Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ETucc's Fluval Spec V ~ Nano Box!

ETucc

I can just picture you ripping off a window screen like a madman lol. I live in the panhandle so Ohios 10 minutes west, PA's 15 minutes east and Marylands a long ways away.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good! Can't wait to see more pics of the blenny :)

Hopefully tomorrow he'll start grazing on top of the rock and exloring more! I love him... :wub:

I can just picture you ripping off a window screen like a madman lol. I live in the panhandle so Ohios 10 minutes west, PA's 15 minutes east and Marylands a long ways away.

I'm embarassed to take a picture haha. I measured the dimensions then cut it custom. I then put a pair of chopsticks (one on each side) on the ends, and voila! A temporary screen. I like the simplicity of it though. I'm going to make a better one out of sturdier materials.

The Scroll Lid

patent pending

My dude!! Things are looking awesome in your Spec!!

Really great work man, that little baby Blenny looks really cool!! He loves his home!

Peeking out of the rock, love the photos.

Keep us updated man!

FlowerMama

I love my tailspot too. Mine learned from my 6line to steal food from the acans and rock flowers. Now w/ the 6line deceased he is actually a little more social and swimming around again and not feeling like he has to rush to get the food like the 6line. Mine would most of the time pick off pods and whatever off the rocks but he couldn't pass up the opportunity if something different was in the water column.

Hows that emerald crab doing? Ive been thinking about getting one once my tank is cycled. You liking him?

My Emerald is awesome! He's a bit shy, and he's missing two legs on his right side, but he's doing great so far! He waves like an old man at my Tailspot when he swims into his cave, It's pretty funny.

I have New Era Aquaculture Marine Pellets. I figured he'd get enough of an algae diet from then algae in my tank? He did taste some of the pellet food but my Nassarius scared him.off of it before he could get more than a little bite (whole pellet pieces are WAY too big for his mouth.) I want to feed him sparingly until he starts to graze and look for food, too. He made a little burrow and is actually taking sand pebbles out of the cave with his mouth. I didn't know they did! My Blenny seems to be doing well overall so far.

And I think my Trochus will take care of that long hair algae. He seems to be eating it. Plus, I can see that it's becoming white at the roots in most spots, and seems to be dying off by itself; a good sign! :)

NanoClown

Glad to see your tank is coming together!

Your blenny looks very cool, I also happened to pick up a tailspot blenny yesterday. So far mines has been pretty shy but I have caught him picking algea off my rocks. He should be acclimating well to his new tank

BRS has a YouTube video of an easy DIY screen top with the materials used in making a screen door replacement from Home Despot. I just bought them for my own tank since I am using a glass top and that's not idea.

Thanks NanoClown and vlangel!

What does everyone think of me adding a Yellow Clown Goby this week?! And another Snail :)

NanoClown

A yellow clown goby would be a great addition! ( I thought of getting one myself before I took in my rescue clown)

+1 on the YCG! They're so tiny and look so cool. If I didn't want the shrimp/orange spotted pair I'd have done a YCG!

If my algae clears up this week (it should. My Trochus and Cerith must've been starving last night hehe) you may see my first coral or two!

If my algae clears up this week (it should. My Trochus and Cerith must've been starving last night hehe) you may see my first coral or two!

Any hints ???

Since you brought the Hammer down on us, I might have to "Torch this place" or... "Spawn with Frogs?" I think that last bit needs some tweaking... Anyway, those are your hints! ;)

Since you brought the Hammer down on us, I might have to "Torch this place" or... "Spawn with Frogs?" I think that last bit needs some tweaking... Anyway, those are your hints! ;)

I need more corals now..........

And I thought cigarettes and coffee were addicting...

So I found my Tailspot Blenny camouflaged and sleeping in the corner of the tank, OUTSIDE of his cave last night! He had little to no color and had white tiger-like stripes! I never knew they did that! What an incredible creation this fish is... I would have snapped a pic but I want him to feel safe! Pics to come...

YCG are one of my favorite fish! Unfortunately, I'll probably add some SPS later down the line and I've heard they mess with the polyps. I don't want no fish eatin my shiz.

FlowerMama

Yeah, the tailspot will have white stripes on him when he's in either more a sleeping mode or stressed out mode.

Best $7 I ever spent. Caught him on the rock for the first time ever. I think that hair algae is gonna be toast. He puts Turbo s to shame...

IMAG0463_zpsnldlvkin.jpg

Is that the fighting conch? I'm thinking about getting one of them in my cuc if I can find one

Which is that guy? (Sorry I'm noob!)

Fighting Conch: Strombus alatus

My favorite!

Is that the fighting conch? I'm thinking about getting one of them in my cuc if I can find one

Yep! I found out what a Conch was in the first place because I ate some! I'm Italian and we eat a species of Conch, also known as Scungilli. Nassarius snails are actually part of the Conch Family ;)

How big does this conch get? I know nothing about them.

They grow to about 4 inches in adult size.

I bet you've seen these in the OBX before!

320px-Strombus_alatus_Gmelin%2C_1791_201

Archived