Innovative Marine Aquariums

ETucc's Fluval Spec V ~ Nano Box!

ETucc

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

UPDATES:

As of right now, nothing in my tank has changed, besides the fact that I've lost a trochus snail to suicide, as well as my Tailspot Blenny, the Jet :( But my YCG Piccolo is alive and well! He'll be getting a new friend this week.

I fell on hard times, money wise, and I was anticipating a move, so I held off on any corals. Sorry for the hiatus, but I'm back in the game, baby. I look forward to hearing from all of you, and I hope we can be great friends again, even though I was not! :)

Hey Evan, welcome back! I've missed you. Sorry to hear about Blenny the jet but anxious to see pics of Piccolo and any new friends that are acquired. Good to hear from you!!!

Evan my friend!!!!!!!!! So good to hear from you man, glad you're still hanging in there and great to hear things are still okay in your tank despite the losses. Sorry to hear about the jumper too man, my clown passed a few weeks ago too actually.

Looking forward to the things to come man and hope everything remains well in life for you!!

welcome back! now show us some pics =P

Yah yah where's the pics Evan? Ninja and I have waited so long... Look, he's already getting antsy waiting!!!! Hahaha

Welcome back Evan! Missed ya bud.

Sorry to hear about your Tailspot Blenny, mine actually jumped as well not too long ago :(

I really gotta get my PC running, I hate that I can't quote! I'll give you pics tomorrow after I bring home Piccolo's friend ;) Plus, my lil yellow baby-boy is taking his shleeps. I need to clean it up a bit and do a WC tomorrow and some testing. I haven't tested or changed my water in at least a month... But no algae blooms or deaths attributed to foul water!

I had to put Evan under moderation for a while, but his tank is doing OK.

Try not to have soo much fun, this is serious and I am a crusty old fool.

I should have told you to put a piece of plexiglass over the hole in the Spec V with a tailspot. I used to have one in my old open top tank and he jumped out as well. I have plexi over my spec V and it works great, especially with evaporation. I only lose two or three ounces a day now.

Thanks lecroj! I think I'll get a top just for the reduced top-offs. And thank you, 1stimereefer, Kijho made it for me. Praise him, not me ;) But I have a new addition! Meet Gemma! :)

IMG_20140827_224631246_zpsm6omfvnv.jpg

IMG_20140827_224621596_zpsku4ai0o4.jpg

IMG_20140827_224418678_HDR_zpsnvpkgi5m.j

I like their colors together. Very nice. My ycg though was more shy with getting food, the others would get it before her so watch that w/ the damsel, they don't care going in for the food regardless what's around- even a mantis, thus, I lost that yellowtail damsel to the mantis. survival of the fittest and smartest right there.

I could have gotten a Yellow-Tail, but I know all Blue Damsels are female, and I wanted a baby girl :) Piccolo hangs out in the top-right corner of the tank when he's hungry, and I hand feed him pellets ;) I should take a video! Thank you, but the two are getting along swimmingly and I don't see feeding being an issue. Gemma seems calm and comfortable, and she's eaten pellets today, already! It took me over a week to get Blenny the Jet and Piccolo to eat ANYTHING back then, and it was nerve wracking...

Thank you vlangel! I can't wait to add some coral frags and spruce things up, but the LFS's around me are either too expensive, or their corals aren't healthy enough for my liking... I was hoping things would change with these businesses after my hiatus from the hobby, but sadly this did not happen.

I don't know why I've never heard of Ultimate Coral... Jackson is less than an hour from me. Thanks kylhcky, I'll check em out!

I don't know why I've never heard of Ultimate Coral... Jackson is less than an hour from me. Thanks kylhcky, I'll check em out!

i bought a torch anenome from him about 2 months ago with two mouths and they were like 50% split. now it's 4 mouths and id say about 25% split into 4. only set me back like $30

i think im def going to hop on his labor day sale

Archived