other data on it, or even if it is still happening. IMHO it won't keep the motor balanced and is a bad idea, but I'm sure Maxspect will be testing that prior to release.

Should I get XF130 for my cube which is 16x16x16"? My tank is BB and I can just mount it vertically. Really like the alternative gyre mode idea. I was thinking of getting another MP10ES but a single gyre should just job done. :)

didn't like it on my 18"x18"x18" cube went with Tunze 6040's two of them. Just to short a distance for the gyre to move.

Archived