Cultivated Reef

ETucc's Fluval Spec V ~ Nano Box!

ETucc

It sucks I can't quote when I'm using my mobile phone... I shake the shit out of Nitrate bottle #2 hahaha. I don't want any errors!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sucks I can't quote when I'm using my mobile phone... I shake the shit out of Nitrate bottle #2 hahaha. I don't want any errors!

FTS's tonight!!! I'll be posting a bunch up hopefully!

My yellow clown goby, ycg, was timid at first, then he was a around a bossier 6-line wrasse so she became more bold, she did though nip at my pocililopora and it died. My concern is because it has polyps it could nip on it.

My tank looks so blah still... Still a lot of algae on my rock

Patience and good husbandry will see it right, Evan

-Evan

See what I did there?

I liked what you did there... Did you see what I did there?

By the time I get back from Florida on Friday, my tank will kook much different. I wish I had another Cerith... Saturday after I return... And possibly a fish?! Who knows :)

I liked what you did there... Did you see what I did there? By the time I get back from Florida on Friday, my tank will kook much different. I wish I had another Cerith... Saturday after I return... And possibly a fish?! Who knows :)

The anticipation is gonna kill me!

+1 to tailspot but i think 5 gallons is too small for bicolor blenny or royal gamma.

You may be right, I forgot this tank was 5g, (was thinking it was 10g). Well, then perhaps a cute little clown goby would work or citron goby.

I love the Citron Gobies! Tailspot Blennies are amazing, and I love the fact that they eat algae, but I'm wondering how well my Nassarius Snail will fair without any meaty deitrus from an omnivore such as a YCG? Will the deitrus from vegetable based foods suffice for my scavenging snails? Tailspots are herbivorous fish, and eat no meaty foods.

I think a tailspot although predominantly an herbivore would eat frozen brine with spirolina at least once in awhile. Most of my fish are omnivores so I feed as diverse a diet as I can.

ninjamyst

I love the Citron Gobies! Tailspot Blennies are amazing, and I love the fact that they eat algae, but I'm wondering how well my Nassarius Snail will fair without any meaty deitrus from an omnivore such as a YCG? Will the deitrus from vegetable based foods suffice for my scavenging snails? Tailspots are herbivorous fish, and eat no meaty foods.

i think u r over thinking it =P.

Story of my life mah ninja! I'm ridiculous. Tailspots could be hard to find, but I think I want one. My rock scape is perfect for one... So many twists and little caves... The Blenny would love it!

+1 on the tailspot blenny. That's what I'm planning on putting in my tank. A couple red spotted trimma gobies would be cool too if I could ever find them. Or both :D

I'll be adding CUC members tomorrow morning! Definitely a Cerith, and a Banded Trochus if I can find one of those too! Maybe a CORAL?!

Def getting IO Reef Crystals, as I am out.

I really want that Blenny... He'd help clean up my tank, as it looks like shit with algae right now, hence the CUC reinforcements!

Ohhhhhhh man! Jealous! :D Gotta take pics even if you have algae. Who cares, I wanna see that fish!

He's hiding right now! The first thing he did was eat some of the green algae off of the back of my Fighting Conch's shell! I was gonna get a toothbrush and do that myself, but it seems to be his favorite algae in the tank so far! :lol:

http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/Etucc8/media/IMAG0450_zps6tnuqndt.jpg.html'>IMAG0450_zps6tnuqndt.jpg

I'll be sure to get WAY better pics once he gets used to his new home!

I also got this nice Trochus Snail! He's got purple corralline algae all over his shell, which is awesome, but I'm having a hard time determining if he's a Banded Trochus, because of it.

http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/Etucc8/media/IMAG0453_zpsy5qzzfap.jpg.html'>IMAG0453_zpsy5qzzfap.jpg

The Latin name was Trochus sp. at the LFS, which is the same as the Banded Trochus on LiveAquaria, but I wanna be sure, as I think the Banded Trochus is the only type of this snail which CAN right itself if it falls over. I don't want to have to deal with dead, dumb snails if I can help it, which is why the rest of my CUC is self sufficient and doesn't have this problem!

Help ID'ing?

He's beautiful... So healthy when I saw him in the LFS. I would have paid $50 just because he was the only one, and I didn't want anyone to have Blenny "The Jet" Rodriguez B)

http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/Etucc8/media/IMAG0454_zpsnjndnriw.jpg.html'>IMAG0454_zpsnjndnriw.jpg

Should I worry about not having a lid for the time being? No one is going to bother him, scare him, or chase him into darting and jumping, as he is the only fish.

Yay! Such a cool fish. Can't wait to get one. Wish I could pick mine out but I'm gonna have to order online, closest LFS is and hour and a half away in Pittsburgh.I'm kinda worried about fish jumping out of the tank too after reading about all these fish committing suicide in Specs. I'd get something to cover it up if it doesn't look all ghetto. Maybe some eggcrate or have a piece of acrylic cut idk. So glad you got a fish!!!

I would definitely cover the tank. Blennies and gobies are awful that way and nothing worse than finding your darling all dried up on the floor!

I would definitely cover the tank. Blennies and gobies are awful that way and nothing worse than finding your darling all dried up on the floor!

Just destroyed one of my window screens in a panic, for the life of Blenny The Jet. :lockdown: No escaping for him now.

Yay! Such a cool fish. Can't wait to get one. Wish I could pick mine out but I'm gonna have to order online, closest LFS is and hour and a half away in Pittsburgh.I'm kinda worried about fish jumping out of the tank too after reading about all these fish committing suicide in Specs. I'd get something to cover it up if it doesn't look all ghetto. Maybe some eggcrate or have a piece of acrylic cut idk. So glad you got a fish!!!

Thanks buddy! I got my tank lid handled.

And dude, go East, not West! Is Wheeling closer to Pittsburgh than Maryland? You'll find more fish stores near the beach... seriously.

Just destroyed one of my window screens in a panic, for the life of Blenny The Jet. :lockdown: No escaping for him now.

So sorry, I didn't mean to make you panic. I just didn't want you to wake up to a tragedy. Blenny the Jet is adorable.

And dude, go East, not West! Is Wheeling closer to Pittsburgh than Maryland? You'll find more fish stores near the beach... seriously.

treborzelev

What do u mean handled? Is the lid on or off +1 on needing the lid on at all times or he will jump.

Archived