Top Shelf Aquatics

ETucc's Fluval Spec V ~ Nano Box!

ETucc

Get a different Pistol than Kijho's Tiger Pistol! They sell so many unique ones. Do some research! That's my fave. I read about Peppermint Shrimp for hours last night... hehe. :)

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't sound like a champagne drinking guy, more like a scotch kinda guy.

But look at that classy picture with his tie and intelligent glasses. Fancy... hahahaha

Thanks everyone! I like Vodka and Bourbon on the regular, and the ever-trusty Budweiser. I drank those tonight. Champagne on certain occasions. I went to Atlantic City tonight with this girl I met. Congruent with the rest of my life as of late, we hit it off really well only for her to tell me she's moving to Los Angeles in 2 weeks. I can't make this up, people. I'm annoyed haha... :(

I love more girls... Any who, I'm off to work now but I'm happy to say that my fish are as comfortable as ever in my tank right now. My YCG has taken over my tank, begging for attention from the loads of people that come through my house each day. He even hosts my Cobalt heater in my display... Haha. It brings me so much happiness. Both Blenny The Jet and Piccolo are eating the $15 pellets and go crazy for them, and the Brine Shrimp! Pics later! NEW FTS! :)

Snow_Phoenix

IMAG0501_zpszz6k5co4.jpg

;)

Looks a little thin, but still stunning all the same. Did you check if it eats pellets or mysis readily before purchasing it? They're notorious fussy eaters the first time around, but pretty decent once they're hooked on pellets or mysis. :)

He's eating everything I throw at him. He's only a baby. He's barely 3/4 of an inch long right now. I'll get him fat, he just started hosting out from underneath the rock for the first time last night.

Dude!! That pic is AWESOME!! It's looking so good man! Love that texture on the rock too!

Thanks man! I wish I knew what the skeleton is made up of. I know its definitely a genuine exotic coral skeleton, i'm just not sure which species it had been. Very cool indeed B) I was actually jealous of your rock. Maybe we could swap frags and diversify our tanks. Your rock is much more mature but mine will be more beautiful soon enough!

Sure looks better than my YCG.

Thank you! but I'm sorry to hear that. :( Your YCG definitely has more competition when it comes to eating, and space for territory marking. I hope it gets nice and plump! Mine seems to love frozen brine. He eats pellets too.

For those who don't know anything about this species, YCG's are highly territorial, and rather than becoming agressive toward other species, it just becomes stressed and develops a poor appetite. Most often these small fish will die of starvation more than anything else in a reef tank where competition is too much for it.

YCG's also have the ability to change their sex/gender on a whim. Their bright yellow color aids in warning off predators. It also secretes a poisonous slime that is awful tasting. This slime, marine biologists have confirmed, actually kills red blood cells in the animal which tried to eat the YCG! Nuts man. They're unique when compared with other Gobies as they do not burrow in the sand. They are known as Coral Gobies because they live amongst Acropora located near the Japanese island of Okinawa. This is where they get their Latin name Gobiodon okinawae.

There are other species of Coral Gobies, like the Green Clown Goby, but I've noticed that the behavior of the Yellow Clown Goby is still unique. GCG's are usually resting in the sand at the 10 LFS' I've been to in the area. YCG's are almost always in view, amongst rock, or in the water column if rock is not present in the store's tank in which it resides.

FlowerMama

What a cute name! Karat. Clever too, I might add! :)

She's a sweetheart like most gobies seem to be.

FlowerMama

What a cutie. Mine is less of a light yellow and more of a darker yellow but it might just be the Kessil or something, I don't know. Mine doesn't look right but I did get her from Live Aquaria.

Mine is already gaining weight. He is so much easier to feed now that he hosts on top of the rock! Gonna do some water testing tomorrow.

Archived