ReefCleaners.org

ETucc's Fluval Spec V ~ Nano Box!

ETucc

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm blacking out my lights today to see if it has any effect on my algae, though I have seen it die off naturally. Once my Conch found the algae on the rock, he's in heaven. My only concern right now is if my Tailspot will eat. He looks just as fat as he did in the LFS. Maybe he's grazing on algae while no one is around during the day? I'm not sure if any of the Poo is from him hehe.

I hope so! I'm going to my LFS tomorrow to get some new food. I just never see The Jet out of his cave... He seems so scared and unhappy. I almost want to trade him back to the store :( maybe I'm just overreacting. I just don't wanna hurt anyone. My YCG, Piccolo, is still hiding. This is so frustrating...

Just let them chill dude, its only been like 3 days lol. I say this and I'll prolly be ranting about the same thing when I get fish. And get that garlic bro or make your own.

Those of you that have been paying attention know that I had trouble getting The Jet to eat. Well...

http://youtu.be/Ha2wnZx1CVo

FROZEN BRINE SHRIMP

I'm so happy... Piccolo the YCG hasn't seemed to be enticed by it. I think he's still scared from when the Blenny was rough with him. Since I messed around with my rock, The Jet seems less territorial. It's only day 2 for Piccolo, so I'll cross his fussy-eating bridge when it gets down to crunch time. Right now Blenny "The Jet" Rodriguez is full of brine and my mind is at peace. :happy:

Thank you everyone!

Oh man I can't watch the video while at work :(

But.. when I'm home I will have to. Can't wait to see - glad he's getting fat now hahaha!

FlowerMama

I just love tailspots. They always give that look from the hole like "you can't see me!!!" like he thinks he has something on you. Mine will rest behind an astrea and give that secretive, cool, fbi agent look.

Oh man I can't watch the video while at work :(

But.. when I'm home I will have to. Can't wait to see - glad he's getting fat now hahaha!

You definitely get to see his antics! He started exploring more once the feeding went on so I'll be getting a better video next feeding, I'm sure of it! But I hope you enjoy this one.

I just love tailspots. They always give that look from the hole like "you can't see me!!!" like he thinks he has something on you. Mine will rest behind an astrea and give that secretive, cool, fbi agent look.

I'm astounded at how intelligent they are. I readjusted my rock so there's more space underneath for him to create little cave paths and he immediately did just that. He dug out a little basement pad for himself B)

He seems so much more comfortable! I'm happy :happydance:

Pic-co-looooo!

IMAG0487_zpso2qbzb6l.jpg

I really hope he warms up! I think my Blenny The Jet is fine now. But I gotta worry about Piccolo now!

Toybuddha

New fish usually take several days to a week or more to get used to your tank. It's normal and nothing to worry about. I have a YCG and a Tailspot, there both really great fish.

Hooray! Glad everyone is eating!

Thank you! I gotta do a water change today. Nitrates were at 5ppm last night and I'm sure this second feeding didn't help those levels.

And thank you for all of your behind-the-scenes advice! My angel hahahaha :blush:

So I did a 2 gallon WC today. I'm really bad at balancing out the salinity, I don't know why. I always add too much salt, apparently, but I'm using a Pyrex measuring cup (is there one more accurate? I think not.) It says on the IO Reef Crystals Box that 1/2 cup of salt per gallon would give you 1.021 SG... So I added a little more to get my desired 1.025. I'm bringing the water to 76/77* F. The readings were above 1.040!

Anyway, I leveled things out and my sandbed looks tons better.

Now I gotta figure out why my College is holding my diploma! Methinks it has something to do with this library book, published in 1971, that I have had sitting in my closet for months :D

NanoClown

what I didnt know you were just about ready to graduate :o

what did you majoring in?

Im currently 3 semesters away from getting my degree as well :happy:

I'm graduating with a Bachelors in the Arts for Sociology and Anthropology! Not a double major, they're both under one school of thought at the Richard Stockton College of NJ ;)

NanoClown

Congrats!

I'll be graduating from my university with my bachelors in Kinesiology (with an emphasis on Sport Management), I'll also be getting a Business Administration minor.

That's awesome dude! My buddy is doing something similar to that as well. What are your favorite sports?

Archived