Coral Vue Hydros

ETucc's Fluval Spec V ~ Nano Box!

ETucc

What you feeding him dude? I'm noticing one of my clowns is becoming fussy with the pellets... My goby also seems a bit bored with mysis which he used to chase around now he doesn't really... I think he waits for it to settle then goes picking it out ..

Thinking of trying some new food for a change up on them

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so ####ing embarrassed... My Nitrates were over 40ppm today. My Emerald Crab was dead (the girl had to be full size, and has been turning white/less green over the past two weeks. She even had a brood of babies last week, if you remember) and I think this may have been the cause of the high nitrates. However, she was alive last night and could have only been dead in the tank for 6 hours, tops.

I have been feeding somewhat heavy, trying to fatten up my fish, but I was warned about the dirtiness of the Brine Shrimp. I'm finally finding the right amount of frozen brine cube to slice off for each feeding. I feel like 1 whole cube could feed 40-50 fish... I've been slicing off too much it seems, plus the pellets I feed too. I've done a water change so I'm hoping my parameters become safer and I don't lose anyone else :( I'm upset about my Emerald...

What you feeding him dude? I'm noticing one of my clowns is becoming fussy with the pellets... My goby also seems a bit bored with mysis which he used to chase around now he doesn't really... I think he waits for it to settle then goes picking it out .. Thinking of trying some new food for a change up on them

I use New Era Aquaculture Marine Pellets. I would reccomend the flakes for you buddy!

http://www.new-era-aquaculture.com/fish-food/marine-range

Marine-Flakes%20150px.png

They're on the expensive side, but its the highest quality stuff I've seen. It's got fish, krill, mussel, squid, and shrimp as the first ingredients. All the Aquariums in NJ, and many all over the world I've learned, are using this feeding regiment as an all-in-one diet for their attractions. (besides sharks and such, of course!) It's made in the United Kingdom. I wouldn't feed Blenny The Jet of Piccolo anything else now. They look so healthy already. I guarantee your Pistol will thank you! My Conch, Shrimp, and my late Emerald Crab all loved the stuff, too.

Hey ET, congrats on graduation! Very cool. Sorry about the emerald crab. It may not have been the nitrates although some inverts are sensitive. I'm happy to hear how well everyone else is doing. So when do we get to see pics of pudgy little fish?

Piccolo is self conscious about his weight ;) I'll post pics when he's a little fatter! Thank you angel. And thank you cswan! I'll be getting another emerald probably, a nice and small one haha.

I was in the Catskills this weekend out in the wilderness with no technology or electricity! My fish must miss me. I hope my sump isn't running dry...

So I tested for nitrates and they were very high, again. I did a 2.5 gallon WC. Ever since I've been in the mountains, I can't sleep past 6 AM... <_<

I think I might stop feeding brine altogether and see what happens with my nitrates. My YCG Piccolo eats the pellets I have, but I'm just worried if he's getting enough pieces. He seems to beg for food on top of the rock, and even sticks himself to the front side of the glass when I walk near it! Once he eats, Piccolo seems to go back under the rock. I'm thinking he does this when he's had his little fill. :lol: And he does this during pellet feeding too, not just during brine feeding.

The Jet eats just about anything, really... No need to worry about him. He looks like a fish model, he's so healthy hahaha.

I think I'm going to threat myself to a baby Emerald Crab once the LFS opens in an hour! B)

I hope I see a reasonably priced frag there... I need to give you guys/girls something to look at!

Here are pics from my weekend!

My friend Jeff's (left) Great Great Grandfather came to America from Germany in 1890, and purchased 164 acres of land! The house was built in 1904. Electricity for the fridge runs on propane gas, but it's filled with wood stoves for heat, kerosene lamps, and no bathroom... :D We cooked on the open fire mostly, but had a propane grill as well. Surprisingly there was cellular service up there, but very spotty and no way to charge a device since there were no modern outlets! Some of my friends charged theirs in the cars. I chose not to :)

http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/Etucc8/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0524_zps0miw61nu.jpg.html'>IMAG0524_zps0miw61nu.jpg

http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/Etucc8/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0506_zps4kvqstuv.jpg.html'>IMAG0506_zps4kvqstuv.jpg

http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/Etucc8/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0517_zpslxgiuh3p.jpg.html'>IMAG0517_zpslxgiuh3p.jpg

http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/Etucc8/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0527_zps3ixcbzsf.jpg.html'>IMAG0527_zps3ixcbzsf.jpg

http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/Etucc8/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0522_zpsdjhydihz.jpg.html'>IMAG0522_zpsdjhydihz.jpg

http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/Etucc8/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0528_zpswlwt6v0c.jpg.html'>IMAG0528_zpswlwt6v0c.jpg

http://s1032.photobucket.com/user/Etucc8/media/IMAG0532_zpsdvan0weo.jpg.html'>IMAG0532_zpsdvan0weo.jpg

Dude that looks awesome.. and perhaps haunted.

It's definitely haunted. No one slept inside. So damned scary, dude... My eyes are tearing up just typing this...

Is that your conch in the very first pic of your tank, on the rock? Or just a big nass snail? Either way its pretty cool looking! I like the snails that have the little snorkel like thing haha

treborzelev

I'm so ####ing embarrassed... My Nitrates were over 40ppm today. My Emerald Crab was dead (the girl had to be full size, and has been turning white/less green over the past two weeks. She even had a brood of babies last week, if you remember) and I think this may have been the cause of the high nitrates. However, she was alive last night and could have only been dead in the tank for 6 hours, tops.

I have been feeding somewhat heavy, trying to fatten up my fish, but I was warned about the dirtiness of the Brine Shrimp. I'm finally finding the right amount of frozen brine cube to slice off for each feeding. I feel like 1 whole cube could feed 40-50 fish... I've been slicing off too much it seems, plus the pellets I feed too. I've done a water change so I'm hoping my parameters become safer and I don't lose anyone else :( I'm upset about my Emerald...

I use New Era Aquaculture Marine Pellets. I would reccomend the flakes for you buddy!

http://www.new-era-aquaculture.com/fish-food/marine-range

Marine-Flakes%20150px.png

They're on the expensive side, but its the highest quality stuff I've seen. It's got fish, krill, mussel, squid, and shrimp as the first ingredients. All the Aquariums in NJ, and many all over the world I've learned, are using this feeding regiment as an all-in-one diet for their attractions. (besides sharks and such, of course!) It's made in the United Kingdom. I wouldn't feed Blenny The Jet of Piccolo anything else now. They look so healthy already. I guarantee your Pistol will thank you! My Conch, Shrimp, and my late Emerald Crab all loved the stuff, too.

Whaddup! Can you think of any other reasons the emerald may have passed? Other parameters perhaps? 40 really is not that high honestly. Also have you thought about something other than the emerald? They can get kind of annoying in such a small tank. For me shrimp and hermits do the emeralds job with a lot less fuss.

Is that your conch in the very first pic of your tank, on the rock? Or just a big nass snail? Either way its pretty cool looking! I like the snails that have the little snorkel like thing haha

That is a Tonga Nassarius. They're a little bigger than local Nassarius snails in the Atlantic and Gulf.

Whaddup! Can you think of any other reasons the emerald may have passed? Other parameters perhaps? 40 really is not that high honestly. Also have you thought about something other than the emerald? They can get kind of annoying in such a small tank. For me shrimp and hermits do the emeralds job with a lot less fuss.

Did it molt? Not enough calcium if it didn't. That could cause serious issues with its body. Could just be old age. I don't know how long they live but I'm guessing not much more than a year. Depending how long it was in the LFS blah blah blah... You get the idea. Those chances are slim though. for $7-$8 it's not that big of a deal to me :)

• 2 weeks later...
treborzelev

That is a Tonga Nassarius. They're a little bigger than local Nassarius snails in the Atlantic and Gulf.

Did it molt? Not enough calcium if it didn't. That could cause serious issues with its body. Could just be old age. I don't know how long they live but I'm guessing not much more than a year. Depending how long it was in the LFS blah blah blah... You get the idea. Those chances are slim though. for $7-$8 it's not that big of a deal to me :)

Idk I would be more interested in testing other parameters that may have killed him...usually they live for a long time. no big

Archived