Coral Vue Hydros

Maxspect RipTide

CoralVue Aquarium Products

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

if its like $200 that would be pretty good. but what model would be in the $200 the one that would compete in power with the Mp40 or the smallest one starting at $200ish if its the smallest one at that price then I dont know if I would be interested

I doubt that the smaller models will be that much less expensive. The control scheme and such will be the same between models more than likely, so I wouldn't expect the smaller models to shave a lot off the pricetag.

Interzoo starts today in Germany, though, so you'll start seeing more data come forth about them. :)

Judging by the 5 models they posted this is the second to largest one. Creating whirlpools on the end of a 5 foot tank is insane!

Looks interesting, I wonder how long it would take to clean, LOL, just the way my mind works, sorry :)

Looks interesting, I wonder how long it would take to clean, LOL, just the way my mind works, sorry :)

I agree. I would hope that the clear covers on each end could unscrew/pop off and you could easily clean the props and cover

Look at the first image on coralvues site. If you zoom in on the clear covers near the motor it looks like it is threaded

JavaJacketOC

I'm going to need one of these in a nano size. Yup.

This ^^ but super nano for me please, kthx

masterbuilder

Assuming the ball has a radii of 1.9cm (.75"), it has a volume of 28.96 cubic centimeters. Volume*speed=cubic centimeters/sec. .........................

picardsigh.jpg

Just kidding...couldn't resist

Howard@Maxspect
I agree. I would hope that the clear covers on each end could unscrew/pop off and you could easily clean the props and coverLook at the first image on coralvues site. If you zoom in on the clear covers near the motor it looks like it is threaded

We are hobbyists ourselves, too, so what you worried is what we also worried, and rest assured it will be made in such a way that it will be easy to take apart and cleaned.

I want this but can't afford it :tears:

If you could afford a jebao then you could afford a Riptide, wink wink.

We are hobbyists ourselves, too, so what you worried is what we also worried, and rest assured it will be made in such a way that it will be easy to take apart and cleaned. If you could afford a jebao then you could afford a Riptide, wink wink.

I am thoroughly intrigued.

Now Im really excited to see when this comes out. If its priced that competatively I think these things may fly off the shelfs.

I like the sound of that. I cant wait till these come out. I am ready to give one a try

A WP10 is like $60 right? Very very interested in the smallest model if that price holds true. Control via iPhone is a huge plus.

NirvanaandTool

We are hobbyists ourselves, too, so what you worried is what we also worried, and rest assured it will be made in such a way that it will be easy to take apart and cleaned.

Sounding better and better.

New math this is correct I think.

Velocity*area of ping pong=volumetric velocity (cm^3/sec)

Convert to cm^3/hr

convert to GPH

The length of the unit appears to be 1 foot (31 cm) and its diameter appears tobe the same as the ball. So it takes about 7.75 balls next to eachother to cover the length of the Riptide.

GPH*7.75=GPH of pump

Undertow GPH 3620

Top Flow GPH 6495-7890

These numbers seem a lot more accurate than before. This means that there is about a 45 times turn over rate in an empty 150G tank.

jedimasterben

how much???

I wonder what the price point will be? I assume 200ish?

You're in the ballpark, significantly cheaper than the MP40.

Chris

thesmallerthebetter

These look phenomenal and you can bet i will be outfitting a couple of the smaller systems at our public aquarium with these for experimentation!

Archived