ReefCleaners.org

ETucc's Fluval Spec V ~ Nano Box!

ETucc

NanoClown

Well if my dreams become a reality I would love to take the opportunity to work in the NFL or NBA.

I absolutely love football and basketball!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played basketball in high school! I'm a Knicks fan, and a Cowboys fan... Wish we got Johnny hehe.

I'm a Steeler fan myself! Pittsburgh doesn't have a basketball team. We have the Penguins though which is really cool!

Piccolo got hungry :lol:

My New Jersey friend - Piccolo is really really cool.

You've inspired me with this video.. I shall call my Orange spotted Goby, Michelangelo.

Wish we got Johnny hehe.

No, you really don't. He is going to get KILLED in the NFL. Undersized, and his scrambling ability is going to end as a red spot on the astroturf.

No, you really don't. He is going to get KILLED in the NFL. Undersized, and his scrambling ability is going to end as a red spot on the astroturf.

I might agree with you. Another Tebow, perhaps, but Manziel's arm is wayyy better. Tebow is obviously bigger. But he's a joke now.

Idk man, a name like Johnny Football could have changed things in Dallas. We're hurting.

Sooo my Emerald Crab just stood up on its hind legs, it's stomach opened up, and it spawned a shit load of eggs... Is that bad? Are they fertilized already?! Oh dear...

Sooo my Emerald Crab just stood up on its hind legs, it's stomach opened up, and it spawned a shit load of eggs... Is that bad? Are they fertilized already?! Oh dear...

ahahaahah this is awesome.

What if you have like 200 crabs now running around.

I think fish will eat the eggs though...

A lot are just being taken into the filter. Jet doesn't care for them but I spotted Piccolo eating a bunch! I'm sure your Clowns (they need names!) would go nuts for these eggs.

A lot are just being taken into the filter. Jet doesn't care for them but I spotted Piccolo eating a bunch! I'm sure your Clowns (they need names!) would go nuts for these eggs.

Man, I'm weary of my Clowns themselves laying eggs this evening. My mind's telling me nooo, but my body.. my body, is tellin' me yeaa...

Because I'll need a bigger tank to keep the babies in.. unless they eat their own eggs.. :unsure:

TGIF!! Finally the weekend, and I can sit and look at my tank and wait for your updates haha.

Man, I'm weary of my Clowns themselves laying eggs this evening. My mind's telling me nooo, but my body.. my body, is tellin' me yeaa...

Because I'll need a bigger tank to keep the babies in.. unless they eat their own eggs.. :unsure:

TGIF!! Finally the weekend, and I can sit and look at my tank and wait for your updates haha.

I want one!

And I'm waiting for your updates!

I want a new invert as a graduation present to myself... what should I get? I saw these at my LFS for like $16. Seems doable. Max size of 3":

Orange Sea Star

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+528+581&pcatid=581

p-78842-seastar.jpg

EDIT: Although awesome, I think I need to do some more research. These guys might have too large an appetite for my tank. They aren't so hardy in small tanks.

I had a pair of clowns that laid eggs twice a month for years! If you are interested in raising some, read "Clownfishes" by Joyce D Wilkerson. She describes what you need and how to do it in great detail. I tried it once and raised about 7 baby clowns and it was a rewarding experience. Its a lot of work for about 3 weeks though so I elected never to do it again. The clown I have now is one of those babies though so he is special.

So the Jet must be starving because he's actually grazing for algae right in front of me... I love Tailspots. My YCG is being a little more adventurous this morning since he had crab caviar last night! Gonna feed them brine after I get back from the LFS. *cough* coral *cough.* Oh my... Excuse me. It's allergy season, you understand.

So the Jet must be starving because he's actually grazing for algae right in front of me... I love Tailspots. My YCG is being a little more adventurous this morning since he had crab caviar last night! Gonna feed them brine after I get back from the LFS. *cough* coral *cough.* Oh my... Excuse me. It's allergy season, you understand.

Hahaha!! Awesome.

Dude - those red starfish looks so cool. They have a ton of them at my LFS for sale too, been really curious!! If you get one - I'll get one (If can support it in my filled tank haha)

Oh man! excited to see some pictures :)

I'll have to talk to the guy about it, but he's gonna try his hardest to sell it to me, ultimately, so I'm always weary of anything anyone tells me when they're trying to get my money haha. But I do need one or 2 CUC members I think. I kinda want a Dwarf Hermit. I don't want any more snails. But I don't want him to kill my snails... Ugh.

My concern is the star plowing over my corals/ frags. I don't have TOO much room in the sand.

They're a moderate care level, don't have too big a list of requirements other than the normal stuff which we already most likely have.

However - I have no idea how to transport/ introduce them. They can't be exposed to air at all, I presume ever? So getting it from the bag from the LFS into my tank.. I don't know how since I wouldn't wanna dump the LFS's water in my tank.

My concern is the star plowing over my corals/ frags. I don't have TOO much room in the sand.

They're a moderate care level, don't have too big a list of requirements other than the normal stuff which we already most likely have.

However - I have no idea how to transport/ introduce them. They can't be exposed to air at all, I presume ever? So getting it from the bag from the LFS into my tank.. I don't know how since I wouldn't wanna dump the LFS's water in my tank.

I wouldn't worry about them "plowing." They only get to about 3". They just aren't hardy. My LFS, who never lets me down (except his minimal and overpriced frags for sale. not his fault. small place) reccommended at least a 20 gallon with a mature sand bed of at LEAST 6 months. But even then they barely live to be a year old, if that. And he reccomended acclimating them for 12 hours minimum.

So I got something else! Not a snail, crab, fish, or coral. He's an invert... Pics to come! ;)

I want one!

And I'm waiting for your updates!

I want a new invert as a graduation present to myself... what should I get? I saw these at my LFS for like $16. Seems doable. Max size of 3":

Orange Sea Star

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+528+581&pcatid=581

p-78842-seastar.jpg

EDIT: Although awesome, I think I need to do some more research. These guys might have too large an appetite for my tank. They aren't so hardy in small tanks.

I have this star in my 12x12 , and I will soon be moving it to my 90. Their diet mainly consists of the bio-film that grows on the surface of the rocks, and small tanks have a very hard time sustaining enough to keep them healthy. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it may be more of a headache than its worth.

I have this star in my 12x12 , and I will soon be moving it to my 90. Their diet mainly consists of the bio-film that grows on the surface of the rocks, and small tanks have a very hard time sustaining enough to keep them healthy. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it may be more of a headache than its worth.

That was my understanding after extensive research, and asking trusted people personally. So I went with...

Peppermint Shrimp: CORY :P

http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/Etucc8/media/IMAG0491_zpsearsibhx.jpg.html'>IMAG0491_zpsearsibhx.jpg

He's already consuming fish poo and some leftover pellet, which Blenny the Jet was eating! So happy.

That was my understanding after extensive research, and asking trusted people personally. So I went with...

Peppermint Shrimp: CORY :P

He's already consuming fish poo and some leftover pellet, which Blenny the Jet was eating! So happy.

Nice man!! I was on the fence between a Peppermint or a Pistol when I got mine. Peppermints eat aiptasia which is cool. However, I opted for the Pistol simply because I had a spotted goby that I had hopes he would pair with. I'm glad I did since they're best friends haha!

Love the peppermint!!

Nice man!! I was on the fence between a Peppermint or a Pistol when I got mine. Peppermints eat aiptasia which is cool. However, I opted for the Pistol simply because I had a spotted goby that I had hopes he would pair with. I'm glad I did since they're best friends haha!

I was originally thinking about a peppermint as one of the guys at my LFS has one in his tank at home and he loves it, but I'm more leaning towards the pistol now for the same reason as you, I plan to get a Randalls goby and want them to be best friends :wub:

Archived