Coral Vue Hydros

Isla D'Zoa

Paandemonium

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paandemonium

The way to go!

Dont get me wrong, I love my Radion but I want something with more spread + T5s give some great color

Bulb suggestions? I'm going for a blue/ magenta-ish look

I'd rather pay my taxes than get hit with a 20k fee(happened to one of the local hobby sellers down here), had an undercover cop come in to see his frag room, had him admit that he was selling a lot and then bam fined.

Yeah same here, just aint worth it. Legit is the way to roll ;)

I think thats only if you're doing the importing yourself and if you are collecting, thus far I haven't really found anything about needing specific licenses for corals apart from a resell license.

Yeah I wasn't sure, I know I have seen different places (I thought one was an "aquaculture facility") that advertised they had their FL whatever license..... I think they were also importers so that may have been it as well tho. If I come across it again I will let ya know so you can look into if it is something you need/ should be concerned with getting as well.

Dont get me wrong, I love my Radion but I want something with more spread + T5s give some great color

Bulb suggestions? I'm going for a blue/ magenta-ish look

If its mostly just for supplimentation I would go old school like supplimenting MH with a 2 bulb retro.. for your color you could go with ATI Blue + and ATI Purple + or the color or coral + (i forget, it was just coming out when I got into LEDs so I never ran it personally) but the purple + will probably be the better bet for the more blueish/magenta look, and obviously you can blue the LEDs up a bit more to achieve more of the look you want ;)

Nanofreak79
Thoughts on LED with T5 supplementation?
I'm for it. I think that's the way to go, IMO. Better growth and less shading.

I'm using four bulbs, but I'd do either purple plus, and blue plus together. Or coral plus bulbs and blue plus. I do one Fiji purple, which is close to the purple plus, and three blue plus. Makes all the coral really "pop" and have good coloration.

Paandemonium

Yeah same here, just aint worth it. Legit is the way to roll ;)

Yeah I wasn't sure, I know I have seen different places (I thought one was an "aquaculture facility") that advertised they had their FL whatever license..... I think they were also importers so that may have been it as well tho. If I come across it again I will let ya know so you can look into if it is something you need/ should be concerned with getting as well.

You can call yourself an aquaculture facility to look "greener" IMO its only been used to charge more. There are plenty of people that would count as an aquaculture facility but dont feel like filling out the paperwork. Reallly all you need is a wholesale and resell license(unless you're going out and fishing the stuff out of the ocean). I asked one of my Fish and Game friends and one of the guys from the Florida business thing and they said I should be fine.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves though, all I really have right now is an app for a wholesale license(which should get approved) and the possibility to take a little bit of the Miami/ east coast market. The west coast gets stuff 1000000000x better than what we get here

If its mostly just for supplimentation I would go old school like supplimenting MH with a 2 bulb retro.. for your color you could go with ATI Blue + and ATI Purple + or the color or coral + (i forget, it was just coming out when I got into LEDs so I never ran it personally) but the purple + will probably be the better bet for the more blueish/magenta look, and obviously you can blue the LEDs up a bit more to achieve more of the look you want ;)

Well its a unit and it comes with 4 bulbs so lets cross them fingers

I'm for it. I think that's the way to go, IMO. Better growth and less shading.

I'm using four bulbs, but I'd do either purple plus, and blue plus together. Or coral plus bulbs and blue plus. I do one Fiji purple, which is close to the purple plus, and three blue plus. Makes all the coral really "pop" and have good coloration.

It'd be four bulbs, are blue + really "blue"

Always wanted to give those a shot just to get the shimmer and extra pop from the led.

I really just want the spread

If I wasn't too lazy (and cheap) that's what I'd do. Instead I'm lazy and cheap, so I went with LED.

They're really not that bad, maybe $400 for the fixture? The radion was a bit more

I don't understand why you are stressing getting a business license (which is all that is required from wholesalers)?? It may be different in Fl, but in Tx it takes all of 5 minutes and $12. That was by far the easiest step in the process when I was just getting going.

Paandemonium

Yeah but it's the bulb replacement...

Ugh almost forgot >.>

I don't understand why you are stressing getting a business license (which is all that is required from wholesalers)?? It may be different in Fl, but in Tx it takes all of 5 minutes and $12. That was by far the easiest step in the process when I was just getting going.

$130-$200 down in this crapper

Plus a resell which is optional but no whole seller will take you if you don't have one

You also have to renovate it yearly for $150ish

On the bright side many sellers down here don't have a buy in

Ugh almost forgot >.>

Plus a resell which is optional but no whole seller will take you if you don't have one

All wholesalers want to see is a tax ID #.

You can call yourself an aquaculture facility to look "greener" IMO its only been used to charge more. There are plenty of people that would count as an aquaculture facility but dont feel like filling out the paperwork. Reallly all you need is a wholesale and resell license(unless you're going out and fishing the stuff out of the ocean). I asked one of my Fish and Game friends and one of the guys from the Florida business thing and they said I should be fine.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves though, all I really have right now is an app for a wholesale license(which should get approved) and the possibility to take a little bit of the Miami/ east coast market. The west coast gets stuff 1000000000x better than what we get here

Unless you are looking to become a wholesaler/ importer I don't think you even need the wholesale license to be honest.

Well its a unit and it comes with 4 bulbs so lets cross them fingers

Are you running the radion + 4 bulbs, sounds like a bit much unless its an acro tank lol

Anyways 4 bulbs I would go 3 blue+ and 1 purple + (or fiji purple), or the coral + and that should give you about as close to a blue/magenta look as you can get with 4 bulbs IMO

It'd be four bulbs, are blue + really "blue"

Yes, Aquablue specials are white, blue+ are blue ;)

And some want to see that you are a brick and mortar store, but most don't particularly care about that. As long as you have a tax ID # and money, they will gladly take it.

Unless you are looking to become a wholesaler/ importer I don't think you even need the wholesale license to be honest.

Right.

And if you get to that level you also need CITES.

Paandemonium

Are you running the radion + 4 bulbs, sounds like a bit much unless its an acro tank lol

Anyways 4 bulbs I would go 3 blue+ and 1 purple + (or fiji purple), or the coral + and that should give you about as close to a blue/magenta look as you can get with 4 bulbs IMO

Yes, Aquablue specials are white, blue+ are blue ;)

Nah it's a whole new unit with LEDs and bulbs built in :)

Hmmmmm, I'll be visiting one of my reefing buddy's house and see what he has running as his tank is awful nice magenta purple color

Ugh almost forgot >.>

I'm lost now lol $130-200 for what??

I'm gonna send you a pm....

Paandemonium

And some want to see that you are a brick and mortar store, but most don't particularly care about that. As long as you have a tax ID # and money, they will gladly take it.

Right.

I done derped, I meant a business license lol

Right.

I looked into a few years back. I like peddling corals here and there but never as a business. There isn't enough money in coral resell to feed my lifestyle or what I am accustom to. Plus I have enough headaches with my business and certifications. Same goes for buying wholesale in the green industry. Tax ID # and a business card they will sell to you.
Paandemonium

I'm lost now lol $130-200 for what??

I'm gonna send you a pm....

For a business license lol

I looked into a few years back. I like peddling corals here and there but never as a business. There isn't enough money in coral resell to feed my lifestyle or what I am accustom to. Plus I have enough headaches with my business and certifications. Same goes for buying wholesale in the green industry. Tax ID # and a business card they will sell to you.

Which green industry lawn? Haha

Paandemonium

Damn, the price you pay to have sunshine and beautiful women :) lol

Sunny place shady people :( this is where reefs2go is based out of LOL

Damn, the price you pay to have sunshine and beautiful women :) lol

I've been to Fl many times and the women in Tx easily rival those on either coast and the suns beats down here as well, lol. You can start a "legit" business here for $12 :).

Paandemonium

I've been to Fl many times and the women in Tx easily rival those on either coast and the suns beats down here as well, lol. You can start a "legit" business here for $12 :).

I'd really like to move after I finish my next degree, Cali or Hawaii maybe. The cost of living is similar on both areas and it's relatively nice weather

I just like places where it's socially acceptable for women to wear very small amounts of clothes(because I am a hound)

Archived