Top Shelf Aquatics

Isla D'Zoa

Paandemonium

Paandemonium

The struggle: Making an LLC + Getting a resale license just so you can go to the wholesaler and buy them out. If this keeps up I might as well just get sponsored on here >.>

BTW this was more like a f*ck you to one of the local guys that bought a rock for $25(admittedly) and is now selling it for over a grand.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
defective_weeble

The struggle: Making an LLC + Getting a resale license just so you can go to the wholesaler and buy them out. If this keeps up I might as well just get sponsored on here >.>

BTW this was more like a f*ck you to one of the local guys that bought a rock for $25(admittedly) and is now selling it for over a grand.

The struggle is real.

Now hurry up and get it done.

Paandemonium

The struggle is real.

Now hurry up and get it done.

Need to save up funds, possibly by June I'll have something up and running. Need to get a banker and an accountant before I start selling anything I buy wholesale(as federal tax evasion is def not something I want to mess with)

It happens everyday ;)

I know you got some hot high dollar shit, it started the same exact way so by obtaining them with cash, credit, or trade you just fed that vicious cycle..... the good thing tho is that without those high dollar pieces we wouldn't likely have quite the variety that we do today ;)

IMO if someone is willing to pay it, he had a good hustle that day. If he has to lower the price hey thats life, sometimes the market isn't so generous but I wouldn't doubt it if he finds someone to buy it....

Paandemonium

It happens everyday ;)

I know you got some hot high dollar shit, it started the same exact way so by obtaining them with cash, credit, or trade you just fed that vicious cycle..... the good thing tho is that without those high dollar pieces we wouldn't likely have quite the variety that we do today ;)

NGL I'm pretty sure I'm just going to buy out of spite since I live REALLLYYY close to the wholesaler. Just gonna show up first thing whenever he has a new shipment released and take everything I think is cool just because I'm so irritated with the price lock down here, time to bring their little walls downnnnnn. Also, the person I'm taking about haggled me down to nothing on some polyps and then turns around and does this... nope nope nopeeeee

NGL I'm pretty sure I'm just going to buy out of spite since I live REALLLYYY close to the wholesaler. Just gonna show up first thing whenever he has a new shipment released and take everything I think is cool just because I'm so irritated with the price lock down here, time to bring their little walls downnnnnn. Also, the person I'm taking about haggled me down to nothing on some polyps and then turns around and does this... nope nope nopeeeee

Sorry hun, I am old... what is NGL? lol

What price lock down? Market dictates price, if people are willing to pay a price it will sell if not it will come down ;)

This aint a garage sale, don't haggle prices unless you can't sell em for what you're asking to anyone else... then market suggest a lower price is needed anyway.

Tell the wholesaler to send me some hot shit :) lol

Paandemonium

What price lock down? Market dictates price, if people are willing to pay a price it will sell if not it will come down ;)

This aint a garage sale, don't haggle prices unless you can't sell em for what you're asking to anyone else... then market suggest a lower price is needed anyway.

(ngl, not gonna lie)

Not really, down here the major sellers all know each other and keep their prices exactly the same so unless you know them, are selling for them OR you buy by other means its pretty freaking hard to have something like say a Bowser drop in price(still at $150 btw)

Realistically I kinda wanted them gone but its the principal of the matter not the price lol.

If once I take a trip up there I'll post pictures here, this is gonna be funnnnnn

C,

I do not disagree with you, but in certain circumstances (small numbers of suppliers, choke-points in supply) open market principles dependent upon market equilibrium may not apply.

Buy it all, Claya...will help fund your efforts!

(ngl, not gonna lie)

Yeah I figured it out about a tenth of a second before I saw you responded lol

Not really, down here the major sellers all know each other and keep their prices exactly the same so unless you know them, are selling for them OR you buy by other means its pretty freaking hard to have something like say a Bowser drop in price(still at $150 btw)

My point exactly.... if they can all sell them for $150 a polyp why would they lower their price?? To do more work to sell more and make the same or less?? Thats not a good hustle lol

Paandemonium

C,

I do not disagree with you, but in certain circumstances (small numbers of suppliers, choke-points in supply) open market principles dependent upon market equilibrium may not apply.

Ill buy it alllllll(because as a woman I feel that shopping is second nature) mostly to take pretty pictures and to share with the masses

Yeah I figured it out about a tenth of a second before I saw you responded lol

My point exactly.... if they can all sell them for $150 a polyp why would they lower their price?? To do more work to sell more and make the same or less?? Thats not a good hustle lol

Ugh I know but still the struggle is real lol

Side notessssss:

TANK COMES IN ON THURSDAY(for real this time, I'm not gonna delay the shipment anymore)

Also coming in:

All the plumbing stuff I ordered in(loc line, super low profile drains for the "phantom" overflow*, filter socks, filter sock holder)

I do need a recommendation on what foam/ padding to put under the tank as it is rimless

C,

If I have 100 polyps and in order to move them all had to sell em for say $10 a polyp to say 30 people I would have to essentially process and bag 30 different shipments, thats 30 bags requiring water (that needs to be replaced, small but adds up), 30 boxes, 30 styro cases, 30 fed ex shipments...... for $1000... with 0 polyps left over.

If I took those same 100 polyps and could sell 10 at $100 each that is 10 orders, etc etc etc.... 10.... for $1000 and 1/3 of the work and expense..... and I still have 90 polyps left to do whatever with..... who knows in 6 months (and this is even assuming no new growth lol) I spew out 50 more polyps at $20 a polyp to 20 more people.... another grand so thats $2000 for the same work I woulda made a grand for and damn still got 40 of these things to move or grow out....

The guys that want them for $1/polyp will get them still, it will just take a while, but good things are worth waiting for right? :P

Don't get me wrong I'm down for a good deal but at the same time if you don't like someones price don't buy it. If you sold it cheap and they sold it high and that made you mad sell for more next time, because the harsh reality is that if you don't the next guy likely will.

Ill buy it alllllll(because as a woman I feel that shopping is second nature) mostly to take pretty pictures and to share with the masses

Ugh I know but still the struggle is real lol

Don't buy it all, have them send me some too :(

If your hustle has you strugglin you be doin it wrong! lol

I do need a recommendation on what foam/ padding to put under the tank as it is rimless

Pretty sure you can use just about any foam/insulation. Its been a while since I've done a rimless but I used to just use the cheap white styro with a trim that would hide the front and sides ;)

Paandemonium

Don't buy it all, have them send me some too :(

If your hustle has you strugglin you be doin it wrong! lol

Pretty sure you can use just about any foam/insulation. Its been a while since I've done a rimless but I used to just use the cheap white styro with a trim that would hide the front and sides ;)

I'm doing just fine currently haha but I would like to do more :)

Hmmmmmm, I was looking into the black padding they use for workout floors and stuff but its madddd expensive.... foam it isss

I'm doing just fine currently haha but I would like to do more :)

Then the struggle isn't so real is it ;) lol

Not every piece is going to sell for thousands or even hundreds, but when you get a piece that is capable of selling for more you are silly (especially business wise) to not price it more accordingly to what the market will allow.

I'm not big on polyps but you wouldn't sell say a bowser (which you said goes for like $150 in your area) for the same as say a purple death (which goes for maybe a couple bucks to free around here)..... If you would I will take a few LOL

Hmmmmmm, I was looking into the black padding they use for workout floors and stuff but its madddd expensive.... foam it isss

Yeah you don't need all that unless they changed something in the last like 10 yrs lol

If I have 100 polyps and in order to move them all had to sell em for say $10 a polyp to say 30 people I would have to essentially process and bag 30 different shipments, thats 30 bags requiring water (that needs to be replaced, small but adds up), 30 boxes, 30 styro cases, 30 fed ex shipments...... for $1000... with 0 polyps left over.

If I took those same 100 polyps and could sell 10 at $100 each that is 10 orders, etc etc etc.... 10.... for $1000 and 1/3 of the work and expense..... and I still have 90 polyps left to do whatever with..... who knows in 6 months (and this is even assuming no new growth lol) I spew out 50 more polyps at $20 a polyp to 20 more people.... another grand so thats $2000 for the same work I woulda made a grand for and damn still got 40 of these things to move or grow out....

The guys that want them for $1/polyp will get them still, it will just take a while, but good things are worth waiting for right? :P

Don't get me wrong I'm down for a good deal but at the same time if you don't like someones price don't buy it. If you sold it cheap and they sold it high and that made you mad sell for more next time, because the harsh reality is that if you don't the next guy likely will.

I don't disagree with you...but you are discussing process and I am talking about law of large numbers NOT necessarily holding true for small number circumstances.

I don't disagree with you...but you are discussing process and I am talking about law of large numbers NOT necessarily holding true for small number circumstances.

I am just bored thinking aloud LOL To be honest I am pretty sure you lost me..... I turned off my brain hours ago lol

I am just bored thinking aloud LOL To be honest I am pretty sure you lost me..... I turned off my brain hours ago lol

Yeah, I am about there too.

Let's see what Claya can do, busting a monopoly...and not the kind with the shoe and iron.

Paandemonium

1/4" rigid foam should be more than enough. I'd still get the top of the stand as perfect as possible.

Stand is level affff foam is just to protect my investment a little bit :)

(mine hasnt been on today lol)

Yeah, I am about there too.

Let's see what Claya can do, busting a monopoly...and not the kind with the shoe and iron.

Well not bust a monopoly but to give people an alternative. Good stuff for good prices mostly :)

If you get good prices that just opens up the market for some. Cause right now you won't see me adding a bowser to my tank for $150pp, But if I get one at a more reasonable price then that may persuade me to make room for that sexy mofo :D

Archived